what's the best christmas present you ever got ?

Larz

or hanukkah or kwanza or festivus :D

I'd have to go old school and say it was a BB gun rifle. I was 9. I know you're thinking this is just a "christmas story" rip off, but this was 1976. way before the movie

1.jpg

I can still remember the cheap paper targets (yeah, who uses those anyway ? ) and spilling the BB's all over the wooden floor in the den :P

so what is yours ?

My dad bought me a baseball bat when I was 11. It's not so much that a baseball bat was exciting, it's that he and I went to the sporting good shop about a month prior and I saw it there. It was wildly expensive as I recall, but I loved it and felt like I could never NOT hit a HR if I had it. At the same time I realized it was ridiculously expensive and saw a look on his face that it was just way out of his range (he was raising me on his own and money was a little tight at times). My dad hid the bat and well after opening all my presents, he pulled the "A Christmas Story" move and asked me what was behind the curtain. Sure enough it was the bat. I knew what a sacrifice that was, monetarily speaking. I didn't look at it so much as me being spoiled and getting what I wanted, it was more a lesson of sacrifice and just what my dad was willing to do to make me happy. I still have that bat.

My dad bought me a baseball bat when I was 11. It's not so much that a baseball bat was exciting, it's that he and I went to the sporting good shop about a month prior and I saw it there. It was wildly expensive as I recall, but I loved it and felt like I could never NOT hit a HR if I had it. At the same time I realized it was ridiculously expensive and saw a look on his face that it was just way out of his range (he was raising me on his own and money was a little tight at times). My dad hid the bat and well after opening all my presents, he pulled the "A Christmas Story" move and asked me what was behind the curtain. Sure enough it was the bat. I knew what a sacrifice that was, monetarily speaking. I didn't look at it so much as me being spoiled and getting what I wanted, it was more a lesson of sacrifice and just what my dad was willing to do to make me happy. I still have that bat.

Damn, that might be the greatest story I've ever heard, no bull$hit.

Excuse me, I have an overwhelming urge to go and call my old man.

that's awesome ! the old surprise present trick.

I'm going to do that with my 8 year old this year with a nintendo DS. My wife has been out of work for 2 years, so even a littel DS is a big deal this year. she asks me every day if she can have one. the set-up is there, I just gotta have the patience to hide it and not give it to her christmas eve !

or hanukkah or kwanza or festivus :D

I'd have to go old school and say it was a BB gun rifle. I was 9. I know you're thinking this is just a "christmas story" rip off, but this was 1976. way before the movie

1.jpg

I can still remember the cheap paper targets (yeah, who uses those anyway ? ) and spilling the BB's all over the wooden floor in the den :P

so what is yours ?

My GrillnChill bbq grill. Mom saw it in some magazine and got it for me. Pretty awesome gift.

n727764601_134789_3147.jpg

That is my grill man Lou "The Sausage King Of Staten Island" along with a friend of mine working the baddest ass grill in all of Jets Fandom.

Archived