Boxed into a corner- will we fight or drop out?

faba

We have put ourselves into a situation where we have to win last three games to win this division. Even with that it looks like a high seed in the playoffs is now gone- we are even behind Denver now since we lost to them even if we win the division. Will this staff and team show some grit and battle through it?

Drop out...dramatically. We lose the next three, no doubt. Does that even look like Brett Favre out there? We have all heard, seemingly endlessly, about his fire and will to win. Where the f**k was it yesterday? He looked lost, just like all the other CHOKERS on our team. Congrats, Brett. You become another in the long line of star athlete BUSTS once they have put on the Jets' uniform. Keep throwing the rock 40 yards down the field to no one. Clean the hunting rifle. There are only three games left.

Drop out...dramatically. We lose the next three, no doubt. Does that even look like Brett Favre out there? We have all heard, seemingly endlessly, about his fire and will to win. Where the f**k was it yesterday? He looked lost, just like all the other CHOKERS on our team. Congrats, Brett. You become another in the long line of star athlete BUSTS once they have put on the Jets' uniform. Keep throwing the rock 40 yards down the field to no one. Clean the hunting rifle. There are only three games left.

Either that or they will win out and crush us in grand Jets tradition by Losing to Chad in the Meadowlands.

Either that or they will win out and crush us in grand Jets tradition by Losing to Chad in the Meadowlands.

For the sake of my wife and son, I pray that this does not occur. I will, without a shred of exaggeration, destroy every aspect of my home and property. No question that I will either be arrested or committed to a federal prison for the criminally insane.

For the sake of my wife and son, I pray that this does not occur. I will, without a shred of exaggeration, destroy every aspect of my home and property. No question that I will either be arrested or committed to a federal prison for the criminally insane.

The last time the Jets lost in that fashion, I wound up on the floor staring at the ceiling for about an hour. I couldn't get up.. no lie.

And Chad will emerge victorious. Just a dash of extra salt in the wounds.

I dont think I could handle that, honestly... you know how much it took me to forget about him?

My Favorite JET of the last decade coming back to knock us out of the playoffs?

damn

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any way we win out. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Buffalo this week. Plus another trip to the West Coast where we play down to the level of the competition.

The biggest thing though is that this team still sems to be searching for an identity. By week 14, you should know whether you're a running team or a passing team. Does anyone know? And by the way, does anyone on this staff know the meaning of the word "adjustments" ?

I wish just once I wouldn't have to be writing this crap in the last month of the season.

I love this board but sometimes I think it's the worst place to be after a Jets loss. This place becomes Negativity Central.

I don't like this loss any more than you guys. But we are in a three way tie for the division and an automatic trip to the playoffs with two teams who have at least as many flaws as we do.

Miami has a good, smart QB but he's not as good as our guy, that's why we let him go. Plus, to throw to he has a second year guy only beginning to emerge, and three guys named Joe. He has two great running backs, but then I like our guys too, don't you? New England is trying to make do with a lightly regarded QB who is starting for the first time in his NFL career. He's done well, but he's not Brady. And the defense is getting old.

Now is not the time to do a fan El Foldo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any way we win out. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Buffalo this week. Plus another trip to the West Coast where we play down to the level of the competition.

The biggest thing though is that this team still sems to be searching for an identity. By week 14, you should know whether you're a running team or a passing team. Does anyone know? And by the way, does anyone on this staff know the meaning of the word "adjustments" ?

I wish just once I wouldn't have to be writing this crap in the last month of the season.

I was saying last night that the Jets seem to be the only team to come out the second half w/o adjustsments.. and play even worse, in fact.

I love this board but sometimes I think it's the worst place to be after a Jets loss. This place becomes Negativity Central.

I don't like this loss any more than you guys. But we are in a three way tie for the division and an automatic trip to the playoffs with two teams who have at least as many flaws as we do.

Miami has a good, smart QB but he's not as good as our guy, that's why we let him go. Plus, to throw to he has a second year guy only beginning to emerge, and three guys named Joe. He has two great running backs, but then I like our guys too, don't you? New England is trying to make do with a lightly regarded QB who is starting for the first time in his NFL career. He's done well, but he's not Brady. And the defense is getting old.

