Jim Rice.....Hall of Fame?

PFSIKH

Does Jim "Ed" Rice get in?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does Jim "Ed" Rice get in?

• Yes
    • No

If the poll was "should he," I'd have voted yes. Since it's "will he," I voted no.

I voted the same way.

I wasn't around for Rice's dominating years in the 70's and early 80's but have heard and read plenty about them.

The Baseball Writers of America are spiteful pricks. Rice is still a little on the abrasive side but what does that have to do with his performance on the diamond?

You either belong in the HOF or you don't. If you have to sit and have a discussion about it , he doesn't. He never won anything. He loses again at this.

/thread

I didn't realize that Rice played all 9 positions on the field. That argument is beyond weak.

Apart from the NBA, MLB is a sport driven by individual stats.

I didn't realize that Rice played all 9 positions on the field. That argument is beyond weak.

Apart from the NBA, MLB is a sport driven by individual stats.

Negatory. If you have to sit and make an argument for a guy to be in the HOF, he doesn't belong. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if he was your childhood idol or not. The Red Sux of that era and those before were a bunch of choke artists. Whether you like it or not, that affects how people see them. It's a well deserved perception. Andre dawson belongs in the HOF way before Rice.

Negatory. If you have to sit and make an argument for a guy to be in the HOF, he doesn't belong. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter if he was your childhood idol or not. The Red Sux of that era and those before were a bunch of choke artists. Whether you like it or not, that affects how people see them. It's a well deserved perception. Andre dawson belongs in the HOF way before Rice.

The only reason there is an argument is because of the Baseball Writers of America disdain for the way Rice treated them. Why the media vote for the HOF is beyond me.

Rice received 72% of the vote last year. 75% gets him in.

Your argument is beyond weak. If the Red Sox were choke artists then what were Dawson's Expos and Cubs teams?

Compare Dawson's numbers to Fried Rice. Dawson was a more dominant player in his league. The fact that Rice is even mentioned in the same breath as HOF is laughable. Are you going to induct Abreu too when he retires ? Pathetic.

Are you serious? Dawson played 5 more seasons than Rice and pretty much sucked later in his career. He also played at Wrigley Field for 5 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your argument based on Rice having no rings and playing at Fenway?

You are losing this argument.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived