LEGREE is signed....NYJETS.COM

spjets

Blaylock and Legree Sign, Gash Added to the Coaching Staff

The New York Jets announced Friday the signing of RB Derrick Blaylock and DL Lance Legree. The Club also announced and the hiring of Sam Gash as the Club

Blaylock and Legree Sign, Gash Added to the Coaching Staff

The New York Jets announced Friday the signing of RB Derrick Blaylock and DL Lance Legree. The Club also announced and the hiring of Sam Gash as the Club

The four-year veteran totaled 116 tackles, including 73 solo, six sacks, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries in the 60 games he played with the Giants.

I think LeGree is an undrafted player from ND...smallish DT, who's best season was 2004 (22 tackles and 2 sacks)...Sounds like a backup type, at best...But the money he got from the Jets could dictate if he gets a chance to start.

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Lance Legree

Position: Defensive Tackle

Grade: 64 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Legree has adequate size, shows good power and flashes the ability to hold his ground at the point of attack. Possesses adequate quickness and shows the ability to get into position. Plays with great intensity, never gives up on a play and is constantly working to get to the ball. Shows good recognition skills, shows good overall football intelligence and appears to know where blocks are coming from. However, Legree isn't dominant in any one area and he lacks ideal size. Tends to play too high, lets the offensive lineman get into his body and he gets pushed around too much. Absorbs too many blocks, does not show the ability to disengage blocks quickly, lacks the ability to anchor against double teams and struggled when teams run directly at him. Overall Legree is a situational run stuffer that relies on his quickness and competitiveness to get the job done but he lacks ideal bulk for the role and he isn't going to make many big plays.

Legree is strictly a guy to fill in for short periods at a time- I have watched number of Giant games he hustles and plays hard from what I can tell but strictly backup material IMO

denny mercin had to have recommended this cat since he coached him - that's good enough for me

remember folks we need rotational guys not all-pros

I don't think we have seen the last of Josh Evans either.

denny mercin had to have recommended this cat since he coached him - that's good enough for me

remember folks we need rotational guys not all-pros

Well if that is true then this signing is fine with me.

Here's what you'll get out of Legree: He plays crazy hard and is pretty stout. He's one of those guys who you root for because, when he gets his chances, he flashes at times. Like, all of a sudden you'll see a hole open up and then, boom Legree closes it with his hustle. However, he is not great by any stretch, and I'm not sure if he's the guy you want to hold the fort for a year. IMO, if the Jets don't go and get a 340-lber somewhere, they are still in serious trouble.

Did you ever think you'd see the day when you needed guys that huge? Damn.

I know, Bob! I remember freaking out when I met Ray Childress. I used to think he was the hugest guy in the world, and he was only about 280. We're moving into an area where we're 100 pounds past that. Just sick.

Here's what you'll get out of Legree: He plays crazy hard and is pretty stout. He's one of those guys who you root for because, when he gets his chances, he flashes at times. Like, all of a sudden you'll see a hole open up and then, boom Legree closes it with his hustle. However, he is not great by any stretch, and I'm not sure if he's the guy you want to hold the fort for a year.

TS, are stealing from me? That's my standard scouting report for every white DT in the NFL that is a backup :lol:

Since LeGree doesn't fit that group, it sounds like your describing Bernard Holsey :twisted:

TS, are stealing from me? That's my standard scouting report for every white DT in the NFL that is a backup :lol:

Since LeGree doesn't fit that group, it sounds like your describing Bernard Holsey :twisted:

:lol: Rigs, I steal from you as much as possible. That's why I give you the impression that I know what I'm talking about. :lol:

IMO, if the Jets don't go and get a 340-lber somewhere, they are still in serious trouble.

not so sure about that - they already have DRob and 2 all pro ends - they could start santa claus at that other DT spot and still be competitive

Garb, please tell us more about what it means to play with Gash, if you don't mind.

Why don't you ask CuMart - he's the one that played with him.

I suspect it's the same sort of way you play with yourself - alone, but with a lot of imagination.

Why don't you ask CuMart - he's the one that played with him.

I suspect it's the same sort of way you play with yourself - alone, but with a lot of imagination.

Oh come on, it doesn't take TOO much imagination. Well, not anymore since I've seen your picture.

A shrimp LB and now a shrimp D-Lineman?

You're trying to hard. This is what I want you to do, take a break, anywhere from a week to say....forever and upon your return (or hopeful non-return) you will have much better material then this weak crap.

Archived