Sign in to follow this  
Barton

Sabathia is a Yankee - MERGED

Who will cause a greater increase on the Yankees' catering bills?

Sabathia or Chamberlain?

Neither, Sterling's fingers take the cake! :rim:

Nice, just find a David Wells picture and make him darker lol.

That was pretty much the process. The only tough part was changing the color of the hat(blue Indians hat with a red brim) and putting on the greatest logo in the world.

That was pretty much the process. The only tough part was changing the color of the hat(blue Indians hat with a red brim) and putting on the greatest logo in the world.

It looks pretty good. Goddamn I really want Burnett.

It looks pretty good. Goddamn I really want Burnett.

I'd take anyone man. At this point, whatever its not my money. If we get em all, they can't all get hurt. Can they?

I'd take anyone man. At this point, whatever its not my money. If we get em all, they can't all get hurt. Can they?

Lol technically they can. I just don't get all the hate. We got the resources, why not get em because we need the help. The Mets got what they needed. I still haven't lost hope on Hughes to be honest.

Lol technically they can. I just don't get all the hate. We got the resources, why not get em because we need the help. The Mets got what they needed. I still haven't lost hope on Hughes to be honest.

I lost faith in Hughes when he said he couldn't see good in Yankee Stadium.

I lost faith in Hughes when he said he couldn't see good in Yankee Stadium.

We got a new stadium :)

Honestly I can't give up on him, I think he has the stuff to get the job done. I've come down off the fact that he might not be a Beckett style ace but I think you put him in a line up with CC, Wang and Joba and he can be better then most teams #4 starters. He's till ridiculously young. Kennedy I think just doesn't have the mental fortitude to make it with the Yankees. I hope Girardi can bring up his value somehow.

We got a new stadium :)

Honestly I can't give up on him, I think he has the stuff to get the job done. I've come down off the fact that he might not be a Beckett style ace but I think you put him in a line up with CC, Wang and Joba and he can be better then most teams #4 starters. He's till ridiculously young. Kennedy I think just doesn't have the mental fortitude to make it with the Yankees. I hope Girardi can bring up his value somehow.

I hope your right.

I'm getting to the age where I'm the same age or even older then some of these guys, and its crazy.

I hope your right.

I'm getting to the age where I'm the same age or even older then some of these guys, and its crazy.

Lol I'm 26. It blows me away guys just 4-5 years younger then me are such physical freaks their pro ball players.

Interesting. You would think he would be more concerned with his collection of choking dogs than the Yankees.

lol.....yeah that's why you're themain idiot posting in the "yanks one-up the mets" thread. typical yankees fan idiot. now i bet you're ready to suck cc's fat **** since he signed....

lol.....yeah that's why you're themain idiot posting in the "yanks one-up the mets" thread. typical yankees fan idiot. now i bet you're ready to suck cc's fat **** since he signed....

A day after their fandom was calling for the Yankees to draw a line in the sand with a take it or leave it ultimatum.

Apparently they did and they gave him an out and an extra 21 million. What are the odds he does the out in 3 years to hold the Yankees hostage?

Good move though. They needed him and could not let him leaver due to money.

I am happy with this because apparently the Yankees insisted upon a weight clause. If at any time Sabathia shows up and is OVER 375 pounds, the Yankees can fine him.

Good move. He has proven to pitch best when he is in the 367 lb range.

A day after their fandom was calling for the Yankees to draw a line in the sand with a take it or leave it ultimatum.

Apparently they did and they gave him an out and an extra 21 million. What are the odds he does the out in 3 years to hold the Yankees hostage?

Actually I'm kinda happy with the out clause.... I mean... These long term deals rarely work out. So if he really blows, we boo him for 3 years and I'm sure he'd opt out.

Anyways, I'm still not over the moon but it was a need and Cashman went out and worked at getting it done.

Actually I'm kinda happy with the out clause.... I mean... These long term deals rarely work out. So if he really blows, we boo him for 3 years and I'm sure he'd opt out.

Anyways, I'm still not over the moon but it was a need and Cashman went out and worked at getting it done.

he won't blow for 3 years......guy is a good pitcher.

Part of me hope he is a money pitcher, ups his own value with the Yankees... then goes somewhere else for more money :yes:

I mean between Kevin Brown, Wright, and Pavano I'm not a fan of long term deals for pitchers. Moose was the only one that worked out for us. Pedro gave you a few good years and Santana will give some good ones, the end of those contracts I think all baseball fans know what to expect... nothing.

I am happy with this because apparently the Yankees insisted upon a weight clause. If at any time Sabathia shows up and is OVER 375 pounds, the Yankees can fine him.

Good move. He has proven to pitch best when he is in the 367 lb range.

:shock: Wow he IS a big boy isn't he ?

He is a tremendous innings eater . The Brewers got their money's worth out of him for sure.

He's an innings eater, and a warrior who proved his worth this season

He didn't want to play in NY.....but hey, neither did alot of guys until they got there

Good day for the Yanks

Absolutely.

Yanks needed a stud at the top of the rotation-only thing to worry about is his conditioning and years in the contract. Also as a Yankee fan which I am not I still would be pissed at him for seemingly not wanting to come to New York in the first place.

Yanks needed a stud at the top of the rotation-only thing to worry about is his conditioning and years in the contract. Also as a Yankee fan which I am not I still would be pissed at him for seemingly not wanting to come to New York in the first place.

I'm still irritated, which is why I'm not over the moon with him. As for his conditioning that is why I'm praying that he is a stud for 3 years, and wants more money so opts out. We should get those solid years in those 3.

Dude -- personal attacks not cool.

Weren't you banned once before for fighting with people? Knock off the personal attacks.

All this time I thought it was because of how humorless it was when he tried to be funny...

Its a player option. If he blows for 3 years, there's no way he opts out and leave 100 million on the table.

Remember when Hal set a "deadline" for CC to take 140 for 6. We all laughed at him. I guess he proved us wrong, that offer was off the table at approximately 6AM yesterday morning. Good going.

Let's see how Captain Cheeseburger does.......

Holy christ can you go 1 post without making a fat joke about him? I've just been reading through the thread and it really stopped being funny before the first joke. Jesus.

Anyway great signing for the Yanks. Tons of money but they can afford it.

Who will cause a greater increase on the Yankees' catering bills?

Sabathia or Chamberlain?

LOL OMG HE'S FAT!? I TOTALLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!

This thread gets a grade of EPIC FAIL for complete lack of originality.

Hey guys, I don't know if you noticed... but CC is kinda overweight. We should all laugh at him for it.