• Jets vs. Patriots
    • Packers vs. Vikings
    • Broncos vs. Raiders
    • Steelers vs. Browns
    • Eagles vs. Giants
    • Chiefs vs. Raiders
    • Bears vs. Packers
    • Cowboys vs. Redskins

agreed. minnesota needs to have a bad-ass outdoor stadium like green bay and chicago.

They used too, back in the day (wish we could've been around to see it) and it was one of the top 5 biggest home field advantages in NFL history come November through the end of the season.

I say present-day it has to be Jets vs. Pats.

All the intrigue that comes with Belly/Parcells and Mangini/Belly, the handshake (or lack thereof), us finally knocking off "the bully" as the players called it.

Miami we own as of late so it really isn't a rivalry as much as Jets vs. Pats. The same could be said for the Pats owning us... but we we're the last ones to win :).

I love the Steelers and Ravens because there is a genuine dislike between the two teams. It is really and old school rivalry like you used to have when the Raiders and the Steelers in the 70's, Cowboys and Redskins and the Jets and the Fish.

Eagles and Cowboys is always alot of fun because the Eagles fans are just out of their minds when it comes to their hatred of the Cowboys.

I have no idea if we're talking all time rivalry. I don't think such a thing exists.

Current rivalries are the only thing any of us are really qualified to comment on.

The essence of a great rivalry is the magnitude of the games played between the two teams. You need two teams that consistently inflict painful losses on the other.

That being the case, I think the best three rivalries in the NFL all involve the New England Patriots.

1a) Steelers vs Patriots

1b) Colts vs Patriots

3) Chargers vs Patriots

Note: The Jets rivalry with the Patriots has the potential to surpass them all but the Jets simply don't win often enough. Even when the Jets are good (by their standards anyway) they're not viewed as legitimate Super Bowl contenders. I mean seriously, how many times have the Jets won more than 10 games in a season? Twice? Three times? I know it's not many.

I have no idea if we're talking all time rivalry. I don't think such a thing exists.

Current rivalries are the only thing any of us are really qualified to comment on.

The essence of a great rivalry is the magnitude of the games played between the two teams. You need two teams that consistently inflict painful losses on the other.

That being the case, I think the best three rivalries in the NFL all involve the New England Patriots.

1a) Steelers vs Patriots

1b) Colts vs Patriots

3) Chargers vs Patriots

Note: The Jets rivalry with the Patriots has the potential to surpass them all but the Jets simply don't win often enough. Even when the Jets are good (by their standards anyway) they're not viewed as legitimate Super Bowl contenders. I mean seriously, how many times have the Jets won more than 10 games in a season? Twice? Three times? I know it's not many.

I've been a fan for over 20 years and seen it twice. My first year that I remember well 1985, and 1998

This franchise blows..

The best rivalries of all-time are restricted to eras.

1970's = Raiders and Steelers

1980's = 49ers and Cowboys (early 80's)

= 49ers and Giants (late 80's)

1990's = 49ers and Cowboys

2000's = Patriots and Colts

= Patriots and Steelers

The one common ingredient is that all of the teams involved won Super Bowls and were consistently good for a prolonged period of time.

Domes have rendered the NFC North rivalries boring.

You play in Minnesota and you want to play under a dome to make it more hospitable? How dumb is that?

I'm pretty sure they're getting a new one. I had a friend in high school that was a Vikings fan and he would always look at the blue prints of the thing and take vitrual tours. That was three years ago, though, so maybe plans changed.