Favorite Christmas Song

bobbyjet69

Well, you know when you're getting old? I can tell you. I was thinking about that today listening to the classic Christmas songs and saying to myself, damn, they don't make them like they use to. That's when you know you're over the hill.

Anyway, my favorite Christmas song is Bing Crosy's rendition of I'll Be Home For Christmas. We sang that at the Bob Hope Christmas Show back in '68...I looked around at the troops that were brought in from the field and wondered how many of us would make it back home...many did and many didn't. I was one of he lucky ones.

On a lighter note...thank you Jets for making it miserable for me for the next 40 years...do you know what it's like to think you're coming home to see at least one SB victory after SB III...I'm still waiting.

I have three songs, and I can't decide between them.

The funny/I thought it was cool back in the day song - No Presents for Christmas by King Diamond.

The tug at your heart strings/classic of all-time song - The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole.

And a new edition to my favorites this year - The song that plays at 12:01am December 26th on a station that has been playing nothing but Christmas songs for over a month!

The song that plays at 12:01am December 26th on a station that has been playing nothing but Christmas songs for over a month!

You guys have 3x more radio stations in NY/NJ than we do up here. There has been a radio station up here that went all Christmas songs before Thanksgiving.

I welcome their return to soft rock or whatever the heck they play as the Christmas songs are too much

BTW: Merry Christmas mate.

couldn't get it up

or you lost your wallet

or both

Putting one foot in front of the other. it was my birthday that weekend and we celebrated in howl at the moon after the Jets won. My shoulder was all ****ed up when I woke up. I think I was bobbing and weaving all the way down ft lauderdale boulevard.

Putting one foot in front of the other. it was my birthday that weekend and we celebrated in howl at the moon after the Jets won. My shoulder was all ****ed up when I woke up. I think I was bobbing and weaving all the way down ft lauderdale boulevard.

i liked my response better:D

Bob: Okay. On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a beer.

Doug: On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: two turtlenecks,

Bob: And a beer. (Okay...) On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: three French toast,

Doug: Two turtlenecks,

Bob: And a beer. (Okay...)

Doug: There should be more there, eh?

Bob: Where? On the... go.

Doug: Fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: four pounds of backbacon,

Bob: Three French toast,

Bob: And a beer.

Doug: In a tree. See, you need more.

Bob: Fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: five golden touques!

Doug: Four pounds of backbacon,

Bob: And a beer, what was it?

Together: In a tree!

Bob: Okay, on the sixth... go.

Doug: Of Christmas, my true love gave to me: six packs of two-four,

Bob & BG Singers: Five golden touques!

Bob: And a beer,

Together: In a tree!

Bob: Okay.

Doug: Okay.

Bob: On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: seven packs of smokes,

Doug: (Nice gift...) Oh, six packs of two-four!

Bob & BG Singers: Five golden touques!

Bob: And a beer, Together: In a tree!

Bob: Right, I keep forgetting.

Doug: Phew! This should just be the two days of Christmas, it's too hard for us!

Bob: Um...

Doug: Go, hoser.

Bob: Oh.

Together: Eigth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:

Doug: Eight comic books,

Together w/BG singers (but unsynchronized): Seven packs of smokes, six packs of two-four,

(Bob and Doug quit singing.)

BG Singers: Five golden touques! Four pounds of backbacon, three French toast, two turtlenecks,

All: And a beer,

Doug: On my tree!

Bob: Yeah. That beer's empty. Okay.

----------------

Oh, I was just copying and pasting at the same time you were posting that video. Good job!

Do You Hear What I Hear by Spiraling. This awesome tune was posted last year on JI. I bought it immediately and listen to it regularly throughout the year. It's a must listen, but especially by all fans of The Who. YouTube only has an inferior live performance, so I've included the band's MySpace link which usually loads the studio version automatically.

http://www.myspace.com/spiraling

Archived