Sabathia is a Yankee - MERGED

Barton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. Who wouldn't want to take the least time possible before making a life-changing decision?

He wants to make sure everything is right for him and his family. It's not all about money.

You mean money can't buy everything? <--- Rhetorical question. We already learned the answer over the last 8 years.

Yeah. Who wouldn't want to take the least time possible before making a life-changing decision?

He wants to make sure everything is right for him and his family. It's not all about money.

Doesnt take a month to make sure everything is right, sorry. 1 week, 2 tops. Right now its just ridiculous. I give him till end of this week and then I pull the offer.

CC has supposedly signed.

Interesting to see how earlier in this thread anti CC comments will be explained.:)

CC-Wang-Joba is a nice start to the rotation. Great signing.

Yankee fans are not allowed to have opinions I guess. I hope he proves me and those of us that didn't agree with the signing wrong. I still want them to bring Peavy over.

I can live with the Yankees getting CC but I'm not a fan of the amount of money it's going to take to get one guy who has been great at times but a far cry from the greatest pitcher of all time, and that's how he's being paid.

I guess this is a good deal.

I have never been a huge Sabathia fan. And you found out today that he is all about the money. Nothing more, nothing less.

If he really did not want to come here he would have taken less.

He went for the money so he better perform or the fans are going to eat him alive.

That is unless he eats them first. :D

Well, it's going to be interesting to see how he adapts to the big city lights. As a Yankee fan, I'm not thrilled that it took this long. Everyone and their mother knew he was waiting to see what interest he could drum up from the west coast teams. Any Yankees fan is crazy not to believe it was all about the money in the end.

99% of the time, it's about the money, but this is just so freaking obvious.

Well, it's going to be interesting to see how he adapts to the big city lights. As a Yankee fan, I'm not thrilled that it took this long. Everyone and their mother knew he was waiting to see what interest he could drum up from the west coast teams. Any Yankees fan is crazy not to believe it was all about the money in the end.

99% of the time, it's about the money, but this is just so freaking obvious.

You have to question his desire to play in New York- a month this offer was on the table waiting- the Yanks begging him to sign.

Listening to Boomer & Carton on WFAN and John Haymin is reporting to them from Florida and in two minutes they are going to reveal two things:

1. The Yankees are about to sign another FA pitcher

AND

2. Sabathia is getting MORE than $140 million. Much more.

I'll post it in the next 5 minutes when they announce it.

This season's biggest free agent, CC Sabathia, has picked the New York Yankees , the 'New York Post' reported early Wednesday morning. The left-hander has agreed to a deal worth at least $140 million over six years, the 'Post' said, the most lucrative contract for a pitcher in baseball history.mlb_news?d=41 mlb_news?i=7B99DMbZ mlb_news?i=xYnRbmew mlb_news?d=52

fi1mKvmEmso

More...

Archived