Leon Touches

DACHUMS

It's AMAZING 2 me how a player gets 1 touch in entire game, scores a 40+ yard touchdown with it and NEVER touches the ball again.. just INSANE. WHo does that?! MAngini does that/ he got ! freaking lousy touch and scored with and they said thanks for the td now go back to special teams the end

He's too small just like Tiki Barber or Joe Morrison or warrick Dunn. Yes he weighs almost as much as Cmart but he's too short.

his size is identical to Barry Sanders, and people still say those #'s are skewed, who gives a s$#t how big he is if noone can touch him. MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck does height have to do with playing runningback? We are not talking about power forward.

reference Frank Gore. The shorter the better. But these bunch of high school coaches and punk coaches son's don't even know x's and o's we're gonna explain gravity and physics to them.

It's embarrassing that he only got one carry.

With this o-line in a groove, Leon is a threat to score EVERY GOD DAMN TIME he touches the ball.

If you are counting at home, Leon has had four carries in the past THREE games.

Can't make this stuff up, really.

Maybe Schoteneheimmer's lust with the screen pass will fade?

Doubtful.

But we have no shot at making any noise if they don't give him 8-10 touches out fo the backfield.

C'mon, that's crazy talk. Barry Sanders, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Joe Morris - they couldn't handle more than Leon's load on offense. Same thing with Maurice Jones-Drew. Del Rio is a fool for giving him more than 1-5 carries per game.

These guys also can't/couldn't handle more than 5 touches per game on offense:

Brian Westbrook (200 lbs)

Steve Slaton (197 lbs)

Chris Johnson (197 lbs)

Charlie Garner (190 lbs)

And the roughly 3-7 lbs heavier (even for those 1-4" taller) was what made these guys so much more capable & worthy of greater than 5 touches per game on offense:

Priest Holmes

Thurman Thomas

Terry Allen

Curtis Martin

Marshall Faulk

So at 5'8/203, Leon is not built for the rigors of the massive amount of 10 carries per game instead of 5 (which he only gets half the time as it is). But if the trade-up demand weren't so great, or if the player were available with our pick, Mangini would have pounced at the chance to get much more frailly-built Reggie Bush (6'0/200) or Darren McFadden (6'2/205). That makes sense.

Behind a very solid run-blocking line, there's exactly one RB on the team with any likelihood of running >50 yards with the ball (unless you include the one time Jones did it in his 630+ touches as a Jet). And that one player has a whopping 8 carries exactly twice all year, both times coming in blowouts. What a friggin' joke.

I dunno much about the royals. Are they being strangled by the salary cap as well?

Your assertion that the Jets are holding back Leon Washington in fear of having to pay him a large contract are almost as absurd as your statements about Chad Pennington deserving every cent the Jets paid him.

Your assertion that the Jets are holding back Leon Washington in fear of having to pay him a large contract are almost as absurd as your statements about Chad Pennington deserving every cent the Jets paid him.

Careful now, Johnny. I'm a little sharper than you realize. I won't get personal--yet. Not my style. But I'm not one to be heckled either.

If you have a better explanation as to why we're holding back the most explosive player on our team, I'm all ears. And I promise not to call your thoughts absurd. That would be extremely cowardly after considering the cloak of anonymity on a message baord.

Along with that-why are Jones and Washington NEVER in the game at the same time? Even if only as a decoy, or a slot receiver, Washington would give defenses another guy to account for no matter what. It's like Mangini and Schott have no concept of deception.

Leon is like Devin Hester. He is at his best with limited touches.

Although I do agree instead of 1 carry he should be getting 5-10 and that is included with my man love for Thomas Jones --- you know, the leading rusher in the AFC and the man with 15 touchdowns and counting. :)

Along with that-why are Jones and Washington NEVER in the game at the same time? Even if only as a decoy, or a slot receiver, Washington would give defenses another guy to account for no matter what. It's like Mangini and Schott have no concept of deception.

preachin to choir bugg

this CS is insane..........

they all got to go

What the heck does height have to do with playing runningback? We are not talking about power forward.

That was all tongue in cheek-the toughest to tackle I ever saw was Charlie Tolar with KC-he was like a bowling ball and shorter than Washington. If notice-the first three I mentioned were all undersized and Washing weighs almost as much as CMart

Just my opinion, but he should be getting a minimum of 10 to 15 touches a game, not counting special teams, He's a "Playmaker " :cheers:
Leon, at the very minimum, should get the ball 15 times per game.

I mean seriously.......I'd rather see Leon get the majority of the touches instead of Jones.

You're 100% right. Those 2 dolts have no idea how to deceive the opponent. Could you imagine if Leon & Jones were in the backfeild at the same time? Talk about confusing a D.

I have no idea why they don't do that and run some misdirection plays, ie. fake handoff and then pitch it to the opposite side.

Leon had 1 touch....1.

This is totally unexplainable and moronic. Schotty Jr. should be shot in the junk for being that moronic.

Lets get our only true playmaker on the team 1 time...yeah...that makes sense. :rolleyes:

it's 100% explainable. this coaching staff, ass i've been saying for a while now (especially that stupid t*t mangini) ****ing sucks my **** and has got to go.

That was all tongue in cheek-the toughest to tackle I ever saw was Charlie Tolar with KC-he was like a bowling ball and shorter than Washington. If notice-the first three I mentioned were all undersized and Washing weighs almost as much as CMart

You need to use the proper :rolleyes: signals to let us know. :)

By the way, Tolar played for the Houston Oilers back in the old AFL.

Maybe we are saving him for the playoffs. I hope we're just playing possum now so we can take everyone by surprise for the playoffs..... yeah right.

Hey, don't knock playing possum. That is how the most dangerous receiver in the history of the NFL got out of Oakland for a 4th round pick.

Hey, don't knock playing possum. That is how the most dangerous receiver in the history of the NFL got out of Oakland for a 4th round pick.

I'm not knocking playing possum, I'm knocking this coaching staff saying they're not smart enough to even think of playing possum.

Archived