The Bob Sutton watch

Larz

about the only thing that can lead to a nightmare finish here folks, imho, is Bob Sutton/Eric Mangina making ordinary shleps look all pro on offense

giving NFL QB's time to throw hoping to cover the WR's for 5 seconds :face:

double teaming WR's, and having revis and rhodes on the same side, exposing pace in coverage when pace was brought here to rush the QB :disgust:

the run D has been great, but a HS coordinator could stop a run game when your front 7 is good enough alone and you don't need 8 in the box

so

for the next 4 weeks, I'm officially on a sutton/mangini watch, and I'll report back here on the results, including any positive or happy results

here we go into a critical december game with the pats facing a westcoast cream puff, we will be on the same coast facing a team the jets "should" beat

the offensive numbers for SF 49ers Offense

total offense rank = 26th

pts per game = 21st

lets just say sutty has a manageable offense to contain this week

rush yards per game = 25th

pass yards per game = 18th

now, this can be explained in part by a team that is always trailing in the 4th quarter, and has to abandon the running game, so lets take a closer look

avg yards per rush = 4.0, good for 22nd

avg yards per attempt, passing = 7.65, good for #8

the stat that really jumps out when you look at the 9ers is turnovers

they are -13 !!!

they have 28 giveaways in 12 games. WOW

the bottom line here is the 9ers can move it in the passing game, but turn it over a lot

so

any DC worth his salt pressures the QB right ?

this game will come down to turnovers imho

lets just pray shotty gives it to jones 25 times in this one

3 man rush = completion. blitz = completion. :curse:

I have to say, the coaches were bad, but so were the players. the 9ers wanted it more, and for a 4-8 team to want it more than an 8-4 team is a DISGRACE

with that said, here are the numbers

avg pts per game going in = 21.8, jets gave up 24

rush yards per game going in = 98, jets gave up 100

pass yards per game going in = 205, jets gave up 275

time of possession : 40 ****ing minutes

sutton was severly out coached by martz

I hate to say it, but if the JETS get in to the playoffs, they have a very slim chance of winning a game with this defense

OK Bob

your mission is to stop an offense with it's back up QB in december. Are you up for it ?

here are the numbers;

overall points per game = 22nd, 21.5

overall offense, yards per game = 23rd, 309

overall rushing yards per game= 21st, 108

overall passing, yards per game = 18th, 201

again, a team with a losing record can have skewed yardage stats due to trailing late in the game, so here are the per attempt numbers

rushing yards per attempt = 18th, 4.1

passing yards per attempt = 12th, 7.26

turnovers they are -7, 25 giveaways in 13 games

so again, we face a pedestrian offense that passes it better than it rushes it :face:

but what losman at QB, how does that change things ?

as cassel proved, the jets are very slow to react to a mobile QB, and losmans legs will likely torment the jets

he is hitting 60% of his throws, has 1 TD to 2 int's, and a long of 87. he also has been sacked 12 times in 65 attempts.

most DC's would look at this and say bring the pressure, he holds onto the ball and takes too many sacks

but we now eric and bob better than that don't we ?

they didn't pressure the turnover prone 9ers, so they won't pressure sack prone losman either

right now, mangini is selling his staff on the idea that he holds it long enough for 3 guys to get there

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see

OK Bob

your mission is to stop an offense with it's back up QB in december. Are you up for it ?

here are the numbers;

overall points per game = 22nd, 21.5

overall offense, yards per game = 23rd, 309

overall rushing yards per game= 21st, 108

overall passing, yards per game = 18th, 201

again, a team with a losing record can have skewed yardage stats due to trailing late in the game, so here are the per attempt numbers

rushing yards per attempt = 18th, 4.1

passing yards per attempt = 12th, 7.26

turnovers they are -7, 25 giveaways in 13 games

so again, we face a pedestrian offense that passes it better than it rushes it :face:

but what losman at QB, how does that change things ?

as cassel proved, the jets are very slow to react to a mobile QB, and losmans legs will likely torment the jets

he is hitting 60% of his throws, has 1 TD to 2 int's, and a long of 87. he also has been sacked 12 times in 65 attempts.

most DC's would look at this and say bring the pressure, he holds onto the ball and takes too many sacks

but we now eric and bob better than that don't we ?

they didn't pressure the turnover prone 9ers, so they won't pressure sack prone losman either

right now, mangini is selling his staff on the idea that he holds it long enough for 3 guys to get there

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see

I think they will pressure Losman. They did a good job bringing DBs against the Bills the first game. Your original post is the one that let me know we were in for a long day against the Niners. The turnovers were there for the taking, but the Jets couldn't fall on any fumbles.

I think they will pressure Losman. They did a good job bringing DBs against the Bills the first game. Your original post is the one that let me know we were in for a long day against the Niners. The turnovers were there for the taking, but the Jets couldn't fall on any fumbles.

that was crazy ! they put it on the turf like 5 times.

In my newspaper this morning Army has fired their football coach Stan Brock and a lot of the alumni want Bob Sutton to come back and be their coach. Army fired Sutton and brought in Bobby Ross. Ross retired and Brock was hired to replace him. Sutton has been the most successful coach Army has had in the last twenty years.

In my newspaper this morning Army has fired their football coach Stan Brock and a lot of the alumni want Bob Sutton to come back and be their coach. Army fired Sutton and brought in Bobby Ross. Ross retired and Brock was hired to replace him. Sutton has been the most successful coach Army has had in the last twenty years.

lets hope so

then I can go to army games again for something besides the campus and tailgating by the river !

Archived