What the hell happened to FrostWire?

Fishooked

Anyone else use it? After LimeWire hit the crapper, I started using FrostWire, and it was pretty good for awhile...

...but not anymore. No search results coming up, almost no files, and the ones that do are filled with Malware. Anyone else having the same problems?

And Im a torrent spaz, so I have no clue what Im doing on that end...

Fish the only difference with torrents is that you have to search for the files at a website and not in the program itself.

Download UTorrent

Search at Mininova.org - when you find your file, click download and uTorrent should automatically start downloading it.

Enjoy all the music, movies, and software you want.

Fish the only difference with torrents is that you have to search for the files at a website and not in the program itself.

Download UTorrent

Search at Mininova.org - when you find your file, click download and uTorrent should automatically start downloading it.

Enjoy all the music, movies, and software you want.

Ah ok I get it - is UTorrent one of the better ones?

Simple and easy. Stay away from azereus(sp?) looks cool, but its a pain in the ass.

I've heard of the other sites mentioned but have never used them. I hear there pretty good too though.

Awesome, I just installed it and have 3 torrents going...looks like I'll have to put COD on hold for now :biggrin:

Awesome, I just installed it and have 3 torrents going...looks like I'll have to put COD on hold for now :biggrin:

Definitely can't play and DL at the same time. haha.

BTW, I've downloaded every full version of photoshop since v. 7. Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Final Cut Pro, and Quark too.

Saved myself thousands of dollars. Sorry Adobe.

Definitely can't play and DL at the same time. haha.

BTW, I've downloaded every full version of photoshop since v. 7. Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Final Cut Pro, and Quark too.

Saved myself thousands of dollars. Sorry Adobe.

LOL, sorry overpriced software.

Cool, right now my main focus is music for now...thanks for the heads up bro!

Some more tips:

Seeders - are the amount of people that have the entire file and allowing you to download it from them.

Leechers - are people that are downloading the file, but you can also download parts of the file from them.

Obviously the more seeders the quicker the DL will be.

-----

When I search for new dvd quality movies I usually search 'axxo'. Axxo uploads all the new movies, and they get the most seeders.

Same goes for 'EZTV' if your looking of tv shows.

Yeah, but seemingly for almost every audio file I search for there are few results, and Im hitting a 75% Malware alert for almost everything I try to download. :hand:

You've crossed over to darkside of torrents, theres no going back anyways.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing earlier. By now you probably realized full albums are the way to go as apposed to searching by song. If you don't want to download the whole album you don't have to. Just uncheck all the songs you don't want when uTorrent loads the torrent file.

You've crossed over to darkside of torrents, theres no going back anyways.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing earlier. By now you probably realized full albums are the way to go as apposed to searching by song. If you don't want to download the whole album you don't have to. Just uncheck all the songs you don't want when uTorrent loads the torrent file.

Awesome, I just stumbled across like 30 Dead compliation albums Id been meaning to buy:jawdrop:

Ok, torrent-nerds, :biggrin: after a file is completed, I see it in uTorrent as 'seeding' - does that mean now that I have the file, I'll now in effect be one of the seeds for the file?

Thanks!

Yes, and proper torrent etiquette states that you should continue seed the file at least until you've uploaded the equivalent of the size of that torrent (1:1 dl/ul ratio).

Yeah seed it for a day if you don't need the bandwith. If its CoD time, F it. Go pWN n00bz.

Yeah after Ive downloaded Ive left the files there for awhile, then moved them and deleted the torrent data, correct?

And yeah, now Im downloading entire discographies at this point...since i could never find 80% of this stuff on those other apps... :headbang:

Archived