Sign in to follow this  
Barton

AJ Burnett, Yankees agree on 5 year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3765754

Free agent right-hander A.J. Burnett has reached preliminary agreement on a five-year, $82.5 million contract with the New York Yankees, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

-------

This move seems so dumb that it will probably surprise and end up working out ok.

Not the biggest fan of this sigining (because of health concerns)...but, let's hope for the best...I cannot say enough how glad it's not my money.

Where is the recession 160 million and now 80 million? Makes regular people resent ballplayers when they get this type of money and who can blame them when you are struggling and feel lucky to have a job.

Hey, the way I look at it, anyone who complains about the money entertainers (and sports is definitely in the entertainment business) get should maybe look into the business themselves. It ain't easy or we'd all be doing it and the pay would be substantially lower.

To tell the truth, it would be pointless to get all of these pitchers and not do anything about our offense. Nady is great but we will need a boost if we want to buy a world series or 4. I say get tex and manny.

Just remember one thing. As much as a lot of Yankee fans are glad to see Giambi and Abreu go, they knocked in 196 runs between them last year. And we were way down in RBI's from the year before.

Great. So when we play the Red Sox, we best start Burnett all 18 games each season or else we won't get our moneys worth.

He can go 16-1 against them and 4-10 against everyone else.

I just hope the guy isn't Pavano or Jeff Weaver. He does have a sick record against AL East clubs though...He's 20-5 with a 3.29 ERA.

I just find it funny that Burnett gets hurt a lot more often than most people in the league and yet he has the perfect repertoire for New York and Phil Hughes is a "softie."

I think Hughes has a physical and mental thing going.

How do you know he has a mental thing and AJ doesn't?

That doesn't sound like a head case to me.

Who said anything about Hughes being a head case? I said he perhaps he has a mental thing going on. Meaning, he could still be a bit immature to handle the big city lights...

With all the pitching added along with the last season trade deadline fleecing of the Pirates for Nady and Marte, if the Yanks add Tex or Manny and still miss the play-offs is Girardi gone?

No doubt about it. However, I may be biased here because I'm not a Girardi fan to begin with.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company