Available Def Coordinators at seasons end

SouthernJet

This stuff was written by a Tampa beat writer suggesting who might take Monte Kiffins spot if he indeed follows son to tennessee..

Cant belive Herm the turd is on here,,

But interesting list IF we shiitcan Sutton

Romeo Crennel

Cleveland head coach

He has a nice resume as a defensive assistant, winning multiple Super Bowls with the Giants and the Patriots. Drawbacks? He's 61 and has been awful as a head coach in Cleveland, and there's always the question of how much he benefited from Bill Belichick's influence on the defenses in New York and New England.

Herm Edwards

Kansas City head coach

Made the playoffs in four of his first six seasons as a head coach but is 6-22 since 2007. Odd as it seems, Edwards has never been a defensive coordinator in the NFL. His strong association with Tony Dungy would seem to make him a long shot for Tampa Bay if he loses his job with the Chiefs.

Jim Haslett

St. Louis head coach

Few probably recall, but Haslett was offered Tampa Bay's defensive coordinator position before Kiffin in 1996. Haslett turned it down to stay in New Orleans, and the Saints instead gave Dungy permission to talk to Kiffin. That cleared the way for New Orleans to give the coordinator job to Haslett. Hard to see history repeating itself.

Marvin Lewis

Cincinnati head coach

Hard to recall now, but there was a time when the low-key Lewis was considered the next Dungy. Back then, he was the defensive coordinator of the Ravens during their Super Bowl heyday. Now, he's just another in a long line of head coaches who have bombed in Cincinnati. He's a fine candidate, but memories of the Glazers overruling former GM Rich McKay when he wanted to hire Lewis as head coach in 2002 might be a bit much to overcome.

Rod Marinelli

Detroit head coach

Of all the head coaches, he probably makes the most sense. Although he never found success with the Lions, Marinelli worked well with Jon Gruden and was wildly popular among Tampa Bay players. Even so, it's still a long shot.

Wade Phillips

Dallas head coach

He could still salvage his job in Dallas with a strong postseason, but Jerry Jones is not a patient man. Phillips has been a defensive coordinator (Saints, Eagles, Broncos, Bills, Falcons and Chargers) or a head coach (Broncos, Bills, Cowboys) for the past 27 seasons. Like Crennel, he is 61, but Phillips is a more proven commodity.

Pretty sure he was given a 3 year extension in 2006 when mangini first wanted to hire him, which would make the contract up this season..

Yep, his contract is up.

He had only 1 year left on this season when Kiffen wanted to fire him. He asked to be let go, but Crazy Al refused.

So unless he signed an extension (would be crazy if he did) he'll be a FA.

I like Crennel or Wade Phillips.

This stuff was written by a Tampa beat writer suggesting who might take Monte Kiffins spot if he indeed follows son to tennessee..

Cant belive Herm the turd is on here,,

But interesting list IF we shiitcan Sutton

Romeo Crennel ....

I hate retreads and that entire list

give me a LB coach from the steelers or ravens or something like that

Yep, his contract is up.

He had only 1 year left on this season when Kiffen wanted to fire him. He asked to be let go, but Crazy Al refused.

So unless he signed an extension (would be crazy if he did) he'll be a FA.

I like Crennel or Wade Phillips.

I want an attacker to balance out Mangini's gheyness..

Maybe Reid will go in Philly and Johnson will be available :)

:baby:

We didn't a week ago? I guess the seasons over, time to think about the draft.

What a joke.

Against Tenn? No we didnt, unless you drink cases of the kool-aid. There were a lot of things the Jets didnt do well and future teams could exploit

Did I say that we should think about the draft? Nope. But it would be something to discuss.. the areas where we need help in the future

A message board is a place for people to come and talk about something they are passionate about.

There are no casual fans here. We are all die hard. Die hard fans like to bitch and moan and look at the things wrong with the team and ways to fix it. Yes, we're having a really good season, but how many threads can there be sucking the Jets d!ck? Fans want improvement all the time.

If thats not what your interested in, IGNORE THE F@CKING THREAD. Its that simple. Go hang out in the jets d!ck sucking threads. I dont piss in your wheaties, so dont piss in mine.

Archived