Favorite Law and Order

JoeC36

I like them all.

I miss Lenny Briscoe, though.

agreed! jerry orbach was a very versitle actor. He was a broadway actor also.. winning at least one TOny. He was in the original production of Chicago.

Criminal Intent... but only when Vincent D'Onofrio is on... not the other guy...

love Vincent also. he is just such an interesting character,.,

agreed! jerry orbach was a very versitle actor. He was a broadway actor also.. winning at least one TOny. He was in the original production of Chicago.

love Vincent also. he is just such an interesting character,.,

my wife met him in a NYC restaurant..2 months later he died.

he was outstanding in Dirty Dancing

The show has no relationship to reality.Where ever do they get these murderous Midwestern nonethnic white people that seem to populate the Manhattan so depicted in the show? The producers don't hang around 100 Centre Street or 120 Schemerhorn Street.

That moment where the DA confronts the prime suspect with his attorney present and lays out his evidence and get a confession or the real story NEVER HAPPENS. NOT IT OCCASIONALLY HAPPENS, IT NEVER FREAKING HAPPENS. So the centerpiece scene of EVERY EPISODE is COMPLETE DRAMATIC BVLLSHEET. Any defense attorney that allowed his client to do that would be disbarred.

Problem is much of street crime is boring(drug dealer shoots drug dealer), easily-solved (common street robbery, crime between people known to each other)or so random as to be almost impossible to solve. "The Wire" was closer to reality-long, messy investigations that don't really pay off in a clean 44-minute network package. "The First 24" is also a lot closer to reality. Heck, it is reality. Problem is for network TV it's more often than not disturbing to realize we live in a country with people who are so cold, evil and stupid, and it's terribly sad.

Orbach was terrific as the gangster brother in Woody Allen's "Crimes and Misdemeanors". That may be the last Allen movie worth watching. It may also have been the point where Allen's conscience was totally untethered form his personality.

The show has no relationship to reality.Where ever do they get these murderous Midwestern nonethnic white people that seem to populate the Manhattan so depicted in the show? The producers don't hang around 100 Centre Street or 120 Schemerhorn Street.

That moment where the DA confronts the prime suspect with his attorney present and lays out his evidence and get a confession or the real story NEVER HAPPENS. NOT IT OCCASIONALLY HAPPENS, IT NEVER FREAKING HAPPENS. So the centerpiece scene of EVERY EPISODE is COMPLETE DRAMATIC BVLLSHEET. Any defense attorney that allowed his client to do that would be disbarred.

Problem is much of street crime is boring(drug dealer shoots drug dealer), easily-solved (common street robbery, crime between people known to each other)or so random as to be almost impossible to solve. "The Wire" was closer to reality-long, messy investigations that don't really pay off in a clean 44-minute network package. "The First 24" is also a lot closer to reality. Heck, it is reality. Problem is for network TV it's more often than not disturbing to realize we live in a country with people who are so cold, evil and stupid, and it's terribly sad.

it isnt "cops" LOL it isnt a reality show..it is tv..

if you want reality.. watch "real housewives of orange county" NOW that is real... honest to betsy it is my life to a tee! :D

it isnt "cops" LOL it isnt a reality show..it is tv..

if you want reality.. watch "real housewives of orange county" NOW that is real... honest to betsy it is my life to a tee! :D

Do you have to get new implants every week? That show is scary as hell.

lol.. yeah i watched about half an episode and i was laughing so hard.. really, who are these people?
They had a Thanksgiving marathon. My brother and his wife were transfixed. It's like a trip to the zoo-the Money-Grubbing Bottle Blonde Trophy Wife of North America.

Are you sure? Then where do all these plea deals come from, if not from conferences like that?

The scene you describe is one where the suspect and his attorney meet across the table from the prosecutors, and usually ends up with the suspect pleading down to a lesser charge. The conference is privileged, a jury can never be told what was said there. Since people do shoot other people purposely and very often end up pleading down to a lesser charge, please tell me how that happens unless as a result of conferences such as this.

Also, in most episodes, that is not the dramatic point of the story. The scene you describe is usually the way they get people to turn witness on the perpetrator they really want. The dramatic scenes usually happen in court.

That is for the original Law and Order. In Criminal Intent, of course, every episode comes down to the genius detective getting all the suspects together in a room, presenting the evidence and the confession being blurted out in the midst of a big argument among everybody. It's fun to watch, but I don't anyone actually thinks it happens like that.

Are you sure? Then where do all these plea deals come from, if not from conferences like that?

The scene you describe is one where the suspect and his attorney meet across the table from the prosecutors, and usually ends up with the suspect pleading down to a lesser charge. The conference is privileged, a jury can never be told what was said there. Since people do shoot other people purposely and very often end up pleading down to a lesser charge, please tell me how that happens unless as a result of conferences such as this.

Also, in most episodes, that is not the dramatic point of the story. The scene you describe is usually the way they get people to turn witness on the perpetrator they really want. The dramatic scenes usually happen in court.

That is for the original Law and Order. In Criminal Intent, of course, every episode comes down to the genius detective getting all the suspects together in a room, presenting the evidence and the confession being blurted out in the midst of a big argument among everybody. It's fun to watch, but I don't anyone actually thinks it happens like that.

Been on both ends of it. Attorneys have phones, faxes and email accounts. You DO NOT have your client sit down in the same room with a DA, unless he's a cooperating witness. Which is very unusual, even in homicide cases or major drug cases.

Okay, so your major objection is that the physical conference does not happen, but essentially the same process occurs in a step-by-step fashion thru phones and faxes.

To a person who has been there, I suppose this would be a big difference. But to the rest of us, or at least some of us, it sounds like just a little bit of artistic license that does not change the facts of the story. As long as the negotiating process is presented fairly accurately, condensing it into a face-to-face meeting instead of phone calls and faxes over the course of months doesn't seem like such a bad thing. If you went into writing fictional screenplays and teleplays, would you object to condensing a long process into a single meeting for the sake of making the story watchable?

Love em all -- but the original is still the best -- and the new cast is not half bad

and no matter what at least once a week on USA or TNT I seem to catch an episode I never have seen before -

I'm really not liking the new DA, for some reason he annoys me.

Looking forward to seeing how Jeff Goldblum does on Criminal Intent.

I'm thinking a cross between his role in The Fly and his character in Independence Day... should make for great prime-time TV.

Should be good. I just hope that he and D'Onofrio don't try to "out quirk" each other.

Last night's SVU was great, where was Elliot?

Should be good. I just hope that he and D'Onofrio don't try to "out quirk" each other.

Last night's SVU was great, where was Elliot?

i was wondering the same thing last night. Not that i dont like Fin but Elliot is the king of that show.

Archived