So Clowney...

sirlancemehlot

Has a nice grab--the longest reception of the day by a Jet, shows some nice downfield separation, and even has a tackle on the day. Not too shabby. On another note, Ellis had 11 tackles??? and a TD. Not too shabby. And Abram Elam makes mistakes and huge plays--nothing else. Finally...CS still Sux...leading the game in the fourth quarter deep in a hole on our own 3yd line, sporting an 1100+ yd back in TJ and we decide to:

A. Pound the ball off-tackle in order to create some breathing room and kill the clock.

B. Short screen to Leon in order to create some breathing room and kill the clock,

C. A combination of off-tackle runs and quick screens.

D. Have the lifetime interception leader drop back into the endzone and let him scramble for his life so that he might throw incompletions and take all of twenty seconds off the clock (repeat three times straight.)

If you answered D. you are a complete ****ing idiot and probably run our offense.

The fact that that was Clowney's first game is a JOKE.

No, we are supposed to believe that Mangini really knows what he is doing. :rolleyes: The fact that Clowney tore it up in TC and the two pre-season games before he got hurt does not mean anything because it was done against backups. Forget the fact that he is super fast, has very good hands, good moves, good size, is tough, etc ... looks all the world like a diamond in the rough.

They are probably right. How can we question Mangini's judgement? Us dumb fans would probably give Leon Washington more than 1 carry. :rolleyes:

I just don't get it. Eric Mangini is doing the exact same thing with Clowney that Herm Edwards did to Jericho Cotchery.

Seriously, Clowney makes play after play, and he still doesn't really get any playing time.

Leon Washington is not even used that much.

Leon Washington is not even used that much.

NO KIDDING!!! LET's get the phenomenon more thatn ONE TOUCH, then we'll move to the promising players. These guys are dunces, I don't care if we win out, it will be on raw talent alone, some of which i wonder where it has gone...ehem....Kerry Rhodes?????

Let's keep a little perspective here folks. Yes he looked great in preseason, yes he looks like he may have the tools, and yes the jets dearly need a speedy deep threat. But lets not forget that preseason is just that, especially the guys who played with the second and third units. And he WAS hurt for a while, and the jets WHERE on a 5 game win streak where it would have been stupid to toss in an unknown when we were doing well. Also, guys like this break into the active roster on special teams, and from what I saw on the kick coverage unit, he was fast but easily got stuffed and blocked and didn't look very solid as a threat to make a play on the returner. I would assume that this was also the case in practice so that is why he never really made it in on special teams which is really the gateway to getting in the gameday rotation.

Having said all that, I feel the same way a lot of you all do, I think this guy might be a player, and at least we got him cheap and he is young and we will have him around for a while if he does pan out. I think there is a good chance he does.

I just don't get it. Eric Mangini is doing the exact same thing with Clowney that Herm Edwards did to Jericho Cotchery.

Seriously, Clowney makes play after play, and he still doesn't really get any playing time.

are you kidding me? the best play-maker on our team...the same one who won mvp last year on offense barely even gets the ball. this coaching staff is a clueless ****ing joke.

Let's keep a little perspective here folks. Yes he looked great in preseason, yes he looks like he may have the tools, and yes the jets dearly need a speedy deep threat. But lets not forget that preseason is just that, especially the guys who played with the second and third units. And he WAS hurt for a while, and the jets WHERE on a 5 game win streak where it would have been stupid to toss in an unknown when we were doing well. Also, guys like this break into the active roster on special teams, and from what I saw on the kick coverage unit, he was fast but easily got stuffed and blocked and didn't look very solid as a threat to make a play on the returner. I would assume that this was also the case in practice so that is why he never really made it in on special teams which is really the gateway to getting in the gameday rotation.

Having said all that, I feel the same way a lot of you all do, I think this guy might be a player, and at least we got him cheap and he is young and we will have him around for a while if he does pan out. I think there is a good chance he does.

Yep, that's it.

This might be the last time we see Gholston this year. He was benched for Franks. Franks has been inactive for 7 games.

That tells me the CS has given up on Gholston. At least for this season. Not a good thing for a top 5 pick.

Clowney made an excellent impact play yesterday on one of his few chances, and had a ST tackle. He deserves another chance, and will get it.

The ST's missed Smith yesterday, and he will be active next week, if healthy. Bye Vernon. See ya next year

That was a reference to Cotch, btw.

Now how is it possible to make play after play if he only touched the ball once this season.

Now how is it possible to make play after play if he only touched the ball once this season.

Pre-season, Training Camp, Practice, the one time he does get out there he does something. I don't know maybe that. No one knows what this kid can do but people want to see. What is wrong with that?

Theres nothing wrong with that.

But theres people here that think the guy was touched by Jesus. I mean if he was really as good as some people think he is he'd be out there every play.

Oh, and dare I say it. Maybe Favres arm can't hit him down field.

Archived