Help me with my PS3.

Jets Babe

I love my PS3. I got it before it even came out...(long story).

Anyways, it's the original 20g one. It doesn't have wireless. I love bluray and I love the PS3 games...but what are other cool things I can do? Help me make the most out of its features!!

You can add photos and music to it...dont forget you can download a ton of free game demos as well...

Oh yeah, and one of these days, you can get your Bluetooth hooked up to it and play me in Madden....

Your PS3 doesn't have wireless ? Humm. I have one of the original ones too, the 60gb. I assumed they all came with wireless. I would go on ebay, and you can find a wireless router cheap.

I think only the 20gb wasn't wireless.

I think the 20gb and 40gb also didnt have backwards compatibility (able to play PS2 games) as well.

Anything 60gb or higher should be wireless.

I think only the 20gb wasn't wireless.

I think the 20gb and 40gb also didnt have backwards compatibility (able to play PS2 games) as well.

Anything 60gb or higher should be wireless.

20gb CAN play PS2 games

It can also just plug into your router if your close enough... if not then here is a good gaming wireless adapter...

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16873999102

You set it up on your PC first so it recognizes your network... then you plug it into your PS3...

Once you do that you will be able to download updates for your PS3 and buy cool games in the PS Store... that will add fun for sure...

20gb CAN play PS2 games

It can also just plug into your router if your close enough... if not then here is a good gaming wireless adapter...

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16873999102

You set it up on your PC first so it recognizes your network... then you plug it into your PS3...

Once you do that you will be able to download updates for your PS3 and buy cool games in the PS Store... that will add fun for sure...

Ok, altho I was pretty sure there was a model that couldn't.

Anyway the diff models concept was pretty retarded to begin with....they're not ipods for chrissakes.

crap. yeah i kept seeing that but i didn't want to believe it! lol. looks like i'm going to return it.

anyways, i went to best buy, game stop, and target and none of them had an adapter to plug into the ethernet port. looks like i'll be going on ebay.

wait! look what i found...

http://cgi.ebay.com/h8-Wireless-USB-Adapter-WiFi-For-Sony-PS3-PSP-1000-2000_W0QQitemZ110317963329QQcmdZViewItem

odd. it says:

WiFi MAX is your ticket to the exciting world of online gaming, and it couldn't be simpler to use. Just plug your USB WiFi dongle into your internet-enabled PC to create a Wireless Access Point. You can then connect to the internet and play online-enabled multiplayer games from all over the world. Just the thing if you don't have a wireless router! Best of all, so you and your mates can all play online at once with no loss of speed!

so maybe i can create an "access point" through my computer and do that?

i'm so confused. :(

crap. yeah i kept seeing that but i didn't want to believe it! lol. looks like i'm going to return it.

anyways, i went to best buy, game stop, and target and none of them had an adapter to plug into the ethernet port. looks like i'll be going on ebay.

wait! look what i found...

http://cgi.ebay.com/h8-Wireless-USB-Adapter-WiFi-For-Sony-PS3-PSP-1000-2000_W0QQitemZ110317963329QQcmdZViewItem

odd. it says:

so maybe i can create an "access point" through my computer and do that?

i'm so confused. :(

That is if your PS3 had wireless you could make your PC the connection point rather than your wireless router.

Archived