if you've paid attention, the turning point...

sirlancemehlot

I usually try to keep it fun and upbeat, but honestly there was a moment in the season where I cringed, thinking a huge mistake was being made. I referenced that moment and let it go, because I found no humor in it. So now I'm wondering, nearly a month later, if anyone here agrees that the turning point ocurred not during a game or practice...but in the downtime. Following the elation of handily beating the Pats and undefeated Titans--Mangini gave this team FIVE FULL DAYS OFF. Parcells or belly would have done three tops. But Mangini decided that this team, a hot team clicking on all cylinders, should abstain from football practice in the middle of the season and just kick back for nearly a week. The next two games were then poorly executed and poorly managed. We haven't been the same team since. Mangini dumped icewater on a fire and let his team go soft. Ellis, Pace and Thomas have throttled down. Favre is out of sync. The team is now questioning it's own ability. Swagger is gone. Momentum is gone. And us fans are heartbroken once again. Go Jets.

I think the turning point was when teams realized they don't need to tape our defensive signals to know what we're doing on every single play. Oh and halftime of every game where the other team goes in and makes adjustments and our coaching staff...... well I have no idea what they do at halftime maybe order out for Chinese.

I think the turning point was when teams realized they don't need to tape our defensive signals to know what we're doing on every single play. Oh and halftime of every game where the other team goes in and makes adjustments and our coaching staff...... well I have no idea what they do at halftime maybe order out for Chinese.

Why does everybody think teams are making these adjustments and killing us after halftime? The biggest problem is the scores they are giving up to end the first half. I think they've done it the last 4 weeks.

I usually try to keep it fun and upbeat, but honestly there was a moment in the season where I cringed, thinking a huge mistake was being made. I referenced that moment and let it go, because I found no humor in it. So now I'm wondering, nearly a month later, if anyone here agrees that the turning point ocurred not during a game or practice...but in the downtime. Following the elation of handily beating the Pats and undefeated Titans--Mangini gave this team FIVE FULL DAYS OFF. Parcells or belly would have done three tops. But Mangini decided that this team, a hot team clicking on all cylinders, should abstain from football practice in the middle of the season and just kick back for nearly a week. The next two games were then poorly executed and poorly managed. We haven't been the same team since. Mangini dumped icewater on a fire and let his team go soft. Ellis, Pace and Thomas have throttled down. Favre is out of sync. The team is now questioning it's own ability. Swagger is gone. Momentum is gone. And us fans are heartbroken once again. Go Jets.

After this observation, the only person who didn't pay attention was you.

I can't say i remember that but to me, the turning point was when Parcells stepped down and that s#$mbag BB hightailed to NE. We ended with Al"Go Virginia" Groh, and so on....

From Joe Walton on, we've been the exact same conservative, crap offense team.Coslett then kicked off the sieve defense and the only break in the action was 97,98 under tuna 97, rebuilt from 1 win to 9 then the "Vinny and the jets" year, since then ,clowns

take out tuna we have......Walton, Kotite,Carroll,Coslett,Groh,Herm, and Mangini, holy crap!!!! Yes the turning point was when BB ran out of town and Woody did nothing but hire rookie head coaches.Is that his philosophy, give a guy a shot, what the heck!

Huh??? The Jets beat NE in a dogfight to win by 3 points. Handily?? No. A flip of the coin decided that game because the Jets defense was gassed.

The Titans was a good win, but Kerry Collins is a terrible QB.Tenn is not going to win anything with him at QB, because eventually you have to be successful passing the ball or your team is 1 dimensional.

When Herm and KC went into the Meadowlands and gave the Jets everything they could handle, well that was an eye opener for me. I didnt realize just how bad the Jets pass D was until I saw Thigpen run the spread like Tom Brady.

Something else is that Mangini has told Favre to tone it down on the risky passes. Favre has played his entire career throwing caution to the wind and letting it rip.

Okay, yeah, I screwed the pooch on this one. The long break followed the Pats game, not the Tenn. Game. I believe the gameplan of this post was sound, I just didn't execute. So now I believe it's time for some mid-thread adjustments. I am now appointing Jbro22 as post fact-checker and AEC4 as color-commentator and spin-doctor. Dick Curl will be watching the clock. I feel this is still a talented post that simply looked too far ahead to post of the week, rather than concentrating on the point at-hand. Also, Calvin Pace is underperforming. This mistake has got be his fault somehow.

the turning point to me happened when the refs screwed up Cotchery's "fumble" call in the Broncos game. they didn't let Mangini challenge it- you can challenge possession, you can challenge whether the player was down, what part of this couldn't you challenge? That game had the worst condiditions I've ever sat through and we've been playing from behind (mentally) ever since.

Archived