Where's the Jets player that will scream at his teamamtes?

Fishooked

Maybe it's me, but I don't read scream as being solely negative.

Other then the aec4, does anyone else think that bringing emotion to a team is a bad thing?

Yea I feel the same way. Maybe it's because I am a very passionate/fiery person when it comes to competition. And I didn't always just show that in the locker room. I'd go out there and play with all that anger and take it out on the other team, lay a hit, talk smack, draw penalties, whatever. Getting in people's faces requires a certain sort of "credit" established.

This team is just devoid of passion. Their all business. They play a game for a living for the love of god, just show that you care, please. I know it's your job but when we as fans pour our hearts and soul into this team by watching, buying jersey's, going to games... we just want to see the same on the field.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not laughable. Who are we going to add at WR or DB at this point in the season? No one. We can't change the personnel, at this point time we need someone to light a fire under the ass of the players.

Will lighting a fire under their ass make them run faster? If so do it, if not it's another pointless exercise in fan frustration.

I don't think it's bad, but it's not necessarily good. I find the idea that emotion is what the team lacks laughable. They weren't emotional when they knocked off the Pats and Titans on the road. Speed in the back 8 on D and at WR is what this team lacks and all the screaming and emotion in the world isn't going to change that. Maybe scheme can hide it. Maybe.

So then why are fans called the 12th men? Why is there a homefield advantage and a big deal made out of scoring first on the road? The players feed off of the fans..

Nobody is suggesting that "emotion" is a tonic that will cure all that ails this team, we're just saying that some intensity could only help

Athletic performance isn't robotic, particularly football, it's effected by chemistry, confidence, intensity, desire etc..

Guess you really had nothing left to contribute, but you wanted to hear your voice (or see your text in this case), huh?

No, I was 100% serious. Being that I only played high school ball and was accustomed to getting yelled at by my coaches, I was curious if those techniques were used and, if so, were successful at the professional level.

Will lighting a fire under their ass make them run faster? If so do it, if not it's another pointless exercise in fan frustration.

Mangini is the type of coach that sucks the wind out of players... they play scared of how he will criticize them on Tuesday...

Getting pumped up and into the game makes the players feel like you are behind them 100% and they can play their game without looking over their shoulder...

These guys are so scared of making mistakes they cant make plays...

When Cassell or Big Ben or Peyton Manning throw an INT... the HC pats them on the back and says lets get em next drive...

Mangini cringes and gives them the cold shoulder...

This team is just devoid of passion. Their all business. They play a game for a living for the love of god, just show that you care, please. I know it's your job but when we as fans pour our hearts and soul into this team by watching, buying jersey's, going to games... we just want to see the same on the field.

Pretty much it.

I'm saying we need some blowhard player popping off at every little thing that goes wrong in a football game. But I would like to see a little fire out of these guys when they need a stop or need that extra yard.

Right now the only fiery person I see on this team, staff and all, is Westhoff.

No, I was 100% serious. Being that I only played high school ball and was accustomed to getting yelled at by my coaches, I was curious if those techniques were used and, if so, were successful at the professional level.

When I played Ice Hockey in 7th grade they worked...

No, but getting the players to play with passion will bring out the very best in the team, not the average.

Yup, it's called pushing the buttons. There's clear differences in teams with certain coaches. And honestly part of that is contingent on the management making the right choices for the team. I mean hell, I know Atlanta has made good signings/draft picks but you CANNOT deny what Smith has done for that team. And how BAD were those guys last year? This team looks tired of Mangini's act and it just shows to me.

Archived