9-5, 1st place AFC East

LionelRichie

with all of the negativity i thought i would throw in a little reminder. the NY Jets are 9-5, 1st place, control their own destiny, have already beaten the top AFC team on the road, and are 2 wins from at least 1 home playoff game.

you are what your record says you are.

cheer up. this team has the talent to win the AFC THIS YEAR.

with all of the negativity i thought i would throw in a little reminder. the NY Jets are 9-5, 1st place, control their own destiny, have already beaten the top AFC team on the road, and are 2 wins from at least 1 home playoff game.

Next you will be telling me..you will be dancing on the ceiling;)

i agree 100% when i said before the KC game that we will end the year 8-2 and win the division all the negative fans called me out for it. well 2 more wins and it all comes true.

:yawn:

Sorry, won't get excited again.. Maybe if we string together 3 solid games going into the divisional round, but as of now I think the team stinks and the coaching really stinks.

yes, there have been a lot of negatives this year but overall this team has the potential to put it all together. i hate the 'soft' defense and lack of adjustments but the team is still 9-5.

you remember the ill-fated leon johnson pass vs. the lions? even great coaches have bad games. lets see what happens this week - if the jets lose for a 4th time to a ****ty west coast team i will be the first to call for em's head.

i don't know why but i have a feeling the jets are going to dominate the next 2 weeks and roll into the playoffs.

yes, there have been a lot of negatives this year but overall this team has the potential to put it all together. i hate the 'soft' defense and lack of adjustments but the team is still 9-5.

you remember the ill-fated leon johnson pass vs. the lions? even great coaches have bad games. lets see what happens this week - if the jets lose for a 4th time to a ****ty west coast team i will be the first to call for em's head.

i don't know why but i have a feeling the jets are going to dominate the next 2 weeks and roll into the playoffs.

What is happening here?

Something is going on

Thats not quite clear

Somebody turn on the light

Were gonna have a party

Its starting tonight

Oh, what a feeling!

When were dancing on the ceiling

The room is hot...thats good

Some of my friends came

By from the neighbourhood

People were starting

To climb the walls

Ooh, it looks like everybody

Is having a ball

I can't tell you how badly I hope you are correct....

I can't tell you how badly I hope you are correct....

He is right. I know we will beat the Seahawks in a blowout, something similar to the Rams game, and the Dolphins we will beat by 3 touchdowns like I said in that other topic.

Here is another prediction I will have. Brett Favre will have a 300 yard passing day in one of these games, I think probably the Dolphins game.

yeh they need to have a strip sack in the 4th quarter to win the game, when will the defense step up? WHEN?

Were you satisfied with the way the defense played?

Sure, the O played like crap in the 2nd half, but if the D came to play...that game isnt close.

Again, it seems the D needs a complete overhaul. Every other LB than Harris, can be upgraded.

yeah if only they were 13-0

or 12-1

anything less than that is "stinky"

Bit the team has regressed, which is my problem. They seem to have peaked around the TN came and are on the wrong side of the hill now..

ALso, my post is about managing my own expectations rather then reality. I drank the kool aid after the TN game and they burned me, so what I'm saying is that for now, I assume they stink until they show otherwise.. Easier to deal with it..

I can promise you that only family health problems are a scenario I dread more then not making the playoffs at the hand of Miami this year..

Football seasons are roller coasters. For everyone. Look at the mighty Giants. And look at the Giants a year ago, and what they then did in the post season. This Jets team in hard to figure out. But one week Favre threw 6 TDs and for a string of 5 games he was playing as solid a QB position as anybody. We have Jones and Washington. Clowney might give us a deep threat. The run defense has been stout most of the time. The pass defense is the real weakness of this team, but everything clicked when we beat the great Titans.

All I am saying is forget the last few games. We are 9-5 and control our own destiny with two very winnable remaining games.

Football seasons are roller coasters. For everyone. Look at the mighty Giants. And look at the Giants a year ago, and what they then did in the post season. This Jets team in hard to figure out. But one week Favre threw 6 TDs and for a string of 5 games he was playing as solid a QB position as anybody. We have Jones and Washington. Clowney might give us a deep threat. The run defense has been stout most of the time. The pass defense is the real weakness of this team, but everything clicked when we beat the great Titans.

