Getting picked apart by JP Loserman

BP

Is a very good possibility this coming Sunday if we try to drop anymore guys back in coverage. I know, maybe we should try rushing 1 lineman and dropping 10 guys in coverage.

Please Mangini/Sutton, for the love of god. take the skirts off and be aggressive. the pacifist 3-4 isn't working and is exhausting our Defense at half time.

The should think about running a 1 - 1 - 9

Jenkins can be the one DL and nobody will try to run if they see him out there.

Harris can cover the middle of the field and all the other linebackers can take a seat on the bench.

Then throw 9 Hank Poteat's out there to defend the pass.

Harris can cover the middle of the field and all the other linebackers can take a seat on the bench.

And don't jam the receivers, give them a nice 5 yard cushion off the LOS.

I might jump on the field if I see that on Sunday. :evil2:

Not jamming the receivers at the L.O.S. is the reason Issac Bruce was picking us apart. He was usually given 10 yards to roam and San Francisco was beating us with the short, quick slants. One side of the field the receiver was being jammed, the other he was given 10 yards cushion. WTF is that? Do one or the other, don't do one thing on each side.

We need to be sending 5 or 6 guys, pressuring the Quarterback and showing some kind of trust in our secondary. In one side you have Darrelle Revis who aside from the 49er game has been a Top 5 Cornerback this season and on the other side you just have to hope and pray they don't fold like a lawn chair whether its Law, Poteat, Barrett or Lowery.

Not jamming the receivers at the L.O.S. is the reason Issac Bruce was picking us apart. He was usually given 10 yards to roam and San Francisco was beating us with the short, quick slants. One side of the field the receiver was being jammed, the other he was given 10 yards cushion. WTF is that? Do one or the other, don't do one thing on each side.

We need to be sending 5 or 6 guys, pressuring the Quarterback and showing some kind of trust in our secondary. In one side you have Darrelle Revis who aside from the 49er game has been a Top 5 Cornerback this season and on the other side you just have to hope and pray they don't fold like a lawn chair whether its Law, Poteat, Barrett or Lowery.

Exactly. I will sleep better relying on a pressured JP Loserman rather than the one that will sit back there with all day to throw.

We did it in Buffalo and got a pick 6 and a sack fumble recovery by Revis.

That SF game defensive scheme was pathetic. I'd have more confidence in the East Brunswick High school defensive coordinator coming up with a better game plan.

Exactly. I will sleep better relying on a pressured JP Loserman rather than the one that will sit back there with all day to throw.

We did it in Buffalo and got a pick 6 and a sack fumble recovery by Revis.

That SF game defensive scheme was pathetic. I'd have more confidence in the East Brunswick High school defensive coordinator coming up with a better game plan.

Maybe you should email the Jets coaches his number. :)

BTW, I'm not really worried about this game or the Miami game because the legendary BP is undefeated in Section 124. The only game that remains to worry me is the West Coast trip to Seattle.

More like a 1-10 defense like this.

vlc2006122021482625tq2.jpg

I've posted this to death, but THEY WERE BLITZING! They just weren't getting in. Lack of jam at the line may have been a problem, but the routes Bruce was running weren't particularly quick. They were short, but he was crossing back and forth across the field. 5-7 yard in then back out is not quite the same as a quick slant.

I didn't notice them jamming only one side, but I think that would have been a GOOD idea. One of them main problems last week was defenders picking up the wrong receivers. Two or three guys jump one and leave another completely open. By jamming one if gives the others an easier time to pick up. Didn't work if that's what they were doing.

They were bringing at times (very limited amount of times) at MOST 5 people. AT MOST. No more than that. And usually it was just 4. They were getting jammed up there, but that is why you don't blitz RIGHT UP THE F'ING MIDDLE WHEN YOU'RE ONLY BRINGING 4 OR 5.

When the likes of Tyler Thigpen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jamarcus Russell, and Shaun Hill all looked like studs against us, its time to take a good hard look in the mirror and rattle some cages. This makes me believe that JP Losman who actually has better WR threats than all of the above can do some damage against us. 5 man blitzes are not real blitzes! on most passing plays teams keep 6 guys in pass protection, gotta kick it up a notch on the blitz schemes

They were bringing at times (very limited amount of times) at MOST 5 people. AT MOST. No more than that. And usually it was just 4. They were getting jammed up there, but that is why you don't blitz RIGHT UP THE F'ING MIDDLE WHEN YOU'RE ONLY BRINGING 4 OR 5.

