Pennington's revenge

Jet Moses

Well, I take everything that happened during the herm/bradway error with a grain a salt, because they were completely incompetent.

And you're still not being honest because a helluva lot more changed for the Jets and the Dolphins than just QB's.

Precisely!

The Jets brought in better players, the dolphins brought in far superior coaches. Why should I credit Chad when the coaching is the biggest thing going on in Miami?

Precisely!

The Jets brought in better players, the dolphins brought in far superior coaches. Why should I credit Chad when the coaching is the biggest thing going on in Miami?

Because CHAD is the one who has to PLAY on SUNDAYS. Good coaching is one thing, but you have to have underlying talent for good coaching to work. Obviously Chad has more talent than we thought he did. As much as it makes me wanna puke, you have to give credit where credit is due

Because CHAD is the one who has to PLAY on SUNDAYS. Good coaching is one thing, but you have to have underlying talent for good coaching to work. Obviously Chad has more talent than we thought he did. As much as it makes me wanna puke, you have to give credit where credit is due

Chad isn't doing anything differently then he did in 2004 and 2006..

OK, you're Mike Tannenbaum. Even with the knowledge of how this season has turned out to date, please share your plan to address the Jets QB situation during the previous offseason.

I would have traded up whatever it took in the draft to get matt ryan. That is actually what i was hoping for last year at the draft.

Week 17, win or go home, I'll take my chances with Brett Favre than Pennington.

Everyone needs to calm down this over-hyped Dolphins. Are they good? Hell ****ing yeah, but look at their schedule and tell me one team besides the Patriots that they beat and were good.

I would have traded up whatever it took in the draft to get matt ryan. That is actually what i was hoping for last year at the draft.

Well, that's not the knowledge I was referring to... heh

Say it's going to cost you the #6 pick, and your 2nd and 4th round picks in that draft. You still make that move to draft an unproven QB from Boston College? Consider that you already traded your #3 and #5 picks for Kris Jenkins.

Edited by JohnnyHector

Week 17, win or go home, I'll take my chances with Brett Favre than Pennington.

Everyone needs to calm down this over-hyped Dolphins. Are they good? Hell ****ing yeah, but look at their schedule and tell me one team besides the Patriots that they beat and were good.

I thought the same thing about the Bills. But for a miracle...

Chad isn't doing anything differently then he did in 2004 and 2006..

well as a counterpoint, are we really doing any better this season than those years? But did we spend in those two earlier years like we did this year? Also, were the 03 and 05 seasons 1-15 that we were coming off of? (granted 05was bad but we did lose 2 starting qbs for the season in one series near the beginning of the season but we were still better than 1-15).

Look, I am no pennington fan, i am a jets fan and hate the phins, but this is a losing argument right now. Chad moved on and is thriving with a team that was much worse than we have ever been since Kotite, and they are doing it with much less talent than he ever had here, i mean they don't even have a number 1 or number 2 wr and how many years was Ricky out of the league?

Well, that's not the knowledge I was referring to... heh

Say it's going to cost you the #6 pick, and your 2nd and 4th round picks in that draft. You still make that move to draft an unproven QB from Boston College? Consider that you already traded your #3 and #5 picks for Kris Jenkins.

Yeah i probably would have, like i said on draft day that is what i was hoping for. the alternative was being forced to draft Gholston because he was really the pick you had to take at that spot. I probably would have given future picks though instead of depleting my picks that year.

Look, I am no pennington fan, i am a jets fan and hate the phins, but this is a losing argument right now. Chad moved on and is thriving with a team that was much worse than we have ever been since Kotite, and they are doing it with much less talent than he ever had here, i mean they don't even have a number 1 or number 2 wr and how many years was Ricky out of the league?
Cam Cameron = Rich Kotite

Neither 1-15 team that they coached was completely bereft of talent and both lost a bunch of close games, of which a better coach would've won at least a few. The 1996 Jets lost 5 games by 4 points or less; the 2007 Dolphins lost 6 games by 3 points or less.

Parcells comes in for the '97 season and wins 9 games, just like Sparano has thus far. Is some of the change due to personnel? Sure, but plenty of it is due to the coaching as well.

PS....

2007 Dolphins Defense - 30th in points allowed

2008 Dolphins Defense - 9th in points allowed

2007 Dolphins Offense - 26th in points scored

2008 Dolphins Offense - 23rd in points scored

Edited by JohnnyHector
fixed quote

Yeah i probably would have, like i said on draft day that is what i was hoping for. the alternative was being forced to draft Gholston because he was really the pick you had to take at that spot. I probably would have given future picks though instead of depleting my picks that year.

Then you're looking at trading the #6 pick this year and a 1st and 3rd rounder next year, at minimum.

You must be a better evaluator of talent than I, because I wasn't sold on Ryan period, nevermind being willing to give up that many picks for him.

Then you're looking at trading the #6 pick this year and a 1st and 3rd rounder next year, at minimum.

You must be a better evaluator of talent than I, because I wasn't sold on Ryan period, nevermind being willing to give up that many picks for him.

I am not saying I am Mel Kiper, but I think there is a thread documented here somewhere before the draft where I was hoping for Ryan. It was really mostly about knowing we needed to go in a new direction and absolutely hating Clemens and thinking Ryan had a good shot at at least being a top 15 NFL qb who could handle the pressure. Truth be told I was also hoping For Leinart so like I said I am no great sage of wisdom. At this point though, I am interested to see what we have in Ratliff when Favre is done playing, i think that kid showed a hell of a lot of promise and excitement for us, MUCH MUCH more than KC ever has in preseason of regular season for sure.

My posting that has nothing to do with my opinion of the Miami Dolphins as a team, but merely as a challenge to the notion that their turnaround is due to the presence of one James Chadwick Pennington.

