How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

aec4

Have you played professional sports?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played professional sports?

Not sure I understand why aec felt the need to start this thread...but I'll use the logic that was thrown in my face...

"Just because I didn't play the game, doesn't mean that I can't be an informed observer with an opinion."

I did not play pro sports. Long story.

I have, however, been in several professional locker rooms in a couple of sports and regularly inside those of two division I football programs.

That said...I'm not going to criticize you. You're entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us. You could be entirely nuts...but that's a "you problem" not a "me problem". ;)

Not sure I understand why aec felt the need to start this thread...but I'll use the logic that was thrown in my face...

"Just because I didn't play the game, doesn't mean that I can't be an informed observer with an opinion."

I did not play pro sports. Long story.

I have, however, been in several professional locker rooms in a couple of sports and regularly inside those of two division I football programs.

That said...I'm not going to criticize you. You're entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us. You could be entirely nuts...but that's a "you problem" not a "me problem". ;)

Parcells was a linebacker at Wichita State. If that's significant, I fully expect a much better linebacker like Joey Porter to become a HOF coach after he retires. :bag:

Parcells was a linebacker at Wichita State. If that's significant, I fully expect a much better linebacker like Joey Porter to become a HOF coach after he retires. :bag:

HA! That's a funny thought. Of course, the way he runs his mouth...he reminds me of B. Cox who I think is hysterical as a coach. I wouldn't count on Joey being as good though...

No, it usually doesn't work that way. The better someone is at something, generally as a rule, the worse they are at coaching it. If you're great at something you don't really understand most of the things you need to teach someone else, a lot of it you do subconsciously or flat out do the wrong things and it works for you. You don't understand how it is to struggle and be forced to fine tune your technique to be successful.

I have learned a lot more in sports from people who I've easily beaten than those that have beat me. Hell, most people that are really good at something guard everything anyway, whereas the people that aren't so great are so much more willing to give away their secrets.

Also Sperm, did you hear Mangini's presser? It's gotten to Herm levels, you might want to take a look at it and give it the Herm treatment. It was really bad.

• 1 month later...