David Harris: We didn't make any halftime adjustments

newjakecity

Per interview on SNY.

After hearing that comment, I would immediately call the entire coaching staff into my office tomorrow morning and ask if its true. If it is, somebody would walk out of there with a pink slip. And I would let them know that if they continue to waste the talent that was brought in, that the rest of them will also be looking for a job.

Probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure which coach I would make an example out of.

Favre's fault

What ever problems this defense scheme-wise and coaching had, did nothing to change that the defense spare Jenkins and Revis doesn't cover receivers, tackle well or get ot the QB.

Harris took 2 giant steps back perofrmance-wise. A

Deep down we know you're blaming Pennington.

Kind of. More so Clemens though, but Chad is to blame as well.

Remember Favre was only here because Clemens and Chad stunk so much last year and this TC..

Think about this, if we would've lost to KC last year we'd have drafted Matty Ice instead of that muscle bound stiff and Favre would never be here either..

;)

What ever problems this defense scheme-wise and coaching had, did nothing to change that the defense spare Jenkins and Revis doesn't cover receivers, tackle well or get ot the QB.

We might have to cut Harris a little slack because he was hurt. I also think the defensive scheme did not use him right or Kerry Rhodes right. Kerry was playing 20-30 yards off every play. It is beyond me how you take your two best defensive players out of the play before the snap.

We might have to cut Harris a little slack because he was hurt. I also think the defensive scheme did not use him right or Kerry Rhodes right. Kerry was playing 20-30 yards off every play. It is beyond me how you take your two best defensive players out of the play before the snap.

Yeah Harris was hurt and Mangini essentially made him feel like he was a loser or was going to loose his spot if he didnt play hurt,... nobody ever actually coulod just admit they were hurt on the JETS when mangini was here... they all came back early... it was actually worse than Herms injury management...

there's something seriously wrong scheme-wise when you play a team lke seattle, who had an o-line full of back-ups and practice aquad guys and you don't even get close to putting pressure on the qb all game.

Yeah Harris was hurt and Mangini essentially made him feel like he was a loser or was going to loose his spot if he didnt play hurt,... nobody ever actually coulod just admit they were hurt on the JETS when mangini was here... they all came back early... it was actually worse than Herms injury management...

Mangini tried so hard to be just like Belecheat* it came back to bite him. There is a difference of playing injured and playing with aches and pains. Part of being a good coach is knowing the difference.

Mangini tried so hard to be just like Belecheat* it came back to bite him. There is a difference of playing injured and playing with aches and pains. Part of being a good coach is knowing the difference.

Well put

Mangini put fear into his players... but never rewarded them like BB does... he scares the **** out of his guys but lets them know he is 100% behind them (even if he isnt) because thats how you get 110% out of a guy... otherwise you wind up with a guy playing scared... which is EXACTLY how the JETS play... sorry PLAYED... thank god Mangini is gone!

I think Mangini let the power get to his head. If he was humble about being on charge of that many people and didn't have so much pride he could have been a better coach. It just seemed like he had a big ego and a lot of pride and refused to make adjustments or make back-up plans. If the Jets game planned something and it didn't work it didn't seem like that had much of a plan b or a plan c. Like Mangini didn't even entertain the idea that their game plan wouldn't work. It also seemed like at times that Mangini out thought himself.

I think it looked more like he took 3 umbrella steps to the left.

Per interview on SNY.

After hearing that comment, I would immediately call the entire coaching staff into my office tomorrow morning and ask if its true. If it is, somebody would walk out of there with a pink slip. And I would let them know that if they continue to waste the talent that was brought in, that the rest of them will also be looking for a job.

Probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure which coach I would make an example out of.

Nah, gitout. Really?

:roll:

Kind of. More so Clemens though, but Chad is to blame as well.

Remember Favre was only here because Clemens and Chad stunk so much last year and this TC..

Think about this, if we would've lost to KC last year we'd have drafted Matty Ice instead of that muscle bound stiff and Favre would never be here either..

;)

I've had similar thoughts about Matt Ryan in green and white as well...

Favre couldn't succeed, Pennington couldn't succeed, Clemens couldn't succeed. 3 different QB's with different play styles, Favre Gunsliner, Pennington High % completions short passes, Clemens scramble out of the pocket and throw on the run. I don't think any QB could have been good for this team last year except Young or Vick and only if they never passed.

Well put

Mangini put fear into his players... but never rewarded them like BB does... he scares the **** out of his guys but lets them know he is 100% behind them (even if he isnt) because thats how you get 110% out of a guy... otherwise you wind up with a guy playing scared... which is EXACTLY how the JETS play... sorry PLAYED... thank god Mangini is gone!

I had so much hope for Mangini at first but he was not a real football coach whom can get into teaching players like a BB, Cowher or Parcells. He was defensive coordinator for 1 year under BB which is a figure head position under BB.

Mangini sucked.

He's at least a bright guy so someday he may become a successful HC. But let him learn on someone else's team.

Either get someone who already knows how to win, or try to find the guy we think is the most-likely to be a successful first-time HC. I really don't care which. But Mangini had to go.

Mangini sucked.

He's at least a bright guy so someday he may become a successful HC. But let him learn on someone else's team.

Either get someone who already knows how to win, or try to find the guy we think is the most-likely to be a successful first-time HC. I really don't care which. But Mangini had to go.

Preach it brother Edwards!

Mangini sucked.

The way I see it is similar... bring in a guy who knows it all with a plan...

OR

Bring in the young exciting attacking type guy who will make the players play above their usual level... I really would prefer an offensive coach and a new aggresive DC... but that might be wishful thinking...

Are there any good HC candidates that were RB or OL coaches at some point? That to me would be ideal... Bring in a OC who was a QB or WR coach... and an attacking DC... that will cover all bases and should equate to a pretty good team...

Mangini sucked.

You're exactly right and I've stated all the same opinions on this board except for one - you say he sucks - past tense. I maintain if we had a play-off game Saturday and he had not been issues his GTFO papers - He would still suck.

Mangini sucked.

yeah we all thought mangini was that guy.

i'll bet sparano, smith, and harbaugh have off years next year

Are you Suttons mom?

Players didnt execute becuase they were not in a position to!

Let me break it down with a wild example to make it obvious to you...

Can this entire staff and put the local HS coaching staff out there... how would the team do?

Now can this entire staff and put the top coaches from all time out there... how would the team do?

How can you fire a head coach and not roll some of the assistants out the door immediately? This is obviously a cut rate franchise trying to get some mileage out of guys with time on their contracts. You cannot force feed assistants to the next coach. Maybe they are keeping them so they can cut them late and leave them out there with no jobs available? Just kidding. We would have to have spiteful infants in our FO to conceive of something like that.

How can you fire a head coach and not roll some of the assistants out the door immediately? This is obviously a cut rate franchise trying to get some mileage out of guys with time on their contracts. You cannot force feed assistants to the next coach. Maybe they are keeping them so they can cut them late and leave them out there with no jobs available? Just kidding. We would have to have spiteful infants in our FO to conceive of something like that.

They didnt fire them yet either because of contract reasons... OR they wanted to give the new HC the choice of keeping them.. .

They didnt fire them yet either because of contract reasons... OR they wanted to give the new HC the choice of keeping them.. .

would you keep any of them--with the possible exception of westhoff? and of course BS if Marty is the pick.

Archived