OJ gets 15 years....has to serve at least 6

SouthernJet

O.J. Simpson Sentenced to 15 Years for Armed Robbery and Kidnapping

Friday, December 05, 2008

8_68_120508_OJ10.jpg FNC

Dec. 5: O.J. Simpson reacts to his sentence.

O.J. Simpson was sentenced Friday to 15 years in prison for armed robbery and kidnapping in a failed attempt to recover sports memorabilia from two collectibles peddlers.

There will be the possibility of parole after six years, Judge Jackie Glass said.

His co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart received the same sentence.

Before the judge handed down his sentence, Simpson apologized to her and the Las Vegas court after learning he won't be able to be freed on bail if he appeals.

Simpson appeared for his sentencing in a blue prison jumpsuit, shackles and handcuffs.

"I stand before you today sorry," an emotional Simpson told Glass, fighting back tears. "I am apologetic to the people of Nevada. ... When I came here, I came here for a wedding. I didn't come to reclaim property."

Holy shiite,,all media outlets have now reversed themselves after fact checking with Nevada law, and OJ is not eliglible for parole for NINE years. It was originally reported he would be eligible after 6 years..

Have a nice 9 years to the Ultimate ThugTurd

"

Glass, a no-nonsense judge known for her tough sentences, imposed such a complex series of consecutive and concurrent sentences that even many attorneys watching the case were confused as to how much time Simpson got.

Simpson could serve up to 33 years but could be eligible for parole after nine years, according to Elana Roberto, the judge's clerk. "

Rotting in hell wouldn't suffice as punishment for this turd.

I think thats scheduled sometime after parole.

pretty serious charges for what actually took place in the hotel room. kidnapping? wow

oj didn't even have a gun did he?

I could care less about what happens to OJ but the legal system is all over the place.

pretty serious charges for what actually took place in the hotel room. kidnapping? wow

oj didn't even have a gun did he?

I could care less about what happens to OJ but the legal system is all over the place.

But OJ assembled the people who pulled the gun, which made him responsible. The gun-toters wouldn't be in the hotel room unless OJ hired them.

I really think what got OJ all this time was both the tape which allowed the jury to hear how intimidating OJ and the gun-toter were plus the fact that one of the guys who was robbed had a heart attack the next day.

If I were on a jury I would be inclined to find the kidnaping charges, (which consisted of holding the victims in a room for five minutes then making them take the stuff out to a car), a stretch. But since the whole incident resulted in a guy nearly dying from the stress, at that point I'd be ready to throw the book at OJ.

But OJ assembled the people who pulled the gun, which made him responsible. The gun-toters wouldn't be in the hotel room unless OJ hired them.

I really think what got OJ all this time was both the tape which allowed the jury to hear how intimidating OJ and the gun-toter were plus the fact that one of the guys who was robbed had a heart attack the next day.

If I were on a jury I would be inclined to find the kidnaping charges, (which consisted of holding the victims in a room for five minutes then making them take the stuff out to a car), a stretch. But since the whole incident resulted in a guy nearly dying from the stress, at that point I'd be ready to throw the book at OJ.

I think it's more pretty much everybody thought he was guilty of the murders last time. He should have been jailed last time. I'm not sure about this time, but it evens out in the end. You're right the legal system is all over the place though. Or maybe it's just he couldn't get Cochran this time, for obvious reasons.

Archived