Chris Carter was on Mike and Mike this morning and said it perfectly. Said point blank that the guy who he refered to last year as having a water pistol arm, that carter underestimated how much of a leader he his and the attention he commands from his teammates. He went down there and did a piece on him and said he was flat out wrong about Penningtons effectiveness in being a leader for the whole team. Keep in mind this is a guy who really tore into pennington a lot, so he is no CP lover or fan, that is for sure.

My posting that has nothing to do with my opinion of the Miami Dolphins as a team, but merely as a challenge to the notion that their turnaround is due to the presence of one James Chadwick Pennington.

Chad is a major part of our turnaround. Having a mistake free QB under center week in and week out is a major component of a winning team. I'm in no way discounting the superb job done by the defense and coaching staff, but having Chad in Miami, playing well, is of immense importance.

Chad is a major part of our turnaround. Having a mistake free QB under center week in and week out is a major component of a winning team. I'm in no way discounting the superb job done by the defense and coaching staff, but having Chad in Miami, playing well, is of immense importance.

No doubt he's played pretty much error free for you guys. But with the game on the line say at your own 25 with 55 seconds left it's pretty much GAME OVAH with Chad under center. :P

I am not saying I am Mel Kiper, but I think there is a thread documented here somewhere before the draft where I was hoping for Ryan. It was really mostly about knowing we needed to go in a new direction and absolutely hating Clemens and thinking Ryan had a good shot at at least being a top 15 NFL qb who could handle the pressure. Truth be told I was also hoping For Leinart so like I said I am no great sage of wisdom. At this point though, I am interested to see what we have in Ratliff when Favre is done playing, i think that kid showed a hell of a lot of promise and excitement for us, MUCH MUCH more than KC ever has in preseason of regular season for sure.

I'm with you Joe on Ratliff. I'd really like to see the CS give him a fair shot once Brett hangs them up. I was impressed and excited by what I saw of him this preseason. I'm also impressed by the fact that he's always around Favre soaking up as much knowledge as he can. I haven't really seen Clemens much this year. ::GoJets:

well as a counterpoint, are we really doing any better this season than those years? But did we spend in those two earlier years like we did this year? Also, were the 03 and 05 seasons 1-15 that we were coming off of? (granted 05was bad but we did lose 2 starting qbs for the season in one series near the beginning of the season but we were still better than 1-15).

Remains to be seen, no?

They have great coaching, a defense that has held the opposing offense without a td in 4 of the last 5 games and an easy schedule, all of which can do wonders for an unproductive play not to lose noodle arm..

Chris Carter was on Mike and Mike this morning and said it perfectly. Said point blank that the guy who he refered to last year as having a water pistol arm, that carter underestimated how much of a leader he his and the attention he commands from his teammates. He went down there and did a piece on him and said he was flat out wrong about Penningtons effectiveness in being a leader for the whole team. Keep in mind this is a guy who really tore into pennington a lot, so he is no CP lover or fan, that is for sure.

He's also a simple minded fool chasing a sexy story. Everyone will see next year when Chad plays the AFC and NFC south instead of the the AFC and NFC west.

It's facts Jack

And we have plenty of proof of Chads ineffective heliflutters in december

Wait, you're about to see a few in a couple of weeks

Having watched Favre turn into a dink and dunk passer this year, I can put aside my fears of Chad throwing flutter balls like he did with the Jets. He's not a strong arm QB, but I have seen some serious mustard coming from his arm this year. Think about it, this year Chad has completed his longest pass for a TD in his career and, he's also completed his longest run from scrimmage this year. Our coaches get the most out of Chad, the same can't be said for NY's system.

He's also a simple minded fool chasing a sexy story. Everyone will see next year when Chad plays the AFC and NFC south instead of the the AFC and NFC west.

Exactly. I know this sounds crazy, but as fans we have the right to be level headed about things. All these guys NEED stories, that's their jobs. Making stories out of nothing, villanizing people, vaunting people, etc.

Chad is, and will always be a good QB. He's not a GREAT QB, I for one as a Jet fan was hoping that with our roster that we can reach the next level without CP. He can get into the playoffs but his struggles in the playoffs are well documented. If you're not the fan of the team it's hard not to like the guy. I never hated him... I hate the people that try to make him out to be something he's not.

Having watched Favre turn into a dink and dunk passer this year, I can put aside my fears of Chad throwing flutter balls like he did with the Jets. He's not a strong arm QB, but I have seen some serious mustard coming from his arm this year. Think about it, this year Chad has completed his longest pass for a TD in his career and, he's also completed his longest run from scrimmage this year. Our coaches get the most out of Chad, the same can't be said for NY's system.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's utterly insane the way this team is coached. The front office needs to be completely blown up for letting Chad go to a division rival and get nothing in return for him. The coaching staff needs to be dropped of a cliff for being un imaginative and stubborn. We lose to teams that on paper shouldn't even hold a candle to us. I don't even care if we do get to the playoffs, Mangini has got to go. If we lose to Miami, then so be it and good luck Chad.

It's funny, all year on this board I've been hearing "wait till Chad this" and "wait till Chad that" and yet, none of those predictions have come to fruition yet. Keep on putting out your hypothetical situations, just remember, none have yet come true.

In regards to next years schedule, I say bring it on. Guess what? AFC and NFC south divisions have no west coast games. Once the schedules are set we will have maybe 1 game against a west coast team, and it's 50/50 on where it will be played. So we take the whole variable of travel out of the equation. Also, nobody knows what teams are going to be like in consecutive years, who would have guessed Arizona or Baltimore or Atlanta or even Miami would be so competitive this year. Not me, and likely none of you. We have to wait till next year, after a few games have been played before we make predictions on the toughness of certain divisions.