Pennington's revenge

Jet Moses

It's funny, all year on this board I've been hearing "wait till Chad this" and "wait till Chad that" and yet, none of those predictions have come to fruition yet. Keep on putting out your hypothetical situations, just remember, none have yet come true.

Not me, the year you're having is the one I predicted for the Jets in 2008 and was also the one I was dreading..

In regards to next years schedule, I say bring it on. Guess what? AFC and NFC south divisions have no west coast games. Once the schedules are set we will have maybe 1 game against a west coast team, and it's 50/50 on where it will be played. So we take the whole variable of travel out of the equation. Also, nobody knows what teams are going to be like in consecutive years, who would have guessed Arizona or Baltimore or Atlanta or even Miami would be so competitive this year. Not me, and likely none of you. We have to wait till next year, after a few games have been played before we make predictions on the toughness of certain divisions.

The variance isn't as great as you'd think it is..

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't agree with you more. It's utterly insane the way this team is coached. The front office needs to be completely blown up for letting Chad go to a division rival and get nothing in return for him. The coaching staff needs to be dropped of a cliff for being un imaginative and stubborn. We lose to teams that on paper shouldn't even hold a candle to us. I don't even care if we do get to the playoffs, Mangini has got to go. If we lose to Miami, then so be it and good luck Chad.

Gee thanks, how am I supposed to troll with you agreeing with me ;)

It's funny, all year on this board I've been hearing "wait till Chad this" and "wait till Chad that" and yet, none of those predictions have come to fruition yet. Keep on putting out your hypothetical situations, just remember, none have yet come true.

In regards to next years schedule, I say bring it on. Guess what? AFC and NFC south divisions have no west coast games. Once the schedules are set we will have maybe 1 game against a west coast team, and it's 50/50 on where it will be played. So we take the whole variable of travel out of the equation. Also, nobody knows what teams are going to be like in consecutive years, who would have guessed Arizona or Baltimore or Atlanta or even Miami would be so competitive this year. Not me, and likely none of you. We have to wait till next year, after a few games have been played before we make predictions on the toughness of certain divisions.

Let me educate you on the Curse of Pennington:

2002 - Chad great, Jets win division, leading to big expectations.

2003 - Chad breaks hand in preseason, season lost.

2004 - Chad good, Jets go 10-6, make playoffs, huge expectations for '05 including many predicting a Jets Super Bowl.

2005 - Chad starts out the season by fumbling seven times in KC, hurt by week three, season over.

2006 - Healthy Chad actually starts and finishes 16 games, Jets go 10-6, make playoffs.

2007 - Chad ****s the bed and is benched in week 8.

2008 - Chad leads overachieving Dolphins team to winning record following distastrous '07.

2009 - ????

Notice a pattern developing here?

Let me educate you on the Curse of Pennington:

2002 - Chad great, Jets win division, leading to big expectations.

2003 - Chad breaks hand in preseason, season lost.

2004 - Chad good, Jets go 10-6, make playoffs, huge expectations for '05 including many predicting a Jets Super Bowl.

2005 - Chad starts out the season by fumbling seven times in KC, hurt by week three, season over.

2006 - Healthy Chad actually starts and finishes 16 games, Jets go 10-6, make playoffs.

2007 - Chad ****s the bed and is benched in week 8.

2008 - Chad leads overachieving Dolphins team to winning record following distastrous '07.

2009 - ????

Notice a pattern developing here?

Care to post one of those about Favre from 1998 and on? He's better than Chad at choking in big games, NFC Championship last year, 2 losing seasons in a row before that, choking in the Superbowl against Denver etc... Notice a pattern developing here.

Care to post one of those about Favre from 1998 and on? He's better than Chad at choking in big games, NFC Championship last year, 2 losing seasons in a row before that, choking in the Superbowl against Denver etc... Notice a pattern developing here.

Favre also got into the SB. And won one.

Something Chad Pennington will NEVER achieve. If it did happen it would be with an insane defense with a incredible running game. We're talking Pittsburgh/Baltimore level.

Think about it, this year Chad has completed his longest pass for a TD in his career and,

You're referring to the 3-yard pass to Cobbs, that was then run like 75 yards to the endzone? :rl:

Yeah, he threw one of those to Leon in '06 also. Only reason it stopped at 61 yards is because the endzone stopped him. No one on your sorry team was catching Leon whether it was 61 yards or 91 yards.

Same thing with the "71-yard TD pass" to Cotchery, which required a singularly improbable catch & run to turn into a TD. Suffice to say the pass didn't travel half that distance.

Same thing again with the "46-yard touchdown pass" he threw to Coles, whereby LC had to break about 6 tackles for Chad to get credit for a long TD pass.

These long passes - it's not like he was hitting guys in stride on 25-yard slants.

he's also completed his longest run from scrimmage this year.

You mean the 16-yard run that tied his career best? This is an accomplishment? A 39 year-old geezer like Favre, who looked like he was running in 4 feet of water, just ran one 27 yards. Big freaking deal.

Our coaches get the most out of Chad, the same can't be said for NY's system.

I don't disagree with this at all. But then, getting the most out of Chad means you're lucky to score 20 points in a game. Pretty pathetic.

