Kansas City Weather for Fins Game on Sunday

Green DNA

A Dolphin loss to KC is almost irrelevant to the Jets playoff chances.

Even if Dolphins lose to KC Jets still must beat MIA to win the division.

Please explain this... you act like the Pats are a lock to go 11-5.... is that really what your basing that statement on?

How so?

It's not relevant to the Jets. If we are 1 game up and they beat us H2H we lose tiebreakers to Dolphins and Pats anyway. Jets have to beat them next week to get in

The only way it potentially has meaning is if the Pats and Ravens also lose another....

This game is wayyy more important to the Pats then the Jets..

LOL

He was just trying to be a jerk...

You know your excited at the thought of the Phins losing this week and then beating the JETS in wreek 17... wont happen but you know your excited... lol

Be logical Ecurb. You know if the Pats are in the 7th position for the playoffs that Goodell will alter the format giving the Pats a first round match up with the Rams, saying that it is for the good of the league.

God bless the Patriots and no one else.

Please explain this... you act like the Pats are a lock to go 11-5.... is that really what your basing that statement on?

Believe it or not, he's right. Here are the scenarios:

1) If all three teams win on Sunday, NE cannot win the division. Meaning the Jets-Dolphins game would be for the division (Jets winning would give them three way head to head and division record, whereas a Miami win would give them the edge over NE on the AFC Record).

2) If all three teams lose, see the same scenario.

3) If either the Jets or Miami lose, New England would win the division with two wins and the loser this week winning the Jets-Fish game.

4) If both the Jets and Miami, lose, New England wins the division with two wins no matter what the result of the Jets-Fish game.

5) If Miami loses, but the Jets win this week, they would still surpass the Jets should they beat Miami the next week due to the third tiebreaker (common opponents).

If Dolphins lose to KC and beat the Jets. Then both the Jets and Phins would be 10-6, and have the same division record but the Fins would be ahead of the Jets on common opponents.

That's without even including NE in the mix.

LOL

He was just trying to be a jerk...

You know your excited at the thought of the Phins losing this week and then beating the JETS in wreek 17... wont happen but you know your excited... lol

First of all it's "you're" excited...and although I would be pretty amazed at making the playoff's after what my team has been through - 1) I can't see it and 2) they would get their azzes handed to 'em in the first round. That would not be very exciting.

First of all it's "you're" excited...and although I would be pretty amazed at making the playoff's after what my team has been through - 1) I can't see it and 2) they would get their azzes handed to 'em in the first round. That would not be very exciting.

Your crazy... you're takes too long to type... :lol:

1) If all three teams win on Sunday, NE cannot win the division. Meaning the Jets-Dolphins game would be for the division (Jets winning would give them three way head to head and division record, whereas a Miami win would give them the edge over NE on the AFC Record).

McNabb, that is not 100% accurate, If NE wins the next two and fins-jets game ends in a tie NE wins the division. (they are rare but possible)

5) If Miami loses, but the Jets win this week, they would still surpass the Jets should they beat Miami the next week due to the third tiebreaker (common opponents).

How could that be?

NY would have a better Div record assuming both NE and NY are tied. NE split with Miami where as NY swept them

How could that be?

NY would have a better Div record assuming both NE and NY are tied. NE split with Miami where as NY swept them

No I mean if Miami beats the Jets, they will surpass the Jets. They would both have a 4-2 division record.

If the Jets beat Miami, they will finish ahead of Miami regardless of what happens this week.

For the Jets, the Miami game is meaningless this week. For New England, the game means a lot (as a KC victory would give them an opening, barring a season ending tie game).

No I mean if Miami beats the Jets, they will surpass the Jets. They would both have a 4-2 division record.

If the Jets beat Miami, they will finish ahead of Miami regardless of what happens this week.

For the Jets, the Miami game is meaningless this week. For New England, the game means a lot (as a KC victory would give them an opening, barring a season ending tie game).

I think Pats fans are better off hoping that Baltimore loses in Dallas. ;)

For NE, KC and SEA victories would be huge.

But for Jets fans a KC win is meaningless.

Likewise for Dolphins fans a SEA win is meaningless.

It would be so sweet if NE knocked Mangini out of the playoffs again. The look on his face is priceless at the post game hand shake.

How exactly would THAT happen? All Mangini needs to do is tell his OC to throw to the TE's all game. Game ovah.

Archived