It's called venting.

Who else is going to understand the frustration?

PS Did you say "an automatic trip to the playoffs"????

haha

You should see what hammer is posting!!!!

Unfortunately, I have no faith in this team....they ripped the passion right out of me yesterday with their LACK of passion

I'm right there with ya. If they announced tomorrow that the team would be moving to LA...I'd feel relieved. Let off the hook in fact.

I almost wish they'd just change their name to the New Jersey Jets.

The last time the Jets lost in that fashion, I wound up on the floor staring at the ceiling for about an hour. I couldn't get up.. no lie.

A little insight into my life as a Jet fan: Lately, my wife can't watch in the same room as me because I am screaming, cursing, or otherwise losing it. I don't ever remember feeling this out of control or hopeless regarding our team, and I've sat through every mess you can imagine since the mid-60s. We have talent that many other NFL teams would kill to possess. Why are they playing like garbage against teams like the Niners, Raiders, or Denver? Don't forget, they almost choked ones away to the Chiefs and Arizona, too.

A little insight into my life as a Jet fan: Lately, my wife can't watch in the same room as me because I am screaming, cursing, or otherwise losing it. I don't ever remember feeling this out of control or hopeless regarding our team, and I've sat through every mess you can imagine since the mid-60s. We have talent that many other NFL teams would kill to possess. Why are they playing like garbage against teams like the Niners, Raiders, or Denver? Don't forget, they almost choked ones away to the Chiefs and Arizona, too.

At least you're a dude.. you're allowed to lose it.

i am in the doghouse as well

too many phucks came out of my mouth and my son turned me in

now i miss my monthly rolll in the hay!!!

This is a good thing, son. After venting on this board, I am finally starting to feel better after yesterday's loss, which left me feeling like I got punched in the gut. What, you feel good after the last two colossal chokes against teams we should have beaten? You like how the coaches game planned against inferior teams? Or how they executed the game plan and adapted during the game? Don't accept the PC bulls**t that every thing is "peachy", or that "we just need to go in there this week at practice and fix aspects of all three phases", as Mandunce keeps shoving down our throats. Hey, F-Face , Mandunce, bust a blackboard with a helmet once in a while. Fire your team up. Anything. Please.

I dont think I could handle that, honestly... you know how much it took me to forget about him?

My Favorite JET of the last decade coming back to knock us out of the playoffs?

damn

Where is the Chad Pennington username?

Now he's your favorite Jet again?

Holy fck ecurb, I like you man, but are you blackout in disguise?

Boru

You, just like me bought in again

They will also deliver your heart on a platter soon enough

I hate that you're right, Jon. Have you noticed over the years that once the Jets win a couple of games in a row, everyone and their mother starts booking rooms for the Super Bowl? Inevitably, we go on to lose a bunch of games and get boned again. Unfortunately, you're correct about the heart on a plater, too. F**K!

Where is the Chad Pennington username?

Now he's your favorite Jet again?

Holy fck ecurb, I like you man, but are you blackout in disguise?

He is not my favorite JET now... thats why I said it took me a while to get over him... lol I am OVER HIM... hate his guts right now..

We all know I liked him while he was here though and it would hurt alot to see him knock the JETS out of the playoffs... I said all along they should have held onto him and cut Clemens... they let the enemy get him and its going to come back and hurt them...

I hate that you're right, Jon. Have you noticed over the years that once the Jets win a couple of games in a row, everyone and their mother starts booking rooms for the Super Bowl? Inevitably, we go on to lose a bunch of games and get boned again. Unfortunately, you're correct about the heart on a plater, too. F**K!

If only we had more asian Flight Crew members.

i am in the doghouse as well

too many phucks came out of my mouth and my son turned me in

now i miss my monthly rolll in the hay!!![/QUOTE]

That's "funny", afo. I missed my appointment with destiny--my pet name for her "special place"--because she was pissed at my antics. I kept picking stupid little arguments after the game, including a well timed utterance of the phrase "will you please stop talking", which really cemented (literally and figuratively) my chances for the Sunday night pound fest.

Archived