Why Did Matt Jones' Suspension Take So Long?

The Gun Of Bavaria

Doesn't anyone else find it the least bit strange that the NFL waited to suspend Jones until the Jags season was without question, dead as disco?

Nice job NFL...suspend him for 3 meaningless games late the year.

The NFL is so inconsistent with their punishments and the applications thereof, it's appalling.

So is Jared Allen. Goodell dealt with him swiftly last season. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2851494

(BTW - I'm black)

It was a joke. Just wanted to beat people to the punch that it was because he's white.

Jones suspension took so long because they had to wait for the case to be settled, he appealed the suspension and the NFL was involved with something else a lot bigger.

any1 else notice that dude was like a pariah on that team until he got caught with coke? he was known as soft, a punk etc. as soon as he gets arrested he becomes a legit target.

it wouldn't surprise me if he did it on purpose just to increase his street cred.

any1 else notice that dude was like a pariah on that team until he got caught with coke? he was known as soft, a punk etc. as soon as he gets arrested he becomes a legit target.

it wouldn't surprise me if he did it on purpose just to increase his street cred.

Or he finally grew up after stepping on his d!ck.

Archived