Tuberville out at Auburn

LoneStarLady

Hey, Aso and Thai, I just saw this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8888372?MSNHPHMA

The Tommy Tuberville era is over at Auburn.

Tuberville was fired as Auburn head coach after a 5-7 season that ended with a 36-0 drubbing at the hands of archrival Alabama, according to multiple reports Wednesday. The loss to Alabama was the most lopsided Iron Bowl result since 1962.

The decision came after a lengthy meeting Wednesday between Tuberville and athletic director Jay Jacobs, according to Inside the Auburn Tigers, Scout.com's Auburn Web site.

Auburn players were sent text messages late this afternoon and told to report to the football complex for a team meeting at 7 p.m. ET, according to Inside.

An official announcement could come later Wednesday, according to The Birmingham News.

Hey, Aso and Thai, I just saw this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8888372?MSNHPHMA

The Tommy Tuberville era is over at Auburn.

Tuberville was fired as Auburn head coach after a 5-7 season that ended with a 36-0 drubbing at the hands of archrival Alabama, according to multiple reports Wednesday. The loss to Alabama was the most lopsided Iron Bowl result since 1962.

The decision came after a lengthy meeting Wednesday between Tuberville and athletic director Jay Jacobs, according to Inside the Auburn Tigers, Scout.com's Auburn Web site.

Auburn players were sent text messages late this afternoon and told to report to the football complex for a team meeting at 7 p.m. ET, according to Inside.

An official announcement could come later Wednesday, according to The Birmingham News.

he was 7-3 vs Bama and gets canned over 1 bad year

tough crowd

Go watch BC play Vtech loser football

haha

all stats prove acc better than sec..

save bama and florida,,12 vs 12,,acc rules this year

Four ACC teams are among the top 25 in the BCS rankings, compared to three SEC teams. The average national ranking for ACC teams in the Sagarin ratings is 30.4, compared to 46 for SEC teams. Further, 10 of the ACC’s 12 teams are eligible for bowl games. The SEC could not fill its bowl slots and will send eight teams.

haha

all stats prove acc better than sec..

save bama and florida,,12 vs 12,,acc rules this year

Four ACC teams are among the top 25 in the BCS rankings, compared to three SEC teams. The average national ranking for ACC teams in the Sagarin ratings is 30.4, compared to 46 for SEC teams. Further, 10 of the ACC

announced today

:D:D:D:D

baffling hire..

I would buy it due to his supposed Def coord brilliance IF he went to a beat up terrible Iowa State and was rebuilding,,OK the record sucks, but IF he had KILLER great recruiting classes in his 3 years of recruiting there I would say he is doing a good job rebuilding..BUT, his last 3 recruiting rankings are 60, 62 and so far this year 76..WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what has he done there???? They may be in worse shape than befor he came with these kind of horrific recruiting classes..

How he thinks he can surviv ethe recruiting trail in the South with SEC powers Saban, Meyer, Richt, Kiffin, Spurrier, along with close to Auburn ACC recruiting power coaches Davis, Bowden, Shannon ..

Auburn may have f**cked this one up

baffling hire..

I would buy it due to his supposed Def coord brilliance IF he went to a beat up terrible Iowa State and was rebuilding,,OK the record sucks, but IF he had KILLER great recruiting classes in his 3 years of recruiting there I would say he is doing a good job rebuilding..BUT, his last 3 recruiting rankings are 60, 62 and so far this year 76..WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what has he done there???? They may be in worse shape than befor he came with these kind of horrific recruiting classes..

How he thinks he can surviv ethe recruiting trail in the South with SEC powers Saban, Meyer, Richt, Kiffin, Spurrier, along with close to Auburn ACC recruiting power coaches Davis, Bowden, Shannon ..

Auburn may have f**cked this one up

May have????????

i believe the barn will lose every top recruit they have

Chizik in

4-19 at iowa state

it is good to be a Bama fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is horrible.

The guy might be a brilliant defensive mind, but let's be real. He is going to get killed in the South recruiting against Saban, Meyer, Richt and Spurrier.

I would like to know the reasoning of UT and Auburn's thought process for their hires.

That is horrible.

The guy might be a brilliant defensive mind, but let's be real. He is going to get killed in the South recruiting against Saban, Meyer, Richt and Spurrier.

I would like to know the reasoning of UT and Auburn's thought process for their hires.

Kiffin will do fine

Chizik...I'm a very happy ole man right now

May have????????

i believe the barn will lose every top recruit they have

they will lose some, but all,,haha,,no way,,we can have a vbookie bet on that,,they have 1 5 star, 6 4 star and 11 3 stars.(alabama by contrast has 2 5stars, 7 4 stars, 10 3 stars)

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=9&c=14&yr=2009

3 star and above is considered to recruits by rivals/scout..so no way they lose 18,,they wont lose all the 4 stras eiter,,some definitly..new coach will promise immediate starting positions is my guess to keep fire under control..

they will lsoe some, but all,,haha,,no way,,we can have a vbookie bet on that,,they have 1 5 star, 6 4 star and 11 3 stars.(alabama by contrast has 2 5stars, 7 4 stars, 10 3 stars)

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=9&c=14&yr=2009

3 star and above is considered to recruits by rivals/scout..so no way they lose 18,,they wont lose all the 4 stras eiter,,some definitly..new coach will promise immediate starting positions is my guess to keep fire under control..

i was being sarcastic ole man

they will lose most of top ones, unless they are born and bred Barn kids

Kiffin will do fine

Chizik...I'm a very happy ole man right now

I do not think so.

He is an outsider coming off a bad stint as a NFL HC.

I would bet the recruiting coordinators at Bama, UF and UGA will use that as an advantage to lure recruits away.

if they lose their 4 or 5 ****star recruits..will be devastating

they will lose the 3 soft verbals imho, 2 of them 4 stars,,,

theywill not lose the 5 star,,was 1st commiy way long time ago from juco ranks and i thyink grades a problem,haha

but they wont lose MOST..i bet 3 4 stars tops, and a 3 star here of there,,,5 kids leave probably tops..but a blow for sure,,

Archived