• Snoop Doggy Dogg "Doggystyle"
    • Notorious BIG "Ready to Die"
    • Eminem "Slim Shady LP"
    • Nas "Illmatic"
    • other - and you better explain

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compared to most of the "stars" of the genre he was obviously one of the good guys.

His rap sheet almost shines when compared to the rest:

Breed's career cooled considerably in recent years, and he spent eight months in prison for a parole violation that was a result of unpaid child support. In April, a Flint judge sentenced him to 60 days in jail as a result of owing more than $200,000 in unpaid child support to three different women.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to send out my condolences to the family of Party Arty of the world famous D.I.T.C. (Diggin In The Crates Crew)

He passed away this afternoon (Dec. 4) around 1:30pm due to health complications…

His hardcore lyrics have been ringing out in the streets from Showbiz & AG, Lord Finesse, OC, and their own group GD which consists of rhyme partner D-Flow…

He also appeared on the joint I produced called “Weed Scented” which featured Guru of Gang Starr and OC on AG’s first solo LP…He appears on the new D.I.T.C. Records compilation which is in stores now called “The Movement”

…He caught the attention of 50 Cent altough the deal never went thru but his talent was recognized by true heads of the rap **** for his hyped up insane style on records and on stage preformance…

This also marks the 1 year anniversary of UGK member Pimp C who passed away this same day last year…We love you and will miss you both… R.I.P. Arty… DJ Premier

rip

and you know nothing about hip hop if you think that snoop dogg or eminem has the greatest rap album of all time..

Opinions on musical taste have next to nothing to do with knowledge. The only thing that might make someone's opinion less reasonable is if they haven't been exposed to all the choices.

And I choose "The Chronic". :yes:

Opinions on musical taste have next to nothing to do with knowledge.

of course it does. if you think that Soulja Boy is the best rapper alive, you have absolutely no knowledge on what true hip hop is. if you think the 2008 lions is the greatest football team to ever play the game, you know nothing about football.

of course it does. if you think that Soulja Boy is the best rapper alive, you have absolutely no knowledge on what true hip hop is. if you think the 2008 lions is the greatest football team to ever play the game, you know nothing about football.

Big difference between football opinions and music. Different styles of music cater to different audiences; a person that likes modern rap might not like old school rap or vice versa, or someone might prefer west coast rap over the east coast stuff. I wouldn't discount anyone's musical tastes because I disagree with them.

Football teams face off head to head so it is easy to see who is best and who sucks. Music is just totally different, I don't see the comparison.

Archived