Jets-Dolphins- And looks like Pats Win ...DAMN!!!

914-ny

I refuse to believe the J-E-T-S will lose to the ****ing Seahawks... REFUSE!!!!!!

I think NE loses next week to the Cardinals (albeit them getting raped by the Vikings right now).

The Chiefs played well today, they have a shot at beating Miami.

I refuse to believe the J-E-T-S will lose to the ****ing Seahawks... REFUSE!!!!!!

I think NE loses next week to the Cardinals (albeit them getting raped by the Vikings right now).

Kurt warner on road is inept

pats will struggle with jills following week

The Cards , sadly :( , totally blow on the road. I give them no chance at NE. Hope I'm wrong.

The Fins eek another out.

We got the gift of a lifetime.

NE is straight up dominating.

How crazy is it that 3 teams could win 10 games and not make the playoffs in the AFC.

Yeah, cause we only led the entire game and didn't give up a single TD (3rd game in a row that Miami's defense hasn't given up a TD).

It's just ****ing set up on a ****ing plate for Pennington to beat us at home to send the fish to the playoffs and send us packing.

It's almost too fitting for Jets history.

No no, you and I both know, there is no way Pennington can beat the Jets in Giants Stadium. Miami Dolphins history won't allow us to be contenders in that game.

Kurt warner on road is inept

pats will struggle with jills following week

I think you have it backasswards.

I think the Cards rebound. JaMarcus Russell is not Warner and coming off a home ass whooping. I think they come to play.

There is no way either NE or Miami lose next week. They'll both blow out their opponents.

Us, on the other hand...we could very well lose next week. I believe we get the tiebreaker over Miami if we beat them (sweep) so we'd go in over them, EXCEPT, the Pats will probably win both so there's a good chance we don't get in. The Colts and Ravens probably get the WC slots.

Yeah, cause we only led the entire game and didn't give up a single TD (3rd game in a row that Miami's defense hasn't given up a TD).

Well, its not like you guys are putting teams away. You keep teams around long enough and if you playing different competition, it might come up on ya. And I am not being insulting, you guys are eeking out wins. Its the Chad Pennington way.

I'm serious. Jets own Miami and it sucks.

This is the only thing we have going for us in that game.

It's just ****ing set up on a ****ing plate for Pennington to beat us at home to send the fish to the playoffs and send us packing.

It's almost too fitting for Jets history.

This is the only reason, and I do mean the only reason, that I fear teh noodles in week 17..

It's just our luck... :frown:

Gee, this is the first time a ChadPhag fan has given credit to the defense..

I'm sure Aqueer4ever will sashay in and give chad all the credit in short order though.. :rolleyes:

Well, its not like you guys are putting teams away. You keep teams around long enough and if you playing different competition, it might come up on ya. And I am not being insulting, you guys are eeking out wins. Its the Chad Pennington way.

It's the 'W' that matters, and uh, it wasn't like you guys were dominating the Bills today like we did last week. You gave up 27 points to a team that only scored 3 against us last week. Fact is, Buffalo gave away that game today, the Jets were headed for a third loss in a row untill a lucky fumble, and I'm not trying to be insulting.

Gee, this is the first time a ChadPhag fan has given credit to the defense..

I'm sure Aqueer4ever will sashay in and give chad all the credit in short order though.. :rolleyes:

Because Chad deserves none?

Without Chad, things would be much different:

-We would not be 9-5, that's for sure.

-We would not have a top ten red zone percentage.

-We would not be +12 in the turnover ratio.

-We would not be on pace to set an NFL RECORD for fewest turnovers in a season!

-We would not have an opportunity to make the playoffs.

Give Chad the respect he deserves...

Kurt Warner>Matt Cassel.

If the ****ty cardinal Dee can contain Randy Moss and that Welker f^cker, Im sure Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin will shred em.

Unless there is a blizzard, Arizona will win in a shoot-out. Both defenses suck out loud.....

Wes Welker will get his catches. The dude is always open. He's a faster, more athletic, and cuter version of Wayne Chrebet...well, if you're into shorties. He leads the league in catches, I beleive. This would be the second season in a row he's accomplished such a feat. Yup, Wes Welker. Seriously.

Ah, I love it. Another phins.com veteran :cheers:

Nice job cherry-picking stats... while their percentage might be good, the Dolphins have the 6th least red zone possessions in the NFL. They rank 10th in the league in offensive yardage, but are 23rd in scoring.

Way to go, Chad. :cheergal:

Nice job cherry-picking stats... while their percentage might be good, the Dolphins have the 6th least red zone possessions in the NFL. They rank 10th in the league in offensive yardage, but are 23rd in scoring.

Way to go, Chad. :cheergal:

Percentages matter... Don't act like they don't. Let's compare your little red zone percentages mean less because of amount of possessions to something else:

I score 90% on a test, but only have 10 questions...

You score 80% on a test, but have 20 questions...

Who did better?

Percentages matter... Don't act like they don't. Let's compare your little red zone percentages mean less because of amount of possessions to something else:

I score 90% on a test, but only have 10 questions...

You score 80% on a test, but have 20 questions...

Who did better?

Great example.

Try this one on for size (these stats prior to this week):

Miami - 37 possessions, 23 TD's, 10 FG's - .892 scoring pct, .622 TD pct - 168 pts

Jets - 58 possessions, 31 TD's, 16 FG's - .810 scoring pct, .534 TD pct - 234 pts

Still think red zone percentages are a good indicator of offensive productivity?

Great example.

Miami - 37 possessions, 23 TD's, 10 FG's - .892 scoring pct, .622 TD pct - 168 pts

Jets - 58 possessions, 31 TD's, 16 FG's - .810 scoring pct, .534 TD pct - 234 pts

Still think red zone percentages are a good indicator of offensive productivity?

That's fair. But Miami's game is grind the clock, running the ball, and throwing short passes that will be completed. Our game is more old school while your game is new school it seems. I don't watch your games so I can't really give a good analysis on it. I'm just guessing you guys score quick and score a lot to coast.

Our teams are just built different..

Great example.

And yet, we both have 9-5 records. It doesn't matter what road you take, as long as you get there.

That's fair. But Miami's game is grind the clock, running the ball, and throwing short passes that will be completed. Our game is more old school while your game is new school it seems. I don't watch your games so I can't really give a good analysis on it. I'm just guessing you guys score quick and score a lot to coast.

Our teams are just built different..

I wasn't trying to compare Miami to the Jets, but was merely pointing out how meaningless "red zone efficiency" statistics can be.

Miami's game is to have the defense shut down the other team and pray that Pennington can manage to outscore the opposition. You guys haven't won a game all season where the other team scores 20+ points and that, my friend, is Chad Pennington Football. Enjoy it.

I wasn't trying to compare Miami to the Jets, but was merely pointing out how meaningless "red zone efficiency" statistics can be.

Miami's game is to have the defense shut down the other team and pray that Pennington can manage to outscore the opposition. You guys haven't won a game all season where the other team scores 20+ points and that, my friend, is Chad Pennington Football. Enjoy it.

That my friend, is a good thing. Our defense is so dominate and so controlling that we are able to take an early lead and hold onto it, while suffocating the opposing teams offense. That's not just Pennington ball, that's Parcells ball.

That my friend, is a good thing. Our defense is so dominate and so controlling that we are able to take an early lead and hold onto it, while suffocating the opposing teams offense. That's not just Pennington ball, that's Parcells ball.

Really? The 1997 Jets, coming off a 1-15 campaign, ranked 12th in the league in scoring with Neil O'Donnell at QB. With Testaverde in '98, the Jets ranked 5th in the league.

In New England, he had offenses that ranked 8th ('94) and 2nd ('96) in the league.

Archived