AP: Clemens still believes he has future with Jets

Flash73

I hope he earns another chance here or somewhere else, as unlikely as that may seem..

I do too. It isn't like he's an idiot or a bad character. He's got the kind of arm that could have us looking back in a few years going we - f'ked that one up too. With the braintrust that was instructing his development he may blossom elsewhere or hopefully here if we clean out the headmasters.

Hard to tell with QB's. They can look bad when they are young, then find themselves and have a great career.

Drew Brees looked like hell his second and third years.

The coach gets to look at these guys in practice every day, the average fan has no way of knowing.

I think next season we need to give Kellen one last shot. If he fails, hand the job over to either a draft pick, veteran FA or Ratliff. Then again, I'm not comfortable giving anything to Ratliff until I see him in some kind of game action. Everyone loves him but the guy had two good Preseason games and aside from that has been NOTHING. Clemens went 3-4 with a injury plagued, **** team. I think if Brett retires we see what Kellen can do in 2009, unless the organization does truly believe that he is regressing and can never become a valuable starting QB.

Archived