Coles at it again!

LockeJET

Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters: "We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for." There's more: "This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time." It gets better: "I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else." And, in signing off: "Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it.

From SF Chronicle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters: "We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for." There's more: "This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time." It gets better: "I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else." And, in signing off: "Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it.

From SF Chronicle

Link? Really doesn't sound like something LC would say, especially to the media.

do i play coles or bruce today? OY! i hate playing a guy who is going against us.. but this is FF playoffs... OY!

help!

Gotta go with Bruce. He's producing more lately and Coles is now Favre's #3 option.

1. Keller

2. Cotchery

3. Coles

Go with Bruce.

Yeah, the offense went through Coles, and the offense was ineffective.

Coles is simply not that great. He needs to realize that the offense is much better now, and that's the ultimate goal. Not to get him catches underneath and not score points.

Gotta go with Bruce. He's producing more lately and Coles is now Favre's #3 option.

1. Keller

2. Cotchery

3. Coles

Go with Bruce.

I wish Coles was his #3. I still think Coles gets more looks than Cotch. It hurts me since I have to play Breaston or Hixon over Cotch because of it.

1. Keller

2. Cotchery

3. Coles

Go with Bruce.

thanks! ;)

There is a seperate forum for this:p

well i need an answer quick.. lol

Yeah, the offense went through Coles, and the offense was ineffective.

Coles is simply not that great. He needs to realize that the offense is much better now, and that's the ultimate goal. Not to get him catches underneath and not score points.

YEah the points the scored last year with him as the focal point vs this year aren't even close. Plus the running game is much better and the TE productivity is through the roof.

Sorry LC but if you complained about this that isn't right. This TEAM is doing well. That is all that matters.

"he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."

agreed but the list of guys who should be getting more credit goes like this

mangold (dealing with wilfat and henderson)

woody (most big runs to his side)

baker (always makes a block on long runs)

t-rich

coles can't get open deep anymore. maybe it's his thigh injury, but I haven't seen him get separation in 2 months

When was Coles ever the focal point of an offense? One year in Washington maybe? I cant ever think of a time where I would say "the offense runs through Coles" in his career.

I was thinking the same thing. Pennyboy is known for spreading the ball around. Maybe Coles was his preferred target but everyone touched the ball in that offense.

I hated reading this article as I thought Coles was over losing his buddy. He is just mad because he cant get open anymore otherwise Brett would get him the ball. If he continues to act this way his play will only worsen and Keller will just get better.

Whoa. You're a girl?

a/s/l?

From SF Chronicle

I KNEW IT!!!! it was so blatant last week!!!!! Anyone remember calling me crazy? Punk a$$ coles, I'm sick of him, he's clearly the #2 guy, Cotchery is twice as good, coles is a great #2 but not at the expense of team chemistry......where are you, CLOWNEY?????!!!!

I learned in Madden before I learned in real life that Coles is a GREAT slot receiver... he is too small to be a #1 guy though... Chad force fed him the ball... Favre will not do the same for him... he is sad... cry me a river...

Coles bitches like hes a # 1 WR. Someone should break the news to him that he isnt.

At least when a guy like TO complains he can go out and back it up. Coles is a nice little tough possesion WR at this point.

Favre should look for Keller and Cotch first.

Coles bitches like hes a # 1 WR. Someone should break the news to him that he isnt.

At least when a guy like TO complains he can go out and back it up. Coles is a nice little tough possesion WR at this point.

Favre should look for Keller and Cotch first.

Coles has not been the same receiver since he hurt his foot in Washington, he is now a good underneath receiver that is why noodles an he get along so well.

Archived