Chiefs president/GM Carl Peterson resigns

yisman

http://www.kansascity.com/666/story/937972.html

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson resigned today effective at the end of the season.

“On behalf of my family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, I want to thank Carl for his two decades of service to the Chiefs,” Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said. “Both Carl and I agreed that immediately initiating the search for the next Chiefs general manager would be the best thing for the future of the organization, and he will be resigning following the 2008 season.’’

Hunt said the search for a new general manager will begin immediately. Vice President Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs' interim president and general manager.

Whoever they hire will determine Herm's fait and according to Chris Mortensen on Sportscenter about a half hour ago he said that our own Terry Bradway will be considered a legitimate option for KC to hire which would be good news for Herm.

owner loves hermie

i think Petersen will be the scapegoat!!

No owner loves losing and angry fans. Two wins in the last 22 games? He's history.

No way Hunt saddles his brand new GM with the stipulation that he must retain the worst HC in the NFL. One whose teams have won 4 or fewer games in 3 of the past 4 seasons.

The only exception I can think of is Bradway. Then again, Bradway probably hates Herm after that crap he pulled with Vermeil/Peterson during their last season here.

No owner loves losing and angry fans. Two wins in the last 22 games? He's history.

No way Hunt saddles his brand new GM with the stipulation that he must retain the worst HC in the NFL. One whose teams have won 4 or fewer games in 3 of the past 4 seasons.

The only exception I can think of is Bradway. Then again, Bradway probably hates Herm after that crap he pulled with Vermeil/Peterson during their last season here.

i can dream can't I:D

C'mon. The GM has to be first. You don't bring in a new GM after a new HC hire, and you don't bring in a new GM and say he's not allowed to fire the guy who took over a 10-6 team and has 15 wins in the 3 years since then.

This sums up my thoughts.

http://kan.scout.com/2/821730.html

Chiefs Nation pumped its collective fist, jumped in the air, screamed, got drunk, fell down, stood up again and partied like it was 1989 when it heard Carl Peterson would have to buy a ticket to attend future games at Arrowhead Stadium Monday afternoon. Yes, Peterson is out as KC's General Manager/President/CEO/Draft Bust Artist/Leather Jacket Model, but is all this celebrating really appropriate?

That

Archived