David Harris: We didn't make any halftime adjustments

newjakecity

Per interview on SNY.

After hearing that comment, I would immediately call the entire coaching staff into my office tomorrow morning and ask if its true. If it is, somebody would walk out of there with a pink slip. And I would let them know that if they continue to waste the talent that was brought in, that the rest of them will also be looking for a job.

Probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure which coach I would make an example out of.

players didn't execute. Adjustments or not, players were 10 yds open.. and our WRs are so slow it's not funny.

Are you Suttons mom?

Players didnt execute becuase they were not in a position to!

Let me break it down with a wild example to make it obvious to you...

Can this entire staff and put the local HS coaching staff out there... how would the team do?

Now can this entire staff and put the top coaches from all time out there... how would the team do?

players didn't execute. Adjustments or not, players were 10 yds open.. and our WRs are so slow it's not funny.

The coaches jobs are to game plan to exploit the weaknesses of the opponents and show the strengths of your team. Halftime adjustments are one of the most underrated aspects of the game. If no halftime adjustments were made, this means our coaching staff are trying to get their paychecks without doing their jobs.

Are you Suttons mom?

Can this entire staff and put the local HS coaching staff out there... how would the team do?

Now can this entire staff and put the top coaches from all time out there... how would the team do?

You can't blame everything on the staff. Are they the ones on the field. The players didn't execute well and that's not even debatable. Its really simple, the players didn't execute and the coaches did a terrible job adjusting and playcalling. This game was pretty much everyone's fault not just the coaches or players.

Even when you are sitting on the sidelines.. we all see what the hell is going on and have ideas on what we can try to maybe turn it around. What I don't understand is how a coach doesn't make adjustments. I mean, what is he if he doesn't make adjustments? Just a body on the sidelines? Maybe he still thinks he's a ballboy?

Are you Suttons mom?

Exactly, plays and packages are called in...and we were constantly out of position and with the wrong personel.

This game is 100% of the coaching staff. And to further reinforce that theory, why havent we been prepared to win a West Coast/4PM game this season?

When you are in the game for that long and you cant get into positoin to make a play, its not effort or execution, its coaching.

You can't blame everything on the staff. Are they the ones on the field. The players didn't execute well and that's not even debatable. Its really simple, the players didn't execute and the coaches did a terrible job adjusting and playcalling. This game was pretty much everyone's fault not just the coaches or players.

They executed just fine, they werent in the right spot to begin with what to you expect?

They executed just fine, they werent in the right spot to begin with what to you expect?

So I guess missed tackles are the coaches fault? Also, blown assignments are the coaches fault too? The coaches are responsible for players not shedding blocks as well? And its definitely the coaches fault that balls are overthrown or inaccurate? And I forgot its their fault that receivers can't get open too?

Who needs halftime adjustments?

Mangini hasn't made any in his career.

It's a historical fact that every season of Mangini's 3 year coaching career, the Jets have been outscored in the 2nd half.

What's sad is this is on the heels of Coles saying that the offense had no answer for how Denver took away our wideouts last week.

I am a Mangini fan but am severely disappointed in the last two weeks.If this team collapses with the schedule we have and have had down the stretch, it may be time for him to go. There is too much offensive fire power on this team for games like today and Oakland..

What's sad is this is on the heels of Coles saying that the offense had no answer for how Denver took away our wideouts last week.

I am a Mangini fan but am severely disappointed in the last two weeks.If this team collapses with the schedule we have and have had down the stretch, it may be time for him to go. There is too much offensive fire power on this team for games like today and Oakland..

Yep.

Execution is always the # 1 aspect. But how come they had no defense for Martz moving people around and having defenders bumping into each other?

They scored before the half on that and did it again in the 2nd half. That one is on the defensive coaches.

Oh my God! I agree with Mr. Sunshine. You all wanted a team built from the lines out and now you are bitching because the skill position guys can't get it done. The team is slow in the secondary and at WR and because of that they are open to be abused. With the specific weakness this team has on D, did anybody think a Martz team would be easy?

The Niners did a good job dealing with Leon (there was at least the one time when Willis stopped a 1st one on one). Key penalties cost a bunch of points - The KO return? Everybody's MVP taking an encroachment on 4th and 1? Does he think he's Joe ****ing Klecko? Somebody had a stat that SF is that bad, but has a ton of turnovers. Well, they fumbled 5 times and the Jets only got one. SF recovered one for a TD. Sometimes that's just how the ball bounces.

Execution is always the # 1 aspect. But how come they had no defense for Martz moving people around and having defenders bumping into each other?

They scored before the half on that and did it again in the 2nd half. That one is on the defensive coaches.

We have been destroyed by that all season when teams choose to exploit it. I think we need to go for broke and try and become a blitzing D for the final weeks if that's possible. Early in the season it appeared we were a QB pressure defense. That is now invisibe and any NFL QB will pick you apart if he has all day to survey the secondary.

Anyone dare to break down the score by quarter and half for the Jets this season?

Meaning what the points for and against are in total. I would but I think it would make me

:smilies2_puke:

I am sick too, what the hell happened?? Why dont we make any adjustments??

Once again, I am confused.

But, I still believe!

Go Jets!!!!

Anyone dare to break down the score by quarter and half for the Jets this season?

Meaning what the points for and against are in total. I would but I think it would make me

:smilies2_puke:

Jets points by quarter: 85 - 114 - 40 - 98 - 3

Opponents' points: 50 - 75 - 62 - 78 - 3

By half, Jets: 199 - 138

Opponents: 125 - 140

Dont cloud the hatred with facts. LOL

Hopefully we can snag someone different, someday......

Romeo? @ least he's a proven DC, I'm sure he'll have this defense playing with some fire and have better blitz schemes...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived