Watching Elam blitz from the blind side was encouraging...

Steveg

IT WAS A RUN BLITZ ALL THE WAY. The JETS got lucky that it happened to be a pass and Elam was coming from the blind side. Pure ass luck. They were trying to make it 3 and long at the two minute mark. Hoping to get the ball back with about 1:12 left in the game.

IT WAS A RUN BLITZ ALL THE WAY. The JETS got lucky that it happened to be a pass and Elam was coming from the blind side. Pure ass luck. They were trying to make it 3 and long at the two minute mark. Hoping to get the ball back with about 1:12 left in the game.

It had to be a run blitz in that situation...But at least they sent someone flying in from the outside. We don't see that enough these days..

The jets blitzed 4 times out of 44 plays. PATHETIC.

Really? Because I can't remember a blitz besides the Elam blitz. This team has to blitz more to get better pressure and help the secondary which aside from Revis has been downright awful this year.

how does everyone know that if they blitzed more the 1 blitz at the end would have still worked?

what im trying to say is it doesn't really matter how they got there, just that they eventually got there. We'd all be happy if every game was a 40 point Jets blowout of the other team but that's not how life works.

Imagine if it had been Gholston instead of Elam....

Oh wait, he wasn't active yesterday..

Actually you're wrong. Gholston was earning his money at the Meadowlads yesterday. He was whipping up quite a tasty feast at the sausage & peppers concession on the mezzanine level. And people say the kid isn't pulling his weight.

Really? Because I can't remember a blitz besides the Elam blitz. This team has to blitz more to get better pressure and help the secondary which aside from Revis has been downright awful this year.

They blitzed a bunch of times on the drive where Losman carved us up in the 4th. Granted, they were just sending one or two extra guys straight up the middle, but they were blitzing. They need to be more creative (I'd like to see them overload one way or the other instead of just sending the ILB). Oh, and they need to let Kris Jenkins sleep for a week and dose him up on adderal on game day. The dude is clearly tired.

we blitzed....unfortunately fatgini's idea of blitzing is sending a 4th guy (maybe a 5th once or twice if he really wants to push the envelope) straight up the middle into a pile of o-linemen.

I also love how instead of trying to run around or find an open lane our "blitzers" just run straight into the olinemen.

Archived