He's having a good season, nothing more. He's thrown few picks this year because he plays sissy ball, same as most of his tenure with the Jets. With a solid defense, a solid ground game, and a weak schedule, that's fine.

A team can only go so far with him. He has begun his curse on your franchise. The curse of the tease. Wait until he lambastes a Sun-Sentinel reporter for wasting the privilege of covering the Miami Dolphins in their faggoty turquoise & orange costumes.

Favre also got into the SB. And won one.

Something Chad Pennington will NEVER achieve. If it did happen it would be with an insane defense with a incredible running game. We're talking Pittsburgh/Baltimore level.

Too bad he didn't get to the Superbowl with the Jets.

Insane defense like not giving up TD's?

Insane running game, like having a 3 headed monster in the backfield with all backs being good runners and having excelent hands?

Too bad he didn't get to the Superbowl with the Jets.

Insane defense like not giving up TD's?

Insane running game, like having a 3 headed monster in the backfield with all backs being good runners and having excelent hands?

I gave you my references. If you are comparing Miami to Pittsburgh and Baltimore A) you're a moron and B) do not warrant any intelligent conversation.

Yes it is too bad, but to try and compare Favre and Pennington is asinine. Twist and spin all you want. Truthfully I wish TX was around because at least that dude knew football. You're no better then Skip Bayless.

Farve got farther last year at the age of 38 than Chad will ever go.

Your mancrush has never made it to a conference championship game and never will.

Thanks for proving my point. Man, you make this way too easy.

I am not saying I am Mel Kiper, but I think there is a thread documented here somewhere before the draft where I was hoping for Ryan. It was really mostly about knowing we needed to go in a new direction and absolutely hating Clemens and thinking Ryan had a good shot at at least being a top 15 NFL qb who could handle the pressure. Truth be told I was also hoping For Leinart so like I said I am no great sage of wisdom. At this point though, I am interested to see what we have in Ratliff when Favre is done playing, i think that kid showed a hell of a lot of promise and excitement for us, MUCH MUCH more than KC ever has in preseason of regular season for sure.

That's fine if you're just talking about drafting the guy, but making a move to get up to the #3 pick to grab him is an entirely different story when you consider how much it would cost to make that trade.

That's fine if you're just talking about drafting the guy, but making a move to get up to the #3 pick to grab him is an entirely different story when you consider how much it would cost to make that trade.

Essentially your franchise for 2 years. I'm sure it'd require some form of #1's and #2's

I gave you my references. If you are comparing Miami to Pittsburgh and Baltimore A) you're a moron and B) do not warrant any intelligent conversation.

Yes it is too bad, but to try and compare Favre and Pennington is asinine. Twist and spin all you want. Truthfully I wish TX was around because at least that dude knew football. You're no better then Skip Bayless.

Thank you for putting words, I didn't write, into my posts. Please, I implore you, find 1 post where I compared Miami to Pittsburgh or Baltimore. The references I made in my post were refrences to Miami's team not giving up TD's and our running game being stout.

Go to the lounge if you want to talk to tx, otherwise quit twisting my posts around.

Thank you for putting words, I didn't write, into my posts. Please, I implore you, find 1 post where I compared Miami to Pittsburgh or Baltimore. The references I made in my post were refrences to Miami's team not giving up TD's and our running game being stout.

Go to the lounge if you want to talk to tx, otherwise quit twisting my posts around.

Key word was IF. IF you are comparing.

Didn't say you were.

You must've gone to UCF :)

The jets deserve whatever miserable fate they receive. They played to lose yesterday and deserved to lose. Besides Leon, Revis, Cotch and Mangold...I feel like most of the JETS players don't consistently play ALL-OUT, all the time! It infuriates me that these players play such a listless brand of football....particularly when they are one of the most talent loaded teams in the league. I completely support Chad having success ANYWHERE he plays, because no one player gave more to the Jets over the past eight years. He at least tried DAMN hard every day, every game! And now that he's leading another team and winning, I'm all for him!

**Disclaimer** I sure hope we pull it together and kick the crap out of miami and win this division!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one reason (two times) that Chad never made a conference championship game: Doug Brien AND Doug Brien!!!!! If you don't know this, you're not a Jets fan and a moron.

Actually, there are two reasons, and here they are:

041020_hermanedwards_vmed_6p.widec.jpg

Sorry guys, take two of those fingers down... you only scored THREE points on offense.

PS - I guess I'm a moron and a non-Jets fan.

I'm hoping that Miami and New York both win out... Personally I'd like to see a winner take all, loser goes home finale. Pennington vs. Favre? Dolphins vs. Jets? Even better. I hate the Jets, probably more than the Patriots. Why? Because when I was at the Meadowlands last year, they weren't too nice to me. In fact, one or two fans were throwing bottles at my friend. Bottles, man? C'mon...

The only thing I am not excited for is John Madden covering this game because it will get flexed because it's a huge game and it's, as Madden would say, "if I could have a team of 10 guys, they'd all be Brett Favre!... Brett Favre!!!" Oh John Madden...

