What's the upside?

ZachEY

When?

And I really hope it's not 'the greatest thing to happen in my life', as much as I'm obviously 'addicted' to this team, that wouldn't say much about my quality of life, I'd think.

I've always wondered what it's like when your team wins it all, but I'm pretty sure it won't match seeing my first born open her eyes for the first time and look right into mine

I've always wondered how long it takes before the thrill is gone after your team wins a title

a week ?

I'm a jets and knicks fan, so I'm in a pretty big draught

I kinda followed the rangers in '94, but I can't say I'm a fan, and I kinda followed the mets in '86 but I can't say I'm a fan

you only get to say your a fan if it hurts when the team loses, and it never hurt me when the rangers or mets lost, and I really stopped following them on a day to day basis a few years later

I'm a 41 year old championship virgin

The upside is that when the Jets finally do win the big one it will be that much sweeter for legit Jet fans who suffered with this franchise for their entire lives.

Seeing the 1994 Rangers win the cup was as great a sports moment NY has seen. Wait until the Jets finally do win one. Every ounce of suffering will be paid back with interest with the euphoria that our entire "legit" fanbase will experience.

I know this game is not the end of the world, but I was on the phone with my father afterward... he apologized for making me a Jet fan...

I'm wondering, what's the upside? We never win, we usually suck. Even when we think we're good, we're disappointed.

Seriously, I know I'm addicted or I wouldn't be posting here, but what is the upside of being a Jet fan? Why would anyone want to be one?

It's like going to the dentist, I feel like I have to do it, but I'm certainly never happy about it.

Any insights?

It's our curse...

But I think you gain respect from your peers by sticking with your team through thick & thin...well mostly thin. When they do finally get there it will be that much sweeter.

I just hope I'm alive to see it

I know this game is not the end of the world, but I was on the phone with my father afterward... he apologized for making me a Jet fan...

I'm wondering, what's the upside? We never win, we usually suck. Even when we think we're good, we're disappointed.

Seriously, I know I'm addicted or I wouldn't be posting here, but what is the upside of being a Jet fan? Why would anyone want to be one?

It's like going to the dentist, I feel like I have to do it, but I'm certainly never happy about it.

Any insights?

None. for 29 years the jets have been my main obsession. its about to end. not just because they always suck, but because the league has become too difficult to watch. i usually watch at least 2 games per week (and 4 or 5 weeks a year at least, i don't get to see jets games on tv) and the officiating has been sooo horrific. nothing short of embarassing. im not sure i see a point of watching anymore.

I just want to win while I am still lucid. I can see the future very clearly, with my 40 year old grandson yelling "grandpa, grandpa, the Jets finally won the SB", while I sit staring blankly into space with drool running down my chin and a semi liquid dump festering in my diaper.

Any insights?

The only one I can think of is hating the Patriots.

It really is a strange addiction. And I bet that they will win next week and reel us all back in.

We will all be behind the team and players... IM pretty sure a lot of people now share my opinion of Mangini and co regardless of what happens...

They better win the next 3 cause if they don`t beat MIAMI on that final sun. night we probably will not be in the playoffs this season ...

Probably? Understatement of the year.

I fully expect them to lose. And I'm embarrassed to be a Jets fan today.

They better win the next 3 cause if they don`t beat MIAMI on that final sun. night we probably will not be in the playoffs this season ...

Hello captain obvious!

Mangini is letting this team crumble... he is in way over his head... he is starting to rival Herm's inept coaching...

It really is a strange addiction. And I bet that they will win next week and reel us all back in.

Not me.

Like we say about the Holocaust....

Never again.

I will not be suckered into believing in this team again. If they get into the Championship game, I'll be optimistic again. Until then, they suck, and the wins are just bonuses.

Why??

Its unrealistic to go out and spend 170 Mil on FA's, including a totaly new QB and have it all come together in the first season.

And if we thought it was the players 'not knowing the system' then we'd have more peace.

But, when you think it's the system, you've got other issues.

Obviously we have some trouble with depth, and CBs not named Revis, but at the end of the day, I don't think any of our guys are put in the best position to succeed. And that's what makes us crazy.

We've been dominant on the ground, and we rarely run.

We had a great passrush, and we rarely blitz, and never disguise it when we do.

We all love pulling for the underdog its clear. The jets have and may always epitomise the word underdog,which is what makes us a crazy sleeper team that'll **** teams up and out of their playoff hopes on a regular basis...gotta stop now,getting emotional. Go Jets!

You could always be a Cardinals or Lions fan -- see how you feel then

At least they don't bother you, then. The Islanders have been virtually painless since the 80's because you know they're gonna suck.

The jets go 10-1 and lose 6 straight or have a 10-6 season with a new young coaching staff and then when you wait all year to get over the hump, 4-12, then they go and have a GREAT offseason and the come out 8-3, leading the division, then ....POOF! got you again suckas!!! SOJ's.

The Cardinals and Lions can't hold a candle to the jets when it comes to misery.We do it best!

Archived