Dog owners

DMaynard

Just a warning about something I learned today. Sugarfree gum has something called xylitol in it that is poisonous to dogs. If your dog does get into it, you have to induce vomiting (pour hydrogen peroxide down their throat).

So keep that out of reach of the doggies.

Along with grapes. My dog has eaten chocolate and survived but thanks for the info.

My dog has eaten whole bowls of M/MS before(we did not feed her) and no problem. Now McDonalds hamburgers - Lets just say she gave a whole new meaning to the term Hershey Squirts. Not a pretty sight

My dog has eaten whole bowls of M/MS before(we did not feed her) and no problem. Now McDonalds hamburgers - Lets just say she gave a whole new meaning to the term Hershey Squirts. Not a pretty sight

Speaking of that kinda thing, I just took such a gnarly dump that when I washed my hands, I had to go all the way to the elbows. Felt freakin' great though. :cheers:

Speaking of what dogs will eat...

Anyone else have a dog that will eat vegetables? Mine will eat lettuce, grean beans (even frozen ones) onions, pretty much anything I throw her she will eat. I've never had any other dog that will do that.

My dog just ate a jacket so, yeah, veggies are gourmet!

btw.. onions are a no-no for dogs.

Oh, I did not know that. I just fed her a couple small pearl onions the other day to see if she would eat them, it's not going to be part of her regular diet.

In small doses like that it's not an issue.. it just could make the dog sick. All other veggies are fine. Fruit too. We add zucchini, carrots, peas, cukes, tomatoes etc to her food every day.

In small doses like that it's not an issue.. it just could make the dog sick. All other veggies are fine. Fruit too. We add zucchini, carrots, peas, cukes, tomatoes etc to her food every day.

Huh, maybe it isn't that unusual for them to eat veggies then. All my other dogs must have been picky eaters...or spoiled rotten.

Speaking of what dogs shouldn't eat..

My dog ate through my ski jacket today to get into the pocket (I always carry kibble in my pocket in case I encounter strange dogs while walking/jogging).

WOW. My beagle would love you. He's kind of a whore though.

Anyone else have a dog that will eat vegetables? Mine will eat lettuce, grean beans (even frozen ones) onions, pretty much anything I throw her she will eat. I've never had any other dog that will do that.

My dog loves veggies too but the vet said no onions, grapes, raisins, or chocolate.

post-4299-12804639967616_thumb.jpg My cool dog.

Cute, bit it looks a little like a Tasmanian Devil. :) What kind is it?

He is a Dutch Shepard, which most people have never seen before. They are primarily used in law enforcement and I got him from a friend that belongs on our local department. I get asked about him all the time. Some people tell me he looks like a wolf. He is beautiful and extremely intelligent. His Mom is a manhunter and bomb sniffer.

And, he is a little devil!!

Yeah, my dog Andy (the one who ate the chocolate) loves candy but other than that is a super picky eater. Hendrix, the beagle mix puppy I just got, flipped out when i was eating an orange the other day. Other than that I'm still feeling out his likes and dislikes. Although he was enjoying the christmas reethe on the banister. My aunt's dog is basically a garbage disposal, he'll eat anything, anytime, anywhere.

He is a Dutch Shepard, which most people have never seen before. They are primarily used in law enforcement and I got him from a friend that belongs on our local department. I get asked about him all the time. Some people tell me he looks like a wolf. He is beautiful and extremely intelligent. His Mom is a manhunter and bomb sniffer.

And, he is a little devil!!

Cool. I have never heard of them.

Archived