All I am saying is forget the last few games. We are 9-5 and control our own destiny with two very winnable remaining games.

the part of this that is not working in our favor is that we are back to the west coast again...then back to new york. These trips ahve proven costly and I believe both of the next two games will be very very close.

He is right. I know we will beat the Seahawks in a blowout, something similar to the Rams game, and the Dolphins we will beat by 3 touchdowns like I said in that other topic.

Here is another prediction I will have. Brett Favre will have a 300 yard passing day in one of these games, I think probably the Dolphins game.

I would rather see a 200 yard rushing day. That usually means the team is protecting a big lead.

Big passing yards usually mean a shoot out, or a come from behind attempt

They were 8-3 and controlled their own destiny... and lost two games that should have been won... hell at least the home game...

All of us want this team to win it all... otherwise we wouldnt submit ourselves to the torture... but you have to remember what a HC named Herm just recently did to us... and Mangini hasnt even been able to accomplish what he did...

Okay, wow so the team is going to make the wildcard round of the playoffs and get blown out! again! YAY! I'm so excited.

I wouldnt say they will get blown out... but some of these people seem to forget we BASH Herm for only taking this team to the divisional round... and yet here is Mangini... following the same damn path...

I wouldnt say they will get blown out... but some of these people seem to forget we BASH Herm for only taking this team to the divisional round... and yet here is Mangini... following the same damn path...

If the jets play like the have been playing these past few weeks against bottom tier teams they get blown out in the playoffs. I'm talking about a 30 point loss here. The Jets can play better than this and have. The only question is: why aren't they?

If the jets play like the have been playing these past few weeks against bottom tier teams they get blown out in the playoffs. I'm talking about a 30 point loss here. The Jets can play better than this and have. The only question is: why aren't they?

No, the question is will they? What they have done the last two weeks doesn't matter any more than what they did against the Titans. We don't know, so hope for the best.

We're not going to lose to Seattle fellas.

Or OAK or San Fran... lol... you could see why people are uneasy...

I think the JETS win out and make it into the playoffs... wish it were just that time already... I hate the wait...

I wouldnt exactly say people are happy with Mangini at this point.

The problem with the Herm teams and now this one...the Divisional round seems to be the ceiling.

I wouldnt exactly say people are happy with Mangini at this point.

The problem with the Herm teams and now this one...the Divisional round seems to be the ceiling.

Thats what drives me nuts... and the usually problem arises... some people feel like they are entitled to be "better" or "real" fans because they don't question the poor coaching...

If they play like this, we won't even get into the playoffs. Everybody acts like the Seahawks are a foregone conclusion. We made Shaun Hill and JP Losman look like pro bowl QBs, well Seneca Wallace has actually thrown for 3 TDs before, so it's going to be pretty bad.

I don't think it's even that we undestimated teams the past few weeks. Sure, the Broncos maybe, but then the Niners and Bills right after that? No I'm not buying it. This team and especially the coaching just isn't all that great. Mangini doesn't even know what he wants to do. It seems like they want to be a pass first offense, since that's what BB does, but we don't have the WRs for it, and all the O-line we brought in is run blocking. And hell, even without the WRs, it seems like all we do is dink and dunk anyway. Keller is our best receiving threat, and Mangini was apparently punishing him last week for a 3rd down drop the week before. This offense should be run through Keller, like the Cowboys with Witten. TO sucks, Witten is what drives that offense.

It's maddening because I do think we have enough talent to be a good team. It's just we have idiots running it. We should be right behind the Steelers for a #2 seed (the Steelers are going to take the #1) instead of struggling to make the playoffs and then playing in the first week of the playoffs. And hell, even if we were 8-6, if it was due to just not being good enough I wouldn't mind, but we're losing games because of terrible coaching and frankly questionable execution by players as well. That is a million times more frustrating than just not being good enough.

Does anybody really think this team can beat either the Colts or Ravens?

Archived