I didnt know teams played Prevent D the whole game!!!!

SouthernJet

WTF

This team is letting opposing offenses just have thier QB sit back in pocket, sip coffee, peruse 1st/2nd/3rd/4th WR options.

Any QB, and I mean any QB, can complete most passes if they have no pass ruch in thier face..

We f**kin play a Prevent D from the 1st quarter on..

Damn. Suttons calls come thru Mnaginis headset,,

Get some balls and play Man football..

I have NEVER seen a team let a QB have free reign more than thois seasons Jets

Yep. Rush 3, put everyone else in coverage, that is prevent no matter how you try to explain it away. We are so afraid of the big play that we would rather die a slow death. Our offensive philosophy is the same btw. We slowly go down the field if everything goes right and waste time. If it doesn't go right, we can't do much about it. The Titans just happened to have an off day and this worked on them. Also it helped that team always runs the ball and their recievers all drop passes anyway.

I can't believe people have defended these philosophies. They suck. Our WRs suck too, especially Coles. He should have been cut or traded. I'm sure the Fins would have sent us a pick.

Did you guys actually watch the game? They rushed four almost constantly and five a great deal of the time and got NO pressure whatsoever. They blitzed LBs and DBs with no success. That is not a prevent.

You complained because Herm would do the same thing all the time and now you complain because they don't blitz 7 on every play. It's ridiculous.

Did you guys actually watch the game? They rushed four almost constantly and five a great deal of the time and got NO pressure whatsoever. They blitzed LBs and DBs with no success. That is not a prevent.

You complained because Herm would do the same thing all the time and now you complain because they don't blitz 7 on every play. It's ridiculous.

1. Their blitz packages are GARBAGE. They are so basic that they wouldnt confuse a division III team.

2. When they do blitz, the f'ing corners and the LBs in coverage are playing 10 yards off the line allowing an easy pass for the QB and a good 5+ yards each time.

Its a conservative bullsh#t basic blitz package. And its complete F'ING SH#T. We look like a damn high school team out there, it is EMBARASSING.

1. Their blitz packages are GARBAGE. They are so basic that they wouldnt confuse a division III team.

2. When they do blitz, the f'ing corners and the LBs in coverage are playing 10 yards off the line allowing an easy pass for the QB and a good 5+ yards each time.

Its a conservative bullsh#t basic blitz package. And its complete F'ING SH#T. We look like a damn high school team out there, it is EMBARASSING.

I envy the Eagles and Giants...

Bull****. They blitzed DBs around the end and up the middle. They blitzed LBs around the outside and up the middle. They ran stunts where the DE pushed inside and an LB blitzed the end. They ran delayed blitzes, including sending an LB on the end and a delay up the middle. They were almost all picked right up, but that doesn't make them simple or basic "packages". Maybe these guys just aren't that good at rushing the passer. Ellis is the only one that has ever had any success one on one as a pass rusher.

Their problem today was that the DBs can't cover guys crossing and constantly jumped the same WR. They lay off because the LBs are DEs and blow in coverage and the CBs are pretty much dog slow.

It's not their lack of blitzing that kills them, it's how and when they do it. I've never once seen our DTs or Linbackers run a twist or god forbid run a ****in zone blitz ala dick lebeau. When we blitz more than half the time it was starting off the 3 man rush and then a delayed blitz from harris right up the middle who was easily picked up by the OG that wasn't engaged with Jenkins. Is it so hard to scheme a zone blitz to have an overload over the TE and Tackle spot so that there just isn't enough bodies to cover our blitzers?? Also, i want to see atleast a 4 man rush on 3rd and out. I would rather see 5 man rushes and possibly fluster the QB into making a tough throw.

Bull****. They blitzed DBs around the end and up the middle. They blitzed LBs around the outside and up the middle. They ran stunts where the DE pushed inside and an LB blitzed the end. They ran delayed blitzes, including sending an LB on the end and a delay up the middle. They were almost all picked right up, but that doesn't make them simple or basic "packages". Maybe these guys just aren't that good at rushing the passer. Ellis is the only one that has ever had any success one on one as a pass rusher.

Their problem today was that the DBs can't cover guys crossing and constantly jumped the same WR. They lay off because the LBs are DEs and blow in coverage and the CBs are pretty much dog slow.

Picked right up is correct. They arent confusing anybody. And its not like we have Victor Hobson and Mark Brown at LB. Blitz packages are designed for 1 of the guys to get a free path to the QB - its not working. This scheme is high school.

Picked right up is correct. They arent confusing anybody. And its not like we have Victor Hobson and Mark Brown at LB. Blitz packages are designed for 1 of the guys to get a free path to the QB - its not working. This scheme is high school.

Victor Hobson had two less career sacks than Pace coming into this season. These guys are not real pass rushers. They need a free path to get a sack. How much can you blitz when you can't cover?

There is no doubt in my mind that is Suttons fault. You're absolutely right that our schemes are very simple. The delayed blitzes are almost predictable and will always get picked up by the free OG, becuase he's not engaged with a Dlineman because we only rush 3 of them. There is not a doubt in my mind that our front 7 has more talent than the eagles..while i do like bunkley, cole and gocong, i beleive 100% that jim johnson makes them 5 times better. If we had any type of creative minds back there, we would be getting so much more out of our team. You know that johnson and the eagles will be pressuring the QB and getting to them no matter what personal they have....I'm sorry but we have the players, just not the schemes.

I was watching the Steelers defense play today. It must be ****ing awesome being a fan of that team!

I was thinking the same thing. I mean james harrison is possibly the DPOY, Woodley is a stud, polamalu plays with so much heart even after he got paid..it's just extremely impressive to watch. The momentum that they are able to give their offense cannot be underestimated either.

Archived