The one time they brought five (Harris) they got a sack last week. YAY!

Then they stopped doing that after they tied the game up.

Look at the "highlights". Of the supposed 8 most important 49er offensive plays they brought 5 three times, 4 three times and 3 twice. The only play that was good for the Jets (Bowens pick) was a 3 man rush. I can remember Lowery blowing an easy sack and Elam getting swallowed at the line on at least 2 occaisions.

One thing that MIGHT be happening is that the players are not being aggressive. It looks like they are bunched at the line 6-7 players and some are picking up backs and TEs and the other is coming. The result is that the blitz seems delayed. That's okay if it leads to an open shot, but last week it looked like a luke warm trot at the QB instead of a dedicated, ears pinned back blast to the QB. I also think Jenkins was owned last week and that might have screwed it up for everybody else.

I've posted this to death, but THEY WERE BLITZING! They just weren't getting in. Lack of jam at the line may have been a problem, but the routes Bruce was running weren't particularly quick. They were short, but he was crossing back and forth across the field. 5-7 yard in then back out is not quite the same as a quick slant.

I didn't notice them jamming only one side, but I think that would have been a GOOD idea. One of them main problems last week was defenders picking up the wrong receivers. Two or three guys jump one and leave another completely open. By jamming one if gives the others an easier time to pick up. Didn't work if that's what they were doing.

you must have been watching a different game then the rest of us

you must have been watching a different game then the rest of us

What did you see? Everybody wants to call out the coaches, but you all complain about different things. NO pass rush? Check. No bump and run? Check. Quick slants? Check. I WATCHED THE FILM AVAILABLE and I told you what I saw. Numerically. Factually.

If the team was getting killed with quick slants a pass rush is not going to help, bumping the WR might. I didn't notice too many quick slants. I noticed Bruce running up and then back and forth over the middle of the field. I think they call it a double move now. We used to call it a "T". He was probably thrown to on the route over 5 times. Once D Coleman defended and there were at least 2-3, probably more completed. A bump will not necessarily help against that route. Pressure should. I've already documented that they didn't get pressure despite rushing 5.

As I said, I had a big problem with several plays where guys ran completely free because DBs and LBs jumped the same guy as they crossed. Did you notice that? Not sure how many times it happened, but if that happens even once in a game there is a huge problem.

I'm tired of hearing guys whine "They didn't blitz!" They did. They didn't get there. You people act like it's a super bowl team and they are pissing it away. They aren't that good. They are a good, quality team with flaws. My friends that are Pats and Ravens fans are afraid to play the Jets. If they read this they would think this board was full of idiots. Maybe I should go to the lounge for a while. Leave you to beat up AEC.

What did you see? Everybody wants to call out the coaches, but you all complain about different things. NO pass rush? Check. No bump and run? Check. Quick slants? Check. I WATCHED THE FILM AVAILABLE and I told you what I saw. Numerically. Factually.

If the team was getting killed with quick slants a pass rush is not going to help, bumping the WR might. I didn't notice too many quick slants. I noticed Bruce running up and then back and forth over the middle of the field. I think they call it a double move now. We used to call it a "T". He was probably thrown to on the route over 5 times. Once D Coleman defended and there were at least 2-3, probably more completed. A bump will not necessarily help against that route. Pressure should. I've already documented that they didn't get pressure despite rushing 5.

As I said, I had a big problem with several plays where guys ran completely free because DBs and LBs jumped the same guy as they crossed. Did you notice that? Not sure how many times it happened, but if that happens even once in a game there is a huge problem.

I'm tired of hearing guys whine "They didn't blitz!" They did. They didn't get there. You people act like it's a super bowl team and they are pissing it away. They aren't that good. They are a good, quality team with flaws. My friends that are Pats and Ravens fans are afraid to play the Jets. If they read this they would think this board was full of idiots. Maybe I should go to the lounge for a while. Leave you to beat up AEC.

The Jets use a high school blitz package. Its beyond basic.

Archived