Just want to add one thing to this debate....can we stop with the "Dolphins have a weak schedule" comments?

Look it up boys, with the exception of TWO games, the Phins and Jets have the EXACT same opponents on their respective schedules.

The two differences? The Jets played Tennessee and Cincinnati, the Dolphins played Houston and Baltimore.

Tennessee and Cincinnati combined? 14-13-1.

Houston and Baltimore combined? 16-12.

Think before you speak.

Just want to add one thing to this debate....can we stop with the "Dolphins have a weak schedule" comments?

Look it up boys, with the exception of TWO games, the Phins and Jets have the EXACT same opponents on their respective schedules.

The two differences? The Jets played Tennessee and Cincinnati, the Dolphins played Houston and Baltimore.

Tennessee and Cincinnati combined? 14-13-1.

Houston and Baltimore combined? 16-12.

Think before you speak.

They also received Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle & San Diego at HOME while the Jets have to / had to travel to all four locations. Sure they had to go out to St.Louis and Kansas City, but those arn't nearly as bas as heading to California three times and Washington another. They also got their game in Buffalo in a nice cozy, 73 degree dome with plenty of Dolphin fans since tickets were made very available to anyone.

They also received Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle & San Diego at HOME while the Jets have to / had to travel to all four locations. Sure they had to go out to St.Louis and Kansas City, but those arn't nearly as bas as heading to California three times and Washington another. They also got their game in Buffalo in a nice cozy, 73 degree dome with plenty of Dolphin fans since tickets were made very available to anyone.

And they also played AT Houston, AT Denver, and AT Arizona.

It all evens out.

Oh, and the Jets had to go on the road to the undefeated Titans (the better of the two teams) while Miami got their better of the two teams (Baltimore), at home.

I mean, you're right, there isn't much of a difference, but there is some. Miami did have an easier schedule in terms of travel and where they had to face their opponents.

And they also played AT Houston, AT Denver, and AT Arizona.

It all evens out.

No it doesn't. Shorter distances and time zones. There is a difference. Slight, but there is a difference. Miami has had an easier road to this point, including an extra home game. (Jets have played 7 at home, Miami 8).

Man...you guys are really reaching, aren't ya? :P

And you could say Miami has only had 5 games instead of 6. 5 road games and 1 neutral site in another country.

;)

Kidding of course, although there were more Miami fans than usual since the game was in Toronto.

And you could say Miami has only had 5 games instead of 6. 5 road games and 1 neutral site in another country.

;)

Kidding of course, although there were more Miami fans than usual since the game was in Toronto.

I can use that one against ya...think of how far the Jets had to go to play Buffalo, and how far the Phins had to travel up to Canada. ;)

Another hilarious "**** my pants" type thread. Gotta love it.

And by the way CTM, the Dolphins offense has only given up 10 takeaways this year. You think Penny has something to do with that?

By not turning the ball over he's set our defense up with some long fields. Not to mention those "dink and dunk" passes you guys love so much have helped us control the clock in many of our wins.

I still laugh at the fact after all the money you guys spent this offseason, and the draft picks you gave up for Favre, we took your starting Qb from last year and have the same record with two to play.

Man...you guys are really reaching, aren't ya? :P

It's not a reach. West coast teams coming east and playing at 1pm are something like 0-20. When a WC team comes east they get up for the game at like 5am equiviliant for them..

Another hilarious "**** my pants" type thread. Gotta love it.

And by the way CTM, the Dolphins offense has only given up 10 takeaways this year. You think Penny has something to do with that?

By not turning the ball over he's set our defense up with some long fields. Not to mention those "dink and dunk" passes you guys love so much have helped us control the clock in many of our wins.

I still laugh at the fact after all the money you guys spent this offseason, and the draft picks you gave up for Favre, we took your starting Qb from last year and have the same record with two to play.

And I'll laugh when you commit to Chad this offseason...

What does my reputation have to do with it? Am I Wrong that Herm destroyed Pennington's shoulder?

Herm was a bad coach. Still is.

But that having been said, QBs get hit. Good ones, bad ones, etc.

Was it Herm's fault that Chad dove for a first down and took a bad hit? Was it Herms fault that Chad fell poorly on his wrist when he was rolling out of the pocket?

At the end of the day, Chad got hurt because of a hit, not because of many.

Do you blame Marvin Lewis for Carson Palmers ACL?

Do you blame Bill Belicheck for Brady's Knee?

Do you blame Marty Shottenheimer for Brees's shoulder?

It's the NFL, every QB gets hit, more than once. Some take it, others don't.

Chad is a major part of our turnaround. Having a mistake free QB under center week in and week out is a major component of a winning team. I'm in no way discounting the superb job done by the defense and coaching staff, but having Chad in Miami, playing well, is of immense importance.

I hate Chad more than most. But this is true.

That having been said, he still runs the 23rd ranked scoring offense, so all you're really getting with him is a lack of the negatives.

The point remains, as it always had, that Chad cannot lead a high powered offense. He has not proven any differently. Chad plays offense. Offense has an affect on defense and the whole team, but at the end of the day, he's responsible for the success of the offense primarily. And the Miami Dolphin offense is not at all impressive.

Archived