Trick Plays In Horrendus Conditions........

The Gun Of Bavaria

If Cotchery catches 2 balls that hit him between the numbers, we may have won that game. That fumble/td gave them hope. I still think he had the ball on the ground and it was ground by contact, but regardless.... all that was asked there was for him to catch the ball. It didn't even hit his hands. The conditions had nothing to do with it.

He catches that football and the whole side of the field was open for him. Easy TD for us, but he dropped it. Right between the numbers on a pitch like that, and no matter the conditions, you have to catch it. I actually didn't mind the playcalling. It was just a bad call mixed with a costly mistake, which led to a Broncos' TD.

Jerricho Cotchery did have an awful game. He seems to have a bad game whenever it is raining out which doesn't bode well for January football if there is snow. I know that snow is a totally different animal, but it is worth noting.

But yes, that was a moronic call. I don't know what you're doing running double reverses in the freakin' pooring rain. Why not go with a flea flicker while we're at it?

Jerricho Cotchery did have an awful game. He seems to have a bad game whenever it is raining out which doesn't bode well for January football if there is snow. I know that snow is a totally different animal, but it is worth noting.

But yes, that was a moronic call. I don't know what you're doing running double reverses in the freakin' pooring rain. Why not go with a flea flicker while we're at it?

they could also throw in the old statue of liberty play and the illegal fumblerooski

I'm pretty sure my high school coach knew that you don't dial up a "Razzle Dazzle" play in the middle of a 35 degree monsoon.

I completely agree with that. However, as the game went on, I didn't see Denver's receivers having trouble catching all those passes from Cutler.

Actually I think it's a brilliant idea. The pouring rain would work in our favor considering the defense which would be pursuing the first reverse would again have to change their direction in the crappy conditions. I don't blame that on the rain, just poor execution. I think it was a fantastic call that would have been considered one if we had proper execution.

I completely agree with that. However, as the game went on, I didn't see Denver's receivers having trouble catching all those passes from Cutler.

I know what you mean Tabor. As the game went on, I wondered if the Broncos were wearing Stickum or our receivers were just really that far off their game.

The gameplan didnt adjust to the conditions becuase Mangini is stubborn and thinks his players should play the same in sunny 65 degree weather as a blizzaard...

:rl:

Always bashing the CS that dropped Chady-poo. I agree with War and broadway - it was a good call with the rain, which makes it nearly impossible to change direction. How can the CS know that a receiver who hadn't dropped a pass all year would drop one from 2 feet away right in his lap?

I don't think it would have gone for a TD but it could have been a huge game and really opened up other aspects of the running attack. Unfortunately we had to play catch up.

I hope we play the Broncos again. They are not the better team.

Yeah, I exaggerated there. Cotch doesn't have the breakaway speed to not get taken down from behind, but he had a huge hole with the whole side of the O-Line ready to block upfield. There were like two Broncos guys on that side of the field, while the whole tail end, at least three or four guys, were blocking the hole.

:rl:

Always bashing the CS that dropped Chady-poo. I agree with War and broadway - it was a good call with the rain, which makes it nearly impossible to change direction. How can the CS know that a receiver who hadn't dropped a pass all year would drop one from 2 feet away right in his lap?

I don't think it would have gone for a TD but it could have been a huge game and really opened up other aspects of the running attack. Unfortunately we had to play catch up.

I hope we play the Broncos again. They are not the better team.

**** Chad you talk about him more than I do...

This CS has shown it cannot overcome adversity and not great play from its players like good coaches can... when the JETS players are playing great of course the CS looks good no matter what they call... but a good CS puts its players in a place to succeed... they did not do that this week...

Oh well... still a playoff team... Im happy... just more nervous about whether this team will lose because of its coaching again... I had enough of that this decade...

Or the decision to take the worst run defense and give them passes the entire first half.

They're also one of the worst pass defenses. They can't stop anybody on the ground or the air.

Our WRs just suck. It's been a problem for awhile now. Cotchery is a #2 WR at best, and Coles is also a #2. We do not have a true #1 WR. We just have guys that we list at #1. Everytime this is brought up people argue over it, but our guys simply do not get separation.

**** Chad you talk about him more than I do...

This CS has shown it cannot overcome adversity and not great play from its players like good coaches can... when the JETS players are playing great of course the CS looks good no matter what they call... but a good CS puts its players in a place to succeed... they did not do that this week...

Oh well... still a playoff team... Im happy... just more nervous about whether this team will lose because of its coaching again... I had enough of that this decade...

i am losing faith by the day with this CS as well. I was just bustin your balls.

Archived