When should the Jets approach Leon about an extension?

AFJF

I agree, I guess they need to wait for some of Favres money to free up

they found money for fanaca, pace, jenkins, woody this past offseason... they can find money for leon.

i think woody made a few bucks on the psl auctions. he can afford to open his wallet for the MVP of the team.

they found money for fanaca, pace, jenkins, woody this past offseason... they can find money for leon.

i think woody made a few bucks on the psl auctions. he can afford to open his wallet for the MVP of the team.

this is beyond comical

the best player on team should be locked up for next 5 years WTF.

I can't believe that people are complaining that we aren't locking up players that are still under contract for the full season after this one. The team supposedly has some kind of policy against renegotiating contracts with more than one year left. Even all the dark cloud ****ers on here have to admit they do pretty well with contracts and there isn't much money around with all the FAs they signed. I'm sure that they will try to lock him up during the offseason.

I thought Cotchery was re-signed with more than a year left on his deal. I see Leon as being in a similar situation in terms of being a good young player who should see an expanded role over the next few years (if not next week).

I thought Cotchery was re-signed with more than a year left on his deal. I see Leon as being in a similar situation in terms of being a good young player who should see an expanded role over the next few years (if not next week).

I wouldn't doubt it. I don't think it's as firm a rule as they pretended, but it seems that they brought it up with Kendall, Moore and Baker. I believe it raised regarding Rhodes too. Remember people bitching that they were going to let Rhodes walk? He's still here.

FWIW, Cotchery was a rookie in '04. I think he had the usual 4 year rookie deal and signed before the '07 season which would be one year left.

Well, Leon's contract should be up soon. Typical rookie contract is about 4 years. I think this is his third year?

He'll be gone after next year. The only people in the nation that think Leon is being used enough are Mangini and half the Jets fans. Not exactly the most brilliant people in the world. Everybody else that writes about football thinks Mangini is an idiot and Leon is underused.

Well, Leon's contract should be up soon. Typical rookie contract is about 4 years. I think this is his third year?

He'll be gone after next year. The only people in the nation that think Leon is being used enough are Mangini and half the Jets fans. Not exactly the most brilliant people in the world. Everybody else that writes about football thinks Mangini is an idiot and Leon is underused.

Exactly what valuable pieces have they let walk? Victor Hobson? Erik Coleman? That's all I can remember. Any other key pieces missing?

Not to be negative, but why would Leon re-sign with a team giving him 3-4 touches a game?

Unless they drastically change his usage, I'm afraid he's gone when his contract is up.

Great point... sucks... but GREAT point...

Archived