Gumbel & Dierdorf doing the game..

Steveg

Can't listen to the radio. The delay on the tv and the radio do not match, and you hear before you see or visa versa. I forget which.

I like Nantz/Simms. I like Madden, but not Michaels. I like Papa and Collinsworth actually. I don't like Dierdorf for some reason. I can't stand Joe Buck

Can't listen to the radio. The delay on the tv and the radio do not match, and you hear before you see or visa versa. I forget which.

I like Nantz/Simms. I like Madden, but not Michaels. I like Papa and Collinsworth actually. I don't like Dierdorf for some reason. I can't stand Joe Buck

You probably don't like Dierdorf because he's a ****ing moron. I think Simms is the best and Collingsworth isn't too bad. I like Madden, but that's more based on past performance than anything recent. Paul McGuire is an idiot that will repeat the same moronic statement even when what is actually happening on the field contradicts him, but he's like Schemp. He's never who I consider as doing the game. I kind of lump Aikman and Johnston together as okay, but not great. I could be wrong about one or both of them. I find Enberg's voice soothing. He reminds me of my childhood, but I don't think he has any idea what's going on out there nowadays.

Least favorite is Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon or Ian Eagle and Solomon Wilcots

Cant stand Harlan -- for some reason Jets play like crap when he calls games -

Ian Eagle is OK but Gus Johnson is becoming one of my favorites - he makes any play seem exciting -- he is doing Texans - Titans this week

Gumbel is top notch for me and should be the number 1 playcaller for CBS

Nantz is blah - put Simms with Gumbel again that would be for the best -

I like Troy Aikman a lot but Joe Buck is awful.

I'm not paticularly fond of Simms either. I much prefer Madden or Collinsworth.

Currently, my favorite is Nantz and Simms, and I generally think the CBS pairs are better than the FOX crews. I dislike Bill Maas (just won't shut up). Siragusa (total gimmick), and Joe Buck (d!ckhead). However, I HATE HATE HATE every MNF crew since it moved to ESPN. Kornheiser is absolutely dreadful and superfluous, Theismann was Theismann, and Tirico would rather show off how well he can pronounce any word in Spanish than call a good game. Only one worth keeping is Jaws and he's satisfactory at best.

However my all time favorite is the Al, Frank, and Dan MNF crew (first MNF crew I would watch), and does anyone remember Namath doing games on NBC? I think he was paired with Tom Hammond, and man were those Jet losses (with the occasional win) fun to watch with Joe Willy providing ice cool color commentary.

John Sterling & Suzyn Waldman

If Waldman never announces another game it will be too soon; same with Rich Gannon.

I must say that I'm a John Madden and Al Michaels fan just out of tradition. However, I like what Simms and Nantz have been doing. Nantz could give the play by play for a 9-5 steel worker and I would probably listen to it. Gumbel does a good job as well.

Archived