When is Manginas contract up?

BettorFan

Mangini has one more year left on his deal. I doubt he goes into next year a lame duck. The team will either give him a 1 year extension or give him a new 4 year type deal depending on if the Jets make the playoffs and how far they go. My guess is one home playoff game and an AFC Championship appearance gets him a new deal while anything less gets him 1 year.

Mangini has one more year left on his deal. I doubt he goes into next year a lame duck. The team will either give him a 1 year extension or give him a new 4 year type deal depending on if the Jets make the playoffs and how far they go. My guess is one home playoff game and an AFC Championship appearance gets him a new deal while anything less gets him 1 year.

On the money.

He's signed through next yr. He's not a lame duck coach. He got an extension, and announced one, after year 1.

Partly correct.

Mangini HAS NOT gotten an extension.

He signed a 4 year deal which expires at the end of the 2009 season. So his deal is up after next year.

It was reported some time ago that Woody did not want to make the same mistake he did with Herm in giving a HC an extension after early success. Woody has taken a "wait-and-see" approach.

Archived