SJ Reviews: 'The Changeling'..Eastwoods Film Noir of 1930s LA (3 1/2)

SouthernJet

This is a true story of a kidnapped 9 year old in 1928 LA that drew media attention across the USA at the corrupt LA police force.

Basic plot is women reports son kidnapped and after no luck, a few montrhs later a boy is returned to her by cops, She says boy not mine, cops dont belive her or want to (thay want to get good publciity for solvin crime) and story unfolds from here.

It is unreal the way cops treat her and I did a little research and it really happened mostly the way movie portrays. It wil lrip your guts out to see the way the cops bungled this case thri sheer desire to cover up bad poliuce work.

The cas, Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Colm Feore, Amy Ryan is dead center as all eastwoods casts are.

Eastwood decides to filem this in a Film Noir setting and that decision make sthis move what it is. It was the right choice.

3 1/2stars_002.gif

This is a true story of a kidnapped 9 year old in 1928 LA that drew media attention across the USA at the corrupt LA police force.

Basic plot is women reports son kidnapped and after no luck, a few montrhs later a boy is returned to her by cops, She says boy not mine, cops dont belive her or want to (thay want to get good publciity for solvin crime) and story unfolds from here.

It is unreal the way cops treat her and I did a little research and it really happened mostly the way movie portrays. It wil lrip your guts out to see the way the cops bungled this case thri sheer desire to cover up bad poliuce work.

The cas, Angelina Jolie, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Colm Feore, Amy Ryan is dead center as all eastwoods casts are.

Eastwood decides to filem this in a Film Noir setting and that decision make sthis move what it is. It was the right choice.

3 1/2stars_002.gif

How tired were you when you typed this ? Just bustin :biggrin: . As usual thanks for the review. Looks like some decent holiday flicks on the horizon this month.

Wanna hear something funny?

Last week in court, I was at a Preliminary Exam for a Mother-Son Shoplifting Duo that I got felony warrants against for a stealing spree at a sporting goods store. The mom, who is a career thief and all around piece of $hit, was telling me that I need to watch this movie and learn about how corrupt I am.

HaHa

Archived