It May Be Heresy But Except for a Couple of Games Favre Has been Less than Ordinary

TheSage

He had a couple of outstanding games but by and large he has given as much as he has taken. We are not seeing the Legend but a former legend. I was upset when Steinberg could get him at the Draft or the following year when GB traded for him. His skill and arm have declined to the point where he needs a full windup on long downfield throws.

That being said he still has stronger arm than CP and a better head than Clemens but his accuracy leaves much to be desired and his head still hasn't figured out that his arm is not what it once was. he is still a great leader but the next few weeks are problematic IMHO-I hope I am wrong.

I couldn't agree more. I have no faith in Favre or this team for that matter. Unless something just short of miraculous happens within the next few weeks, it's not looking too good. And if we get into the playoffs and don't make it deep into them then all this Favre crap was a waste of time. This is not the QB we traded for. That guy makes alot of amazing plays and some bad ones. This guy makes some good plays and quite a few bad ones. I fear, once again, that we're in for heartbreak boyz and girlz.

On a lighter note as soon as I get negative like this things turn around!!! lol

Favre is a shell of his former self. That having been said, his former self is a superstar, and we're getting a guy who's 'ok'.

It's not all we've hoped for, but we were not going to be in a better position with Chad, regardless of what Fins fans say, and we're at least going to move forward next year with someone new.

less than ordinary ?

the sum of his season maybe, but hot and cold is how I would describe it

mangini seems to be able to keep "bad brett" down for a few games, but he just can't resist chucking it deep into double coverage about every third game

with a dominant running game, the jets should go back to the titans gameplan with a short passing attack and time consuming drives

Favre is a shell of his former self. That having been said, his former self is a superstar, and we're getting a guy who's 'ok'.

It's not all we've hoped for, but we were not going to be in a better position with Chad, regardless of what Fins fans say, and we're at least going to move forward next year with someone new.

I agree, it seems like he can't make those throws downfield anymore - even if people want to use the 'we dont have a deep threat' excuse. Even just heaving them up there seems to hang way too long.

That being said - Favre's intagibles > Chad's intangibles

I agree he has been less than we expected, but I really believe he is injured. He threw deep the first few games just fine, but his arm really seemed to never be the same after the Cinci game. I don't think you lose arm strength that drastically over the course of the season. I guess it could be arm fatigue too since his offseason probably consisted of having a few beers and fishing but it wouldnt shock me at all if he needed some work on his shoulder in the offseason.

I agree he has been less than we expected, but I really believe he is injured. He threw deep the first few games just fine, but his arm really seemed to never be the same after the Cinci game. I don't think you lose arm strength that drastically over the course of the season. I guess it could be arm fatigue too since his offseason probably consisted of having a few beers and fishing but it wouldnt shock me at all if he needed some work on his shoulder in the offseason.

I don't think there are any more 'offseasons'. I think after this season it's now 'his life'.

Favre's downfield throws are just bad decisions - into double coverage, to players who are not downfield receivers, but possession receivers that can run after the catch.

They're also not well designed. They're all fly patterns.

it's that simple. If you got clowney going on a post you'd have separation, and a route Favre can handle.

Favre's downfield throws are just bad decisions - into double coverage, to players who are not downfield receivers, but possession receivers that can run after the catch.

They're also not well designed. They're all fly patterns.

it's that simple. If you got clowney going on a post you'd have separation, and a route Favre can handle.

Good call out.

I was hoping for a Clowney post all game, but nada.. Favre just does dumb things sometimes, but I also don't believe he's being used well either..

Still, he is consistently is late and underthrowing these routes.

Archived