Gholston will be a great player!

NIGHT STALKER

So says LT on the Mike Francesa show. Says he needs to be coached up...especially coming from a college team that used him primarily in a 4-3 and now is being asked to be a 3-4 LB. He used DeMarcus Ware as an example...but, he was emphatic that Gholston will be a great player.

So says LT on the Mike Francesa show. Says he needs to be coached up...especially coming from a college team that used him primarily in a 4-3 and now is being asked to be a 3-4 LB. He used DeMarcus Ware as an example...but, he was emphatic that Gholston will be a great player.

What the hell does LT know? He never played Class A Minor League baseball..

They had lunch together, and LT promised him if he came to Florida during the off season he would work with him some

Yep. This is the article I remember. Doesn't seem like Gholston learned Lesson 1 yet.

Jets' first-round pick Vernon Gholston has hardly contributed this year the way team brass was hoping when they tagged him with the sixth pick in April's NFL Draft. Boasting a build from a Gladiator movie and showing off athleticism and a size/speed ratio rarely seen, Gholston's upside was too enticing to pass up.

But after seven games Gholston has struggled terribly, amassing a mere six tackles and zero sacks.

Rather than sit idly by as his rookie season was littered with labels of "bust" and "disappointment" the former Ohio State Buckeye this week made what could be the smartest contact he'll ever make.

8748706_36_2.jpgIf you're going to pick a mentor, a Hall of Famer like Lawrence Taylor's a good choice. (MARK D. PHILLIPS / Getty Images)

Gholston met with the greatest tutor a 3-4 linebacker could ever hope to have

i saw LT in UNC gym around 1985 playing hoops

he was playing on the court next to mine, he was on skins team

Let me tell you, his body was a perfect V, must have had a 32 waist,

I then looked at myself in mirror to find any semblance of a V shape...

all i had was a H

i saw LT in UNC gym around 1985 playing hoops

he was playing on the court next to mine, he was on skins team

Let me tell you, his body was a perfect V, must have had a 32 waist,

I then looked at myself in mirror to find any semblance of a V shape...

all i had was a H

Did you feel any tingling sensations?

Funny LT story-

The Giants used to practice at Pace University in Pleasantville,NY back in the 80's-where I grew up.

Lets just say LT was quite the character around town. One time he probably was doing 80mph straight into one of the local town bars parking lot.(he hit about 2 parked cars in the process)Gets out of his Mustang- two girls under each arm and about a half a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand.

Needless to say,he swigged the remaining JD, smashes the bottle against the outside wall of the bar and walks right in like he owns the place. My pops loves telling that story as he saw the whole thing unfold.

That is awesome.

Did he happen to mention what sport Vernon would eventually be great at? I just want to make sure I don't miss it.

I'd honestly rather see something in Gholstons play that suggest that he will be a 'great player' rather than LT coming out with a meaningless prediction. Gholston hasn't even shown a flash of #6 overall ability, he looks lost and even more worringly sluggish and out of his depth. It's one thing for him not to have the mental side of the game down, but the guy was meant to be some physical freak. It does not look like that when he's on the field, even when he is pass rushing he gets swatted around like a fly. When he has a clear path to the QB he looks to be hesitant and slow. He shows NOTHING!

Archived