How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

aec4

Have you played professional sports?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played professional sports?

If a thread starter could delete his or her own thread, this would be one of them.

Aec will never live this thread down. It's classic and should remain on JN forever.

I actually have the ability to delete threads, and I let the "Wes Welker? Seriously?" thread continue. Not my best day.

I'm a real man.

• 2 months later...
your free game now for aec. just dont cry when he starts bumping up threads from your sketchy past. Lol...

I have been bumping this for months...

He can bump whatever he wants.. I never tooted my own horn like this... maybe I tooted Chad's horn like this though... lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was a lowly bench warmer, goalie, in the AHL (hockey).

The biggest difference in pro sports is the outside distractions (media/fans) and the business side. Morale and stress factors are similar to us, they're human too. If you haven't been in there, then you'll never fully understand it because you have to experience it. If ppl aren't pulling their weight then ppl will give up on them, from my experience. their performance affects everyone, why are we busting our ass when joe shmo is gonna lose it. I've been joe shmo before, and it's not a good feeling.

oh, and i can't speak for every team/sport, but it was weird playing with teammates that went home to their family and then back the next morning for "work." I didn't like playing with them so much, no enthusiasm.

It's a great atmosphere when teammates rally around each other and have fun outside of "work." We'd go out drinking and picking up beotches and we would joke around all the time. it was great. it translates and the jets have/had that.

I'm a former professional Dodgeball player. I even made it to the finals in 2004 before losing to that ******* average joe team. If you look on the internet you might be able to catch the ESPN 8 footage.

I was also an Olympic muff-diver. I know the Olympics are considered amateur but I am still gonna count it.

I crack myself up.

• 1 month later...