Finals week

Jets Babe

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This blows....2 finals today and 2 more later on this week. Gotta love college. Just took an adderol, ready to go.

Who else has finals?

I got marketing and managerial accounting today.

I have a final on Thursday night for the financial analysis graduate course I am taking. the way things have been going lately I expect a killer test.

I have a final on Thursday night for the financial analysis graduate course I am taking. the way things have been going lately I expect a killer test.

monday finals are awful, i had so much to do this weekend...including work. wish i had the finals later.

I got finals this week too. Have to hand in a paper today and take a joke of a final on Thursday. But I might get to take it tomorrow and get it over with. Probably my easiest week of finals so far. Being a communications major is a joke.

EDIT: IT GETS EVEN BETTER

Just got an email from my professor, right after posting this. Heres part of it.

You've worked very hard this semester and my gift to you is no final exam!

You'll receive full credit (100 points) for that portion of your overall

course grade.

The whole class got that email, not just me.

I got finals this week too. Have to hand in a paper today and take a joke of a final on Thursday. But I might get to take it tomorrow and get it over with. Probably my easiest week of finals so far. Being a communications major is a joke.

EDIT: IT GETS EVEN BETTER

Just got an email from my professor, right after posting this. Heres part of it.

The whole class got that email, not just me.

wow, you suck. they call UCF "u can't finish" for a reason. classes are so effing hard. my marketing final study guide is 50 pages.

wow, you suck. they call UCF "u can't finish" for a reason. classes are so effing hard. my marketing final study guide is 50 pages.

Haha, that sucks.

Our Communications school is a joke compared to our Business school. I got a couple of buddies that are accounting majors, I hardly see them. And when they do go out they can't help but talk about there tests and projects. Losers.

Being a communications major is a joke.

1) Communication is not a joke. I was a COM major in undergrad and I learned a lot. That said, there are fringe benefits, like classes with no exams, and classes with no textbook...

2) Your prof. is a lazy mofo. Where do you go to school?

It's the Harvard of Florida! :rolleyes:

dam you tryin to be a big time lawyer or a FBI agent?

I'm trying to get paid. Not sure the "big time" aspect is much of a concern, but definitely not an FBI agent (unless they would let me investigate some X-Files).

1) Communication is not a joke. I was a COM major in undergrad and I learned a lot. That said, there are fringe benefits, like classes with no exams, and classes with no textbook...

2) Your prof. is a lazy mofo. Where do you go to school?

It's the Harvard of Florida! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to get paid. Not sure the "big time" aspect is much of a concern, but definitely not an FBI agent (unless they would let me investigate some X-Files).

LOL, not the harvard of forida at all...but the professors are dicks and like to make exams hard in the "filter classes". accounting and marketing are filter classes for the college of business. if you can't pass these, you can't get into the college of business...there's limited room in it, and they're trying to cut back on admissions.

I'm in high school and my average study guide for tests is ~20 pages, so that's not too bad. Schools can be markedly harder, but humans can get used to anything, so just hang in there and it won't be so bad next year or so. But who am I to give advice? :lol:

Oh, and no finals for me until the end of the year. Some teachers just leave it on "everything", so that's studying 9 study guides for the 9 tests throughout the year=180 pages, reread notes, and a bit of other stuff. Not too bad, if you prepare beforehand and are an insomniac. Granted, that's the problem with only having one final all year.

I'm in high school and my average study guide for tests is ~20 pages, so that's not too bad. Schools can be markedly harder, but humans can get used to anything, so just hang in there and it won't be so bad next year or so. But who am I to give advice? :lol:

Oh, and no finals for me until the end of the year. Some teachers just leave it on "everything", so that's studying 9 study guides for the 9 tests throughout the year=180 pages, reread notes, and a bit of other stuff. Not too bad, if you prepare beforehand and are an insomniac. Granted, that's the problem with only having one final all year.

Dude, High School is easy.

Dude, High School is easy.

Once you get used to it. Bergen Jet can verify this, but I can readily say my school is much harder than the average high school.*

I'm not trying for the sympathy thing here or anything, but those many pages for a study guide just doesn't seem too daunting. I'm used to my school now, anybody can get used to anything, so I don't mind it, and wouldn't really prefer my school being any other way. I like being challenged. :)

I thought College was harder....and not because of the work. It was a lack of self dicipline and a fake ID. I perfected the art of cramming for finals, man. I don't miss Finals week one bit.

Good luck with your exams, folks!

I've got an Intro to Healthcare final tonight, an Intro to Internet Research final due online tonight, a Liberal Arts I final Tuesday morning and then a Business Communication final Tuesday afternoon followed by a Creative Writing I Final Paper due Wednesday night (which I haven't started on).

It's sounds like alot but the only one worth studying for is my Liberal Arts final, I need a 58 on it to pass the class.

Jesus, it's a state college in Florida... it can't be that hard.

I took a class over the summer once where there were 27 students and only 3 passed... I was never so ecstatic to get a C+ in my life. The professor was fair though - if he failed you, he gave you a chance to come to his office and sit and talk with him. If you could convince him that you deserved to pass by answering the questions/problems he gave you, he would oblige. I think he said it happened once in 30+ years of teaching.

Once you get used to it. Bergen Jet can verify this, but I can readily say my school is much harder than the average high school.*

I'm not trying for the sympathy thing here or anything, but those many pages for a study guide just doesn't seem too daunting. I'm used to my school now, anybody can get used to anything, so I don't mind it, and wouldn't really prefer my school being any other way. I like being challenged. :)

DeVry-logo_01.jpg

Do you get to keep the tool box even if you fail?

Archived