Question:What You Give Up To Bring Either Rex Ryan or Dick LeBeau To NY

jetfan718

just wanted to know what some of ya'll would do if you were in the front office and watched:character42: as you defense continuously played like a bunch of marsh mellows...would you give up a draft pick, trade a player etc...just wanted to know what ya'll thought because i'm tired of watching this defense and their lack of creativity and seeing other teams with similar schemes generate pressure on opposing QB's seemingly at will...

I've already given my life, the wife my sister, my daughter and son and the rest of my family...I've made them all miserable like me. That's enough. You could dig up Vince Lombardi and he couldn't win with this franchise...Joe Namath said, let me win this one game and you can screw this team forever...I believe it!

He's an excellent DC but failed as HC with the bungles...

I assumed this was a DC thread

if it is a HC thread I agree, I agree I don't like retreads, I'd interview westhoff, callahan, and call all NFL 3-4 teams for permission to speak to the DC's who aren't retreads

Rob Ryan is the one that they wanted. I'm pretty sure his contract is up after this season and both he and the Mangini have been trying to get him here as DC in '06 and this off-season. Everybody knew that Sutton was only a placeholder. Ryan hasn't been so great with the Raiders, but most people give everybody involved with that dysfunctional mess a pass, so why not him?

I assumed this was a DC thread

if it is a HC thread I agree, I agree I don't like retreads, I'd interview westhoff, callahan, and call all NFL 3-4 teams for permission to speak to the DC's who aren't retreads

Oh OK gotcha.

One thing to remember about LeBeau though is that he has a boat load of veteran players on his D that have YEARS of experience with the system in place. Hell i haven't always been a big LeBeau fan, myself either. I think coach Tomlin forced him to rush the LB's more and let Troy P roam the secondary more sometime over the last off-season. I have no way of confirming that, but it has always been LeBeau's pet project to keep Troy close to the box alot. Well this year Troy is in the secondary, where he belongs, alot more and Harrison and Woodley are getting after the QB alot.

Archived