Shaun Ellis arrested NOW CONFIRMED

jetsrule128

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marijuana possession, in small ammounts, should be a civil infraction... Ellis should not have been arrested for that. Driving without insurance, now that's just plain stupid, especially for a big money NFL player. Begs the question, why and WTF are you thinking? If he had an accident and it was his fault, with no insurance... Lawsuit city.

What the f%ck is going on with NY football these days.

Ellis is a moron and he's gonna get suspended.

That's it exactly...whether it's a small amount or it should be legalized. It's a banned substance by the NFL and you have to obey the rules.

Smoke the ****ing tree at home you dumbass.

This is really, really bad for this team right now.

Hopefully somebody steps up but I'm not sure that Shaun can be replaced easily.

Haha yes he can. That guy is the epitome of JAG. I'm actually thrilled, because it didn't seem like we'd get rid of him any other way.

Matt Jones got caught blowing lines in his car and is still playing.

Unless the Jets suspend him, he'll play.

Matt Jones was suspended for 3 games.

Santonio Holmes was arrested in October for weed possession and they suspended him for the Giants game 72 hours later. Ellis won't be on the field for the 49ers game.

Matt Jones was suspended for 3 games.

Santonio Holmes was arrested in October for weed possession and they suspended him for the Giants game 72 hours later. Ellis won't be on the field for the 49ers game.

I believe Jones was suspended by the league while Holmes was suspended by the Steelers.

I'm fairly shocked at some of the suggestions that are being tossed around here...have gholston or bowens take ellis' spot?? seriously?? If anyone would take his place it would be DeVito who has played pretty darn well when giving the big kat a breather..and I would imagine you would than have Mosley subbing in at both LDE and RDE instead of just backing up Coleman.

Not to trash on the guys who wanted to put bowens or gholston as our new LDE, but they are easily 30 pounds too light and would be absolutely picked on. I will admit if they wanted to run a 4-3 a few times than that could work. Something along the lines of

Pace - Mosley - Jenkins - Gholston.. That would than force other issues, but i've seen them run the 4-3 a handful of times this year. Basically as long as Jenkins is able to play, I don't see Devito or Mosley struggling in Shaun's place. I don't think stopping the run was ever the issue here; I think frank gore is going to be utilized mostly in the passing game and stopping mike martz should be a challenge.

He did in college but he sucks. I guess Bowens will move from ILB to DE because Harris is back. In the Cardinals game, Bowens had 2 forced fumbles i believe so hopefully he can play well for us the rest of the season.

Sorry to single you out, but it's unbelievable to me how many Jets fans STILL don't understand the 3-4. Neither Bowens OR Gholston are 3-4 ends!!! They are OLBs!!! They can't all of a sudden start playing defense end in the 3-4. You need to be like 300 pounds ideally.

I'm fairly shocked at some of the suggestions that are being tossed around here...have gholston or bowens take ellis' spot?? seriously?? If anyone would take his place it would be DeVito who has played pretty darn well when giving the big kat a breather..and I would imagine you would than have Mosley subbing in at both LDE and RDE instead of just backing up Coleman.

Not to trash on the guys who wanted to put bowens or gholston as our new LDE, but they are easily 30 pounds too light and would be absolutely picked on. I will admit if they wanted to run a 4-3 a few times than that could work. Something along the lines of

Pace - Mosley - Jenkins - Gholston.. That would than force other issues, but i've seen them run the 4-3 a handful of times this year. Basically as long as Jenkins is able to play, I don't see Devito or Mosley struggling in Shaun's place. I don't think stopping the run was ever the issue here; I think frank gore is going to be utilized mostly in the passing game and stopping mike martz should be a challenge.

THANK YOU.

I like your 4-3 idea...we might also move Coleman inside to DT, he goes about 290.

all that money and he doesn't have car insurance? WTF?:confused0082:

That's what I said. Is this guy retarded or what? It's week 13 and you are driving around with pot. On top of that, no insurance. Way to put the team in jeopardy. There's no excuse for that. Maybe that's why he's been quiet lately.. he's just been stoned.

Sorry to single you out, but it's unbelievable to me how many Jets fans STILL don't understand the 3-4. Neither Bowens OR Gholston are 3-4 ends!!! They are OLBs!!! They can't all of a sudden start playing defense end in the 3-4. You need to be like 300 pounds ideally.

Yes and ideally your starting end won't get arrested and probably suspended. I would definitely expect Gholston and Bowens to rotate in and out of end with Mosley/Devito getting extra reps as well. Hell, we may even play more 4-3 with Pace/Thomas putting their hands on the ground as well.

Archived