• Snoop Doggy Dogg "Doggystyle"
    • Notorious BIG "Ready to Die"
    • Eminem "Slim Shady LP"
    • Nas "Illmatic"
    • other - and you better explain

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andre Hicks (July 5, 1970 – November 1, 2004), better known by his stage name, Mac Dre. He was one of the originators of hyphy and is generally considered the creator of Thizz music. He worked with well-known artists such as Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Richie Rich, Keak da Sneak, Andre Nickatina, and Too $hort. He also provided an uncredited hook to the track "Gotta Survive" off of Young Lay's Black N' Dangerous album.

His lyrics were largely based on his neighborhood known by those around him as "The Crest", short for Country Club Crest. His music gained popularity in the early to mid 1990s throughout the Bay Area, eventually receiving national recognition through his independent record labels Romp and Thizz Entertainment. During his music career, he released many hit singles, such as "Too Hard for the ****in' Radio", and more recently "Feelin' Myself" and "Get Stupid". His music continues to be released posthumously. He was the creator of the "Thizzle Dance", as well as many other popular dances which were referred to as giggin'.

On November 1, 2004, returning to Kansas City, Missouri, a car pulled up next to the white diesel van carrying Dre. Though it is not known whether words were exchanged, occupants of the car opened fire. The van swerved off the road and into a ravine where it ran into a ditch and Dre was thrown from the vehicle. Mac's driver could not find him in the dark and ran down the freeway to get help but found Mac dead upon returning. He is believed to have died instantly from a gunshot wound to the neck. His last words were said to be "I'm getting too old for this gangsta ****".

In 2005 due to a large amount of suspicion, Kansas City rapper Anthony "Fat Tone" Watkins was murdered in Las Vegas, allegedly by Bay Area rapper and Dre's good friend Mac Minister, in retaliation for Hicks' death. The body of a prostitute, 21-year-old Lee Danae Laursen, was found in Fairfield, CA in November 2005; Laursen had been in the company of Mac Minister (Andre Dow) and Jason Mathis in Las Vegas when Watkins was murdered. In March 2006, Dow was arrested by FBI officials and both Dow and Mathis were indicted on murder charges in the Watkins murder. Some in the rap community initially suspected the March 2007 shooting death of Johnny Cash (Johnny Castaneda, a/k/a "The Fast Gunna") was related to the Mac Dre killing; however, officials attributed Castaneda's death to unrelated "street violence".

On the weekend of the August 26, 2006, Hicks' tombstone was stolen from his final resting place at the Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland, California. AP.9, a rapper who was close to Hicks offered a $10,000 reward out of his own pocket for anyone who had any information on the location of the tombstone. AP.9 stated that he believed the theft had nothing to do with Hicks' murder. The tombstone has since been replaced.

You realize that the world has not skipped a beat ? Why don't you start looking up to more productive human beings than these dope dealers ? I'm sure even on the Celtics , you can find better role models than these idiots who can't speak english properly and can't pull their pants up.

Who the **** you calling a racist? This ******* perpetuates a negative stereotype and I'm the racist. **** you and **** him. *******s you glorify an asinine subculture that promotes drug abuse, gang violence and the objectification of women. Yeah, It's a real loss. The world has lost a visionary and a scholar.

If you don't support stupidity, and degredation of women you are a racist. That's the culture he lives in. Driving on 20 inch chrome wheels is an accomplishment for him. Leave him alone .

Let's see, you are leaving out a few of his OTHER accomplishments:

He was charged with conspiracy to commit bank robbery. His record label, Romp Productions, and his many references to "Romper Room" in his songs, coincided with a Vallejo robbery gang of the time calling themselves the "Romper Room Gang" and responsible for the robberies of many area banks and pizza parlors. He was sentenced to 5 years in State Prison.

That sure sounds like someone who the world is going to miss.

Let's see, you are leaving out a few of his OTHER accomplishments:

He was charged with conspiracy to commit bank robbery. His record label, Romp Productions, and his many references to "Romper Room" in his songs, coincided with a Vallejo robbery gang of the time calling themselves the "Romper Room Gang" and responsible for the robberies of many area banks and pizza parlors. He was sentenced to 5 years in State Prison.

That sure sounds like someone who the world is going to miss.

Tim Allen was a coke dealer who snitched his buddies out to avoid hard time

then he became a famous actor

by your logic he is a bad guy righT??

i smell racism

Do you see a thread here praising him ? All you do is post threads about these criminals you call artists. STFU. I posted your "idol's" other accomplishments. Why don't you address that . Is that the kind of people you look up to ?

All I have to say is avoid East Oakland or the Vallejo area

14954187_e8cc3abc66.jpg

macdremural_eastoakland.jpg

macdremural_vallejo.jpg

'

You forgot to mention that 2pac and Suge had stomped out thats MFer in the hotel lobby just hours before.

Are those 2 other people we should look up to ? Where is the 2pac RIP thread ? He gave so much to us as a nation.

Black Out ? Focus ? :rl:

He can't even afford to drive one !!

I will never understand cRap. Any talentless fool criminal who can make sentences rhyme, if the subject matter is about being a criminal or talk about ghetto-whore women they've slept with or want to sleep with, apparently an artist and a musician nowadays.

Art. lol

Idolize honorable people who get up every day & go to a job they hate because personal and familial responsibilities dictate they do it. Not senseless morons who make it big for doing no work and then pissing their lives